Countif problems

I am currently trying to write a formula that looks up a centre eg Boston and
then, from another column, how many 'Bostons' appear between two given dates.
Is this possible?
Although I am writing this formula other people will have to use it and
change the date ranges regularly so it can't be overly complicated.
--
Drew C

With data arranged as below try the below formula. Query dates are in cells
C1 & D1

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A7>=C1)*(A1:A7<=D1)*(B1:B7="Boston"))

Col A	Col B	Col C	Col D
1/25/2010	Boston	1/25/2010	1/28/2010
1/26/2010	NY
1/27/2010	Boston
1/28/2010	NY
1/29/2010	Boston
1/30/2010	NY
1/31/2010	Boston

--
Jacob

"Drew" wrote:

> I am currently trying to write a formula that looks up a centre eg Boston and
> then, from another column, how many 'Bostons' appear between two given dates.
> Is this possible?
> Although I am writing this formula other people will have to use it and
> change the date ranges regularly so it can't be overly complicated.
> --
> Drew C

money password problem
I have money 2000, I downloaded money 2004 trial version to see if it had a feature I was looking for. It didn't so I went to restore money 2000 and get rid of 04'. Now when I try and open my backup file it prompts me for a password. I never have had a password in money. I tried going back to 04, saving a backup with a password and opening it in 00. I put in the password I created and it doesn't accept that one.. Any way to just reset the password??, or some other workaround. thanks It must be way too hard to read all of the screens that would have warned you about th...

PO Label printing problem
After receiving a PO and I'm in label printing , Some of the recv'd items require different formats i.e. Sticker,Hangtag,Jewelery. It seems to be only one type can be done. Is there a way to assign a format by item or categogy? Some label-printing add-on? ...

Outlook Express Default Email Handler Problem
Hi - is this the correct group for Outlook Express (2002)? I have a problem. I changed OE to the default email handler and now when I click an email address on a webpage I get multiple (up to 70) instances of Internet Explorer opening to the limit of my memory. Any clues? -- All the best, Pete ------------------------------------------------ Home Page: http://users.bigpond.com/lansma Location: 42�53'S; 147�19'E No. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Expres...

Office problems after update
Hi, I hope someone can help - I've searched various user groups online but couldn't find any solutions... I've been using Office 2004 on my PB for months - no problems at all. But after downloading the most recent update, it's all gone wrong... Word now crashes whenever I try and copy and paste text and whenever i try and use bullets. Also when I try and copy text and paste in another app (like Mail or Excel). Should I try reinstalling Office - and ignore the Office updates? thanks... See the reply to your post in the Word group. For future reference it is preferable to ...

PROBLEM: Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003 E-Mail Display
Hey, When you send an e-mail or receive one from outlook, by default it looks for the person in your contacts and puts the display name up instead. But when reading the e-mail it displays John Doe [mailto:johndoe@web.com] To: Jane Doe How do you get rid of the mailto:etc,etc ??? I would prefer a hyperlink instead of the mailto because then it reveals the person's e-mail address. I know you could just hover over it or click on the hyperlink to find out the e-mail, but I'm just asking for the purpose of printing. I don't want my e-mail address shown in a long stream of E...

CListView update problem
Hi, I am using a CListView derived class in my application. All the processing work is done in the document class. I wanted to update the view with the string and its count, these are the two columns in the list control. Say the process has 100 entries to process. UpdateAllViews is called after every record. The problem is update happens only after all the records are processed and not after every call. What could be the reason? Thanks, Karthick Are you sure that OnUpdate of the views isn't getting called for every item after you call UpdateAllViews? Because UpdateAllViews simply loop...

