Date Help

I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in
cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works
except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6
the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I
doing wrong?
Thanks,
Malcolm

Hi,
use this formula instead

=if(C6="","",$C$6)

"Malcolm" wrote:

> I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in
> cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works
> except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6
> the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I
> doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

Eduardo, Hi,

That did.

Thank you,
Malcolm

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> use this formula instead
>
> =if(C6="","",$C$6)
>
> "Malcolm" wrote:
>
> > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in
> > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works
> > except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6
> > the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I
> > doing wrong?
> > Thanks,
> > Malcolm

A common issue. Do it this way:

=IF($C$6="","",$C$6)

Regards,
Fred

"Malcolm" <Malcolm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in
> cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works
> except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell
> J6
> the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I
> doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

0
Fred

Most unusual question
Using Outlook Office 2003 and this evening, everytime I try to open a link from email in Outlook, it opens up My Documents! What's wrong and how do I correct this problem! Thanks! ...

Help #4
When you go into, Sales Batch Entry, select the batch, transactions, lookup by document number, the view I am getting now is green and white. I am seeing all the documents in all the batches. I don't want this view, I want to be able to view only what is in the batch selected. What controls this feature? rcr, what you can do is Go to Sales Transaction Entry, Enter your Batch ID, then if you see the lookup, it'll only have the transactions entered for that Batch alone. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "rcr" wrote: > When you go...

OT Help
OT sorry. You all seem to be the most knowledgeable of all the newsgroups i know about. I need to create an eMail containing other eMails. The only app that I know that does this is Outlook. I would rather not have to struggle with Outlook. Other than Thunderbird, that I cannot get to set up, what other eMail apps allow dragging current eMails into a new eMail to send? On Jul 23, 3:47=A0pm, BeeJ <nos...@live.com> wrote: > OT sorry. > You all seem to be the most knowledgeable of all the newsgroups i know > about. > I need to create an eMail containing other ...

date formulas
Hi, I have two problems that need help. Cell A1 has a date of birth. Cell A2 calculates the age. If there isn't a dob of birth, cell A2 returns 110. Another one is having cell C1 with a date or NA. C2 is based on cell C1 and adds 3 months to the date in C1 but if C1 has NA, the return is #value!. Kathleen Describing the problem is only the first step, Kathleen. You also need to identify the solution you are looking for. As a guess, for #1 try, =if(a1="","",datedif(a1,today(),"y")) For #2, =if(c1="NA","",date(y...

HELP!! Accounting Question
When I run a Tender Summary for specific days, I don't see a record of the Payments to Account that have been made for that specific day. Why? My accountant desperately needs to know why. Also, why when I run a Detailed Sales report and a Tender Summary for the same period, do the amount not match up. Thank you in advance for your help. See my new thread question from today for a better Z report that can be run from manager. I think we are talking about the same thing. Maybe someone out there can help. "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Need Help #5
I had installed outlook on Exchange 2003. Now when I try to republish Default global address list, I get the error "MAPI or an unspecified service provider". I think my MAPI profile must be currupted. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thank Kumar Check the version of mapi32.dll in your system32 directory. You may simply need to replace it with the mapi32.dll version that is found in the /exchsrvr/bin folder. Oh, and uninstall Outlook please. There is a reason that installing Outlook on an Exchange server isn't recommended and isn't supported.... -- Ben W...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet. How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to manually type it in the title area under Chart Options? Wilfred: Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you are looking for. http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm I ...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

HELP: Outlook downloads 3,4, now 5 copies of each email
I make Outlook 2000 use a Outlook.pst file on a separate hard disk instead of the usual C:\Documents & Settings\ folder. Everything is fine. I also TICK "Leave copy of message on server" so I always have a backup copy. Now when i format my PC and reinstall Windows & Outlook, I point to my D:\Outlook.pst and it starts using it. Then all of a sudden it starts downloading ALL my emails again. If I format my PC once again and reinstall Windows & Outlook, then Outlook starts downloading ALL my emails TWICE (there's 2 copies of each email downloaded, plus the copy I...

help on combo box...
i have a combo box cbPayee... on top of the list is "add new payee..." below which are the other names ...how can i enable it that when the 1st row is selected, a pop-up form wud appear for data entry... thanks... -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the After Update event of the combo. If Me.cbPayee = "add new payee..." Then 'Do it here Else However, a more common technique is to use the combo's NotInList event for this purpose. Set the combo's Limit To List property to Yes. Delete the "add new payee...&q...

HTML Email distorted in Hotmail
I create a table with about a dozen rows of cells in Outlook as an HTML document. For some reason, when I e- mail it to myself and open it in Outlook the formatting is just as I sent it. No problem. However, when I send it to a hotmail account, the font in at least one cell is reduced half-way through the line. If I hperlink the title in the first cell, the font also shrinks down to more than half its size. ( Less important, but noteworthy, is what happens when the same e-mail sent to hotmail is forwarded or replied to. Hotmail converts it to a text message only so all the colour and ...

