COUNTIF Function 04-19-10

I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value
as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?

It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate.
Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks
something like:
=COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value")

when it should be:
=COUNTIF(1:1,"My value")

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same
> value
> as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?

0
Luke
4/19/2010 6:21:07 PM
Hi,

why don't you try locking the range with $ signs.  Or perhaps you could send
a sample so I could take a look at what you want to do.

"csmith13" wrote:

> I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value
> as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?
how do i send you the file?

"Mitch" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why don't you try locking the range with $ signs.  Or perhaps you could send
> a sample so I could take a look at what you want to do.
>
> "csmith13" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> > correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value
> > as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?
Have you got calculation mode set to manual instead of automatic?
But otherwise, tell us the formula and we can see what's wrong.
--
David Biddulph

"csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same
> value
> as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?

0
David
4/19/2010 6:50:10 PM
just send it to my personal mail: mitch0620@hotmail.com or you could just
take a snapshot and paste it here.

"csmith13" wrote:

> how do i send you the file?
>
> "Mitch" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > why don't you try locking the range with $ signs.  Or perhaps you could send
> > a sample so I could take a look at what you want to do.
> >
> > "csmith13" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> > > correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value
> > > as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?
here is my formula.  It did not have the absolute value in it.
=COUNTIFS(C24:R24,">=1.0")

"Luke M" wrote:

> It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate.
> Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks
> something like:
> =COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value")
>
> when it should be:
> =COUNTIF(1:1,"My value")
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> > correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same
> > value
> > as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?
>

> .

THANK YOU!  I had no idea that muy calculation was onmanual.  I have never
had that problem before but it was the issue.

Thank you again!

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Have you got calculation mode set to manual instead of automatic?
> But otherwise, tell us the formula and we can see what's wrong.
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg
> > correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same
> > value
> > as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis function?
>

> .

Glad it did the trick.

One way that manual can be set is if the first workbook you open in an Excel
session is one which has been saved in manual.  Other workbooks opened in
the same session will then be treated as manual.
--
David Biddulph

> THANK YOU!  I had no idea that muy calculation was onmanual.  I have never
> had that problem before but it was the issue.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> Have you got calculation mode set to manual instead of automatic?
>> But otherwise, tell us the formula and we can see what's wrong.
>> --
>> David Biddulph
>>

>> "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not
>> > calculationg
>> > correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same
>> > value
>> > as the origin cell.  Is there some type of malfunction with tis
>> > function?
>>

>> .

0
David

Post Callout Problem 06-24-04
Hi, I followed the instructions given in the MSDN Technical Articles for implementing post call outs. Nothing is getting fired. Is there anyway to check what is happening? Regards, Venkat ...

Preventative Maintenance Program 04-06-10
I have been tasked with developing a prevenative maintenance program using access. So far I have gotten my tables set up and input all supporting information. I am running into a roadblock regarding how to proceed further. If anyone has any experience developing a Preventative Maintenance Program any suggestions would be helpful. I am attempting to keep the program as simple as possible. The PM's are set on frequencies of 1, 4, 8, 13, 26, 52, and 104 week cycles respectively, whereas 1 represents 1 week, 4 represents 4 weeks, etc. Their are 114 unique PM's, and 4 differen...

Can't receive mail 11-19-09
I am half way to having a working email. I can now send email from my live.ca addy...but i cannot receive. I've tried sending mail from another address to make sure it works, and i get a postmaster failure to send message? help pls? Post the entire 'postmaster failure to send' message. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Joie" <Joie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:13BC43D...

Bottom double border not functioning properly
I have Excel 2002. I have placed a "bottom double border" icon on my toolbar. When I click on that icon, I get a "bottom border" which is a single border. I am, however, able to format the cell with a bottom double border if I use the cell format border function. I have used the bottom double border icon successfully many times in the past on other computers and with other versions of Excel. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim Kirby It's a bug. The following thread has a suggested workaround: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com JI...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Newsgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ********************...

Request for GAL functionality in OWA
So, for any Microsoft developers reading this newsgroup. Can you arrange in the next Exchange version or in the next Exchange Service Pack the possibility to view the Global Address List in OWA completely or in parts (let's say 50 adresses per page in several pages...)? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I Netherlands When you go to the GAL in OWA, enter a space in the "Display Name" field and click "Find". When I do that, I get the whole list. Bob -- BS "Menko den Ouden" <menko@exor-it.nl.NO_SPAM> wrote in message n...

Pivot table #19
Hi, I have a pivot table in Excel 2007 that looks the following: Product name 2001 2002 2003 Grand Total AB 1 4 4 9 AC 6 7 3 16 Is there any way in Pivot table instead of reporting Grand Total, to have the average across the 3 years ? Something like: Product name 2001 2002 2003 Average AB 1 4 4 9 AC 6 7 3 16 Thank you Hugo Hi Select the cell you want to average on your pivot table, Right-Click and select "Field Settings"...