Problems with ADC synchronization #2
Our environment is NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. Currently migrating to AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. We are using a ADC connector between the AD controller and the Exchange 5.5 server. The ADC is able to replicate some information, but not all and in some cases does not replicate a disabled mail enabled user. Even after deleting and letting replication take place does not happen for some users. We cannot attach a mailbox to those users. Those users existing 5.5 mailboxes will return an NDR from certain mailboxes trying to deliver mail. All parameters on the ADC have been checked and double che...

format problem #4
I have a file of 50000 rows and in column A in just 2 or three cells i have a cell which show #NAME? but if u click that cell it will sho =- vikram, how to get rid of this cell...i mean to say that how t format that cell to a eadable format thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nothing wrong with the format (at least I don't think so), you just don't have a named range or value of vikram. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------------------------...

Address book / Contacts problem?
When I open the Windows Address Book in Outlook Express 6 and click "Tools", the "Options" is missing. Not just 'fadded' but totaly missing. I have no way to turn on or off my "Share information among Microsoft Outlook and other applications." What version of Outlook are you using? OE can only share with Outlook in 98/2000 IMO mode. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "RW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05f101c3d748$f09a0a30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open the Windows Address Book in Outlook Express 6 >...

IMF Junk Email Problem
I have installed the Intelligent Message Filter on Exchange 2003. Under the Gateway Blocking Configuration, I am not taking any action on emails. However, on the Store Junk Email configuration, I have a SCL rating of 7 set to move messages to the Junk Email Folder. I am using Outlook 2003. I am not seeing any of the emails being moved in my, or other users Junk Email folders. I went to another thread and added a custom form column inside Outlook 2003 to see the value being assigned by the Intelligent Message Filter. The messages with SCL of 7 to 9 are still being placed in my inbox...

Problem With RPC-HTTp Front-End Server
hello All. we are running Exchange 2003 Standard On Server 2003. I Installed That Server Yesterday. Exchange Server Properties Rpc-Http front-end Server Not Configuration. I Can't Check the Box. AnyOne Have Any Idea. ...

nested Serialization problems
I have a class derived from CObject class CStuff:public CObject { DECLARE_SERIAL(CStuff) public: CObArray m_SomeElements; unsigned int *nIntData; // this is an array of unsigned int; unsigned int m_nValue1, m_nValue2; CStringArray m_strArrayData; ................. ................. // and some member functions; virtual void Serialize(CArchive &ar); } The object m_SomeElements of the CObArray is populated if objects classes that are derived from CObject where the DECLARE_SERIAL and IMPLEMENT_SERIAL macros are specified as well. CStuff::Serialize(C...

Password Problem #3
I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and despite the fact thet my MS Money 2002 was synchronized with my .net passport account, I cannot acces my money file now. It does not accept any password I type in. I am positive that there were no passwords for my file. I downloaded the Accent Money Password recovery program and it tells me that the file is "not password protected" I need help in resoving this issue, Thanks Zameer In microsoft.public.money, Zameer wrote: >I had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash and >despite the fact thet my M...

Access Mailing list problems
I am trying to create a mailing list from a county tax roll. I have a table with the following fields: PPIN(unique parcel number), OWNER (name of owner), C/O (mailing instructions), ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, SECTION, TOWNSHIP, RANGE, CULTIVATABLE ACRES, UNCULTIVATABLE ACRES, TOTAL ACRES I want to create a mailing list from the data for each address that owns more than 100 uncultivatalbe acres in aggregate. Since an owner may own multiple parcels I want to sum the total acres each person/or address owns. The problems are: 1. I would delete duplicate records for OWNER but many parcel...

Problems with Excel 2003 after downloading Office SP1
I'm wondering if anyone else running Office 2003 had problems with applying multiple subtotals in Excel 2003 after downloading the SP1 Office update? ...

Post CDO patch problem w/ MAPI reviewing the content of a PF
We have a problem after installing the CDO patch on E2K with a VB 6 application which uses MAPI to review the content of a public folder. For example, say the time is currently 4:00 PM. The program is suppose to retreive email -30 minutes from 4:00PM. The VB code accuretly returns the current Time as 4:00 PM and the subtraction of 30 minutes also is correct, which is 3:30 PM. The 3:30 PM is supplied to the MAPI filter to retrieve email starting from that time. However it is not doing that. It tries to retrieve from 4:30 PM onwards therfore it cannot find anything because the current time...