Help 05-06-10
I'm trying to send a message and I cant And what exactly happens when you try? Any error messages? Has this account ever worked in Windows Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant > "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant ********...

How do I save Visio help text boxes as html
I have a Visio process flow containing help text boxes (mouse overs) and hyperlinks that I want to save as a web document (html). When saved, the help text boxes are no longer available. How do I save as html so that they are available? ...

Dates in Charts
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it shows all dates March 1, March 2, March 3 Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that? you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it. the numbers in between are still shown on the axis. AGP "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC1E855-7741-44A3-9E5F-7E928A16AE15@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists ...

How would I hire someone to help w Outlook issues remotely?
I have a lot of little bugs with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP and do not seem to be able to find help. I have asked questions multiple times on this forum with no help. Is there a way an individual can hire another individual to come on my computer remotely and help with my little issues? ...or should I just call someone like geek squad to send someone over? please copy my email as I never seem to find responses on this forum and when I login it says I have no responses. (I have also checked notify of replies) Kevin grold@aol.com Your questions in this group, in Januar...

How would you manage these dates?
I'm back, after posting just a couple of hours ago about "old" dates and getting great help. Now I know more about what my friend is trying to do, and I'm intrigued by the problem and am wondering how a real clever expert, like in this group, would handle it. She's archiving historical letters and using an Excel file. So she's got rows with the topic, who wrote it, who received it, the date, etc. Let's ignore the problem of "old" dates now and assume they're all after 1900. Here's the tricky part: she's not sure about some dates. Thi...

Help Please #14
What is the formula that takes hours that have been added up and multiples them by an hourly wage. I know it can be done. I just don't know how. -- darling ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darling's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28855 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486045 =A8*24*Wage_Rate where A8 holds the hours, it is important to format result as genreal or numbers or currency or else you'll get a large time format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darl...

Need to automaticallu input date in form
This seems to be a very popular question posed on the forum, and I have read through and tried the most viable solutions given to others. I have three diferent forms that update a table with three different date fields. Although I have set the default value for all the date fields in the table to =Date()- 1, this only works on one of the forms, even though that field in each form is given same properties. The forms are used to update an inventory table containing part numbers, wip dates and amounts, packing dates and amounts, and shipping dates and amounts. I use the three different forms bec...

Help, NDIS BSOD
We have an NDIS IM developed based on Passthru sample. It works fine on x86 platform for years. Recently, we port it to x64 server and got BSOD every 20 hours of loading. It won't happen at sunday when nobody connect to that server. The crash code are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL (d0), DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5) or BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2). Sometimes, it crashed at allocating memory in our driver. Sometimes, it crashed at deallocating memory in our driver. Most of the time, it crashed out of our code. Any hints how to debug? Segments of dump are as followings: Windows...

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

Extra White Space down Side of page
i have a standard A4 word doc with a page border - the border and information within are fine however recently when i opn document there is an exra inch of page on the right hand side its just white space. the border stays in and doesnt move out, the white space just appears after about 5 seconds when you open the document. it looks like i need to move all info and borders outwards to make it even but everything wont go out the far and the rulers at the top arent recognising the extra space either. When printing the extra space remains. i have looked at page broders, margins ...

date doesn't get entered in cell
I give up, why is the "inputDate" variable not getting put in the "v5" cell? In "a4" cell the "f_FnameLname" variable is getting entered just fine. Also, is there a way to format the date so that in the dialog box the user will have to enter a date? tia, Public Sub SingleMonths() 'months macro rewritten 'used for a single patient sheet to be printed Dim inputDate As Date Dim i As Long inputDate = InputBox("Enter a date:", "Date", Date) 'requires date input from the user in a dialog box For i = 2 To Worksheets.Count...

Highlight multiple cells (one column) that are less than today's date
Hello, I have a column of dates that needs to be compared current date and highlighted if the date is less that today's date. The dates were populated in a general non-specific format (below) and vary in length. My plan was to create a macro, that uses conditional formatting to say; if the cell date is less than today's date highlight it yellow. I am not finding this to be an easy task! Anyhow, after creating the conditional formatting; I apply it the column by using a past special, then lastly apply a format to the entire column of dates as DATE "*3/14/2001". What hap...

help needed! can't open my pst file
hi.. need your expetise... :) im really desperate to open my pst files. im having a hard time to open it. i encountered errors when opening the file. like: this file is not a personal folders file. i already tried to run scanpst.exe, but no good. tried to import/export files but really cant get through. even tried the data file management option.. but still no luck! :( need help... please.. i can send you the file to try it on.. :) please advise.. thanks in advance, bambz Sorry, but the most basic information is missing - version of Outlook and where the .pst file is stored. --� Milly ...