Counting blanks as zeros

Column AZ contains zeroes as well as blank cells (meaning no value has been
entered in the cell). In my formula below, I want to reference only the cells
that contain zero and ignore the cells that are blank. As written, the
formula is referencing both zero and blak cells. How can I modify the formula
to do ignore the blank cells in column AZ?

{=SUM(IF(Chart1!$A$2:$A$10000=A3,IF(Chart1!$C$2:$C$10000=B3,IF(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000=0,Chart1!$F$2:$F$10000),)))}

Thanks,
Bob

You can add one more condition Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000<>"" or use SUMPRODUCT()
formula as below...non-array entered

=SUMPRODUCT((Chart1!$A$2:$A$10000=A3)*(Chart1!$C$2:$C$10000=B3)*
(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000<>"")*(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000=0),
Chart1!$F$2:$F$10000)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"bob" wrote:

> Column AZ contains zeroes as well as blank cells (meaning no value has been
> entered in the cell). In my formula below, I want to reference only the cells
> that contain zero and ignore the cells that are blank. As written, the
> formula is referencing both zero and blak cells. How can I modify the formula
> to do ignore the blank cells in column AZ?
>
> {=SUM(IF(Chart1!$A$2:$A$10000=A3,IF(Chart1!$C$2:$C$10000=B3,IF(Chart1!$AZ$2:$AZ$10000=0,Chart1!$F$2:$F$10000),)))}
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Counting question #2
I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than 0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25; & Q29:W29. What formula would I use? I've tried several but I keep getting error answers. hi, =count(Q13:W13,Q17:W17,Q21:W17,Q25:W25,Q29:W29) >-----Original Message----- >I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than >0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: >Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25...

Blank HTML Emails
In Outlook 2003 I can't seem to read html emails from users using outlook 2000 and 2002. Viewing source shows that the message is truncated. However if I view the same message in OWA or Outlook 2000 it shows up fine. I've narrowed it down to it being a unicode ascii issue, but I can't figure out how to get 2003 to recognize that the email is ascii and not unicode. Apparently it's reading each byte in wide character format therefore removing have of the message. If anyone has seen this or knows how to resolve it please respond. Cy ...

OK. got frequency to report bin counts
now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? Select E1:F12 and make XY chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MarkB" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eMj$AhG$GHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? > ...

counting using multiple criteria
Hi, I have a problem for which I can't seem to find a working solution. On the one hand I have a vertical table with employee names, the number of years they have been with the company, and all this sorted by the employee's age (in years). This table will be updated from time to time, and as such it doesn't have a fixed length. On the other hand I have a table which shows the number of employees in a particular age category (-20, 21-25, 26-30, etc) horizontally, and the number of years they have been with the company (again in groups: 0-5 yrs, 5-10 yrs, etc) vertically. ...

How do I count items based on multiple criteria from a different worksheet?
I have tried {=SUM(('10-16-2005'!F:F="Brentwood") * ('10-16-2005'!B:B="ACTV"))} (entered with F2, then cntrl/shift /return, but it is not returning what It should. What I would REALLY like to do, is if the first letter of column B (STATUS) starts with a "A", "B" or "N" .AND. Column F (City) = "Brentwood" .AND. Column J (BT) = "DE". All of these are on Worksheet 10-16-05 (or preferrably, what ever the column header is on SHEET1, row1, column()) Thanks! Mc Here is a formula =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIN...

printing zero values
I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? Dave - Try - Tools, Options, View, and uncheck zero values in the Windows Options section. HTH, Carole O "dave glynn" wrote: > I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports > only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How > can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? ...

Counting text within an Entire Workbook
Hi - Need help, still stuck. I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet has an inventory list with a part number and perhaps a word "missing" next to it. I am trying to summarize on a different worksheet how many parts have the word "missing". The parts list would look something like this (beginning with column A and Row 1). I am hoping for a formula rather than a macro because of circumstances, does anyone have magic up their sleeve? THX Part Nbr Status 1234 Missing 1243 4563 3434 M...

duplicate detection
I've created a rule for identifying duplicate contacts with the following match code criteria: - emailaddress1 I update a contact record (that has a duplicate email address) in the following way: a) address1_line1 changed from “12 The Grange” to null (or space) b) address1_line2 changed from “Beverly” to “Hounslow” c) address1_city changed from null to “Manchester” A duplicate is detected when I press save on the contact record. From the duplicates detected window, I choose to save the record anyway. The contact window is then refreshed but shows the following data: a) address1_line1...

Count / Frequency #2
Hi Duane, Thank you for reply, formula works well. I just tweaked the cell referencing: =COUNTIF(C$19:$C19,C19) so that it counted 1 from my top most cell; i.e C19 (criteria), so didn't need the +1. However, How can I get this Formula to work on Filtered Rows: so tha COUNTIF sequentially counts ONLY the Filtered Visible Cells (and doe not include the non-filtered data)? Thanks Tin� duane Wrote: > > the top row gets a 1 in column B > then place this in the 2nd row in column B > > (this assumes the top row is 5) > =COUNTIF(A5:$A$5,A6)+1 > > copy down col...

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Blank Senders
I keep receiving messages form "unknown". When I check "properties", there is no sender. When I access the messages from the web (before they are downloaded to Outlook), there is also "no sender", and I can not Block them from future messages. My ISP is Verizon, and they insist that they have NOTHING to do with this, and that there is no way that they can keep the messages from coming to me. Does anyone know what causes this, and how to stop it? Thanks. > Does anyone know what causes this, and how to stop it? Thanks. I don't know the cause, but would gue...

CountIf or leave blank
See formula below...if it doesn't find any cells that contain "*A", a zero is entered in the cell. I would like the cell to remain blank if nothing is found. Is this possible? Thanks in advance =COUNTIF($I$27:$BR$34,"*A") "bcags7" wrote: > See formula below...if it doesn't find any cells > that contain "*A", a zero is entered in the cell. > I would like the cell to remain blank if nothing > is found. =IF(COUNTIF($I$27:$BR$34,"*A"), COUNTIF($I$27:$BR$34,"*A"), "") ----- original m...

Counting Occurrence of a Value within Cells
I have a user who is using Excel as a database – ugh. One of their columns (fields) has contact data points. As an example, a cell might state – “05/10/2009 – Called person. 05/24/2009 – Sent letter. 06/30/2009 – Received call from person. 07/31/2009 – Closed case. 01/10/2010 – Reopened case. 01/24/2010 – Sent update letter.” The user wants to count all contacts within the spreadsheet for the month of May 2010. The first thing I am doing is having the dates changed from mm/dd/yyyy to dd MMM yyyy format so we can search for MMM yyyy. After this is done, we can do a Find all and...

Ignore Blank Cells
I update a workbook weekly in separate worksheets. My master worksheet links to the appropriate cells for the updated data. These are simple percentage numbers (not forumlas, etc.) and only need to be a one-on-one link. The problem I have is that if one of the cells is blank, it returns a 0 and I need to to stay blank. Any ideas? There are about 57,000 cells I am working with so I really don't want to have to update manually all blanks. Hi SEF, As long as you want to hide all zero values on a sheet you can use in excel 2003 From the Tools menu select Options On tab V...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Count items in a column
How can I count the number of different items in a column and return the different counts in another column? Peter, Select your column, then choose Data | Pivot table... and drag the button to both the row and the data areas, and you'll get a table of unique items showing how many times each appears. HTH, Bernie "Peter Nunez" <pnunezus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:068c01c38f4c$27817d70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I count the number of different items in a column > and return the different counts in another column? ...

why is my baragraph blank?
Hi, I try to make a chart and it comes up blank. Don't know why but its blank and I cant see any bars, can anyone help me fast? please!! Thank you Hi, Is it possible your numbers are actually in cells formatted as text? Check the Number format of the value cells. Cheers Andy meganater wrote: > Hi, I try to make a chart and it comes up blank. Don't know why but its blank > and I cant see any bars, can anyone help me fast? please!! Thank you > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Exch 5.5 OWA
Hoping someone can help. Users can log into OWA OK and pull up their mailbox. When they click on a message to open it the message window is entirely blank. If they click on Forward or Reply the message body is displayed. Also, if full Outlook program is used the message body appears with no problems. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? "Craig" <holdthisforme@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sjoaq0p2igr8oca6ptr8c3s4o57cl6u39t@4ax.com... > Hoping someone can help. Users can log into OWA OK and pull up their > mailbox. When they click on a message to o...

count records each month ?
I have a table called TReport which have a date field called daReportDate (yyyy-mm-dd). I want to count how many times there is a record for each month in the table. I tried it this way - SELECT daReportDate, count(daReportDate) FROM TReport WHERE year(daReportDate)=(2007) group by month(daReportDate) But it does not work. I'm not sure about the count and about the Group by. SELECT Month(daReportDate), Count(daReportDate) FROM TReport WHERE Year(daReportDate)=(2007) GROUP BY Month(daReportDate) ; In a nutshell, what you select needs to also be part of the group by except for the aggre...

Returning only non zero effect groups
Here is a sample list (mine are much larger w/many more fields) Name Amount Date bob 100 04-05-05 bob -50 05-04-05 bob -25 05-05-05 sarah 200 04-03-05 sarah -200 04-06-05 dave 300 04-02-05 dave -150 04-27-05 dave -150 05-18-05 I only care about the values for the groups(name would be group in this case) in which th...

Count records from different table
Not sure if this is even do-able or not. I have a form (lets call it FORM A) that has details information about each Case. Each case can have multiple Collection records. I want text box on FORM A that just tells me the number of Collection records with the same Case number. I tried DCount in a new unbound text box, but i just get '#Error'. Any suggestions? You can use an unbound textbox, and in the form's On Current event open a recordset of the table, then populate the textbox with the recordcount from that recordset. For example, if your other table was called TBL an...

Counting how many records have writing in two columns.
I am trying to finish a report that is to include a current calculation of: # of total employees, # of hourly employees, # of salary employees, # of employees on leave, # of current employees (not on leave), and finall (the part I am having trouble with), # of salary employees on leave and current salary employees as well as current hourly employees and hourly employees on leave. I have four columns in my table and query I am linking from (hourly, salary, LOA (means they on on leave), and schedule (means they are current). For the first few calculations I just had it count the number of...

Counting number of days within a range.
Hi, I need to count the number of occurrences of any dates that fall between a specific range of dates. For example: find all the dates in a particular range and count the occurences from date1 to date2. Please help . Thanks, Chandana ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ Chandana, With Column A containing the dates, Cell C2 contai...