CountIF based on multiple conditions
Hello I simply want to count entries based on more than one condition. I understand how to count for one condition-- which in my example is: =COUNTIF(H3:H349,"yes"); I'd also like to count entries for example of employees in our 'West' region (cells D3-D349) who also need training -'Yes' (cells H3-H349). I tried this entry below--I added parenthesis, etc and nothing is working for me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. PC =COUNT(IF(H3:H349,"yes")+(D3:D349,"West"))) Hi PC! One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($D$3:$D$349="West")*($...

Problem with transform XSL that incude asp.net controls and validation controls!!!! #2
Please help me. I have problem with transform xml Protected WithEvents GeneralXMLWeb As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Xml Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim xmldoc As New XmlDocument() xmldoc=result of Function() * GeneralXMLWeb.Document = xmldoc Dim treeView As XslTransform = New XslTransform() treeView.Load(Server.MapPath("file.xslt")) GeneralXMLWeb.Transform = treeView ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ("file.xslt&qu...

VLOOKUP PROBLEM #8
Here is the formula - =VLOOKUP($D54,WBS!$A$2:$K$60,6,0) D54 = "411100" The range in WBS for the lookup number is "411100" - "431160" (text) The 6th column in WBS = "411JM" That works just fine when the lookup up number is "411100" however, when I go to the next line (D54 = "431100" ) I get #N/A as a return (should be "4311JK") The only thing that returns properly is 411100 - all other numbers return #N/A I have checked that the data types are the same and the lookup ranges are the same I am confused. Never seen this...

ie 8 Problem 06-09-10
I used Asus eee Pc netbook with window7 starter version and now ie 8 is opened for a second and then closed right away. How can I fix that problem? "When you start Internet Explorer 8, it opens and then closes immediately" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967896 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Mr.Myo wrote: > I used Asus eee Pc netbook with window7 starter version and now ie 8 is > opened for a second and then closed right away. How can I fix that problem? ...

problem with ref
I am new to all this, so i will try and explian what I am trying to achieve with this workbook. i want to be able to open this workbook with three worksheets, and all worksheets will have the following headings in A1(Batch No), B1(Date Sent), C1(Amount) & D1 (Date Paid). In sheet 1 when you click the command button I would like to generate a numeric number which would appear in A2, then if I require a further number this time when I click the command button the next number would appear in A2. I have the following macro running which works fine for the first part of this problem. P...

Axis Formatting Problem
Hi Can anyone help with an issue I have with Excel and creating charts. Its only started happening since I installed 2007. I have a separate sheet for the data, in columns with months going left to right, one row is a target figure which never changes, and the row below is the actual figure which varies greatly (net profit for example). I'm trying to display it as a line graph but when I insert chart, the axis range is - 0 to 80,000 but my chart figures are as an example, target £39,000 actual £30,000 (this figure varies). In addition to this anomoly when you look at t...

if Function problem
I am trying to make sure that the row, that meets two criteria return true and then multiply by a percentage. =IF(AND(SEARCH("*Total",C5),F6<>" "),F6*0.03," ") this returns a VALUE error. what am i doing wrong, can i not use the search funtion within an IF AND stmt thanks Jerry What's in F6? You may want to use an empty cell and try: =isnumber(f6) And I'd stay away from putting a space character in the cell. It usually makes for trouble later on. I'd use: =IF(AND(SEARCH("*Total",C5),F6<>""),F6*0.03,"&qu...

Problem reading reminders at boot?
I am getting the following message when I boot Outlook: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks, Claire Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...

Publisher 2003 Problems
I have 2 concerns. The first is that Publisher 2003 seems very unstable compared to Publisher XP. It continues to give me blank screens whenever I add 3 dimensional text, but didn't do this in the XP version. I noticed that there is an Office 2000 sr-1??? update, but do I need that since I'm running Office 2003? Will it help w/the stability or did I screw up by upgrading? Last concern, Publisher XP would let me make images transparent and place them on top of other images, but it never printed that way. The "transparency" portion that was seen on the screen wou...