Importing text more than 65536 having delimiter functions
Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian this KB article describes a macro which splits the textfile into several worksheets http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 Though written for Excel 95, changes for Excel 97+ are noted HTH Frank Ian wrote: > Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple > worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian here's some code from Bernie Deitrick that I use sometimes (though I rather would split the CSV files in a text editor) ...

Re: Is there a NEXT function
Let me try to explain this one. For example, I have a workbook with 4 worksheets. The first three collect data and totals and entries made on them flow onto the 4th worksheet. The 4th worksheet represents a final result and is to meant be saved. At another time, entries on the first three worksheets will either be erased or changed and new data will be input and results collated to the 4th worksheet. The 4th worksheet may be made up of rows, each row signifying the results of the unique event compiled from the first three worksheets. I would like to save each row on the fourth sheet, wit...

Error Message #10
Under Active Directory Users and Computers on our Exchange 2003 Server on WIndows 2003 we attempt to add a Gloabal group. We 've done it both with a mailbox created and wihout. When we go to add a user we get the folowing error: Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension There is no such object on the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072030 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Google: 80072030 exchange extension -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@new...

apartamento casa =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vit=F3ria?= 06-12-04
Temos v�rios im�veis a venda em Vit�ria-es (Esp�rito Santo) Casas , apartamentos , im�veis na planta.... www.imoveisvitoria.com.br ...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

Need help abbreviating an IF(COUNTIFS formula
I have a formula that when I hit enter says: "The specified formula cannot be entered because it uses more levels of nesting than are allowed in the current file format." Here is my formula: =IF(COUNTIFS($DP2,"A VIP",$DQ2,"B Customer"),"B Customer",IF(COUNTIFS($DQ2,"",$DR2,"B Customer"),"B Customer",IF(COUNTIFS($DP2,"A VIP",$DQ2,""),"A VIP",IF(COUNTIFS($DQ2,"B Customer",$DR2,"C Prospect"),"B Customer",IF(COUNTIFS($DQ2,"",$DR2,"C Prospect"),"...

Average function assistance
I need help with developing an average function for a golf league. We use an avarage of the last 5 scores posted to develop the person's handicap. Each week a new score is added to the data and a new average calculated with the 5th oldest score being dropped and newest score being included in the average. The data is kept on the worksheet in rows. Because a golfer may miss a week, some rows may have blanks that should not be considered. For example a person's scores may look like this for the season: 45, 47, blank, 44, 48, 46, blank, 49 (the 45 is the earliest score and 49 is th...

Countif help needed
I am trying to use a countif statement for column A to count the number of times a District is "CAR" PLUS those CAR listings where column N (DAYS) is >499. I've tried =COUNTIF(A:A="CAR")+(N:N=">499") and =SUM((District="CAR")*(Days>499)) as an array, but neither works...help please!! Jess Jessica, Close: =SUMPRODUCT((District="CAR")*(Days>499)) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Jessica Krall" <Jessica Krall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C4594ED-8F33-4E1E-9FB8-80066C05...

list function
I have 10 student names put in from cell a1 to a10 in sheet1, and their age put in from b1 to b10. I created a list of student names by selecting cell a1 to a10. I go to sheet2, cell a1: I created a drop drop list of student name. I want cell b1 in sheet2 to auto pop up the age of whoever I choose from the drop down list in cell a1:sheet2. The age is according to the age entered in sheet1. What is the exact formulas for me to this in cell b1:sheet2 or is this possible at all? =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$10,2,0)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &q...

Excel 2003 functions
I would like $D27 in this function to increment the row by 1 as I copy to other columns to the right of it. How do I do that? =IF(AND(AND(YEAR($A7)=YEAR($B$1),MONTH($A7)=MONTH($B$1)),$B$7=$D$27),$C7,0) I would appreciate any help I can get on this one. Thanks. =IF(AND(AND(YEAR($A7)=YEAR($B$1),MONTH($A7)=MONTH($B$1)),$B$7=INDIRECT(CHAR( 64+COLUMN(D1))&"27")),$C7,0) -- HTH Bob Phillips "dacm19" <dacm19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1D9717-1373-4B29-9332-0E6A145850F5@microsoft.com... > I would like $D27 in this function to increme...

CRM and Exchange 12-17-04
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in CRM, but I'm learning about it. I've got a scenario in which I have to create an ActiveDirectory subdomain. In this subdomain I have to install MS CRM. Do you know if I have to install Exchange in the same subdomain? Alternatively can I manage this by using the mail router of CRM to connect to the Exchange in the main domain? Would this work without installing exchange in the subdomain? Thanks a lot. davide Your exchange installation does not need to be in the same domain as your CRM installation. You will have some challenges around the user accoun...

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

IWC Ingenieur Chronograph AMG Titanium Black Mens Watch 3725-04
IWC Ingenieur Chronograph AMG Titanium Black Mens Watch 3725-04 Discount Watches Site : http://www.hotwatch.org/ IWC Ingenieur Chronograph AMG Titanium Black Mens Watch 3725-04 Link : http://iwc.hotwatch.org/IWC-3725-04.html IWC Ingenieur Chronograph AMG Titanium Black Mens Watch 3725-04 Information : Brand : IWC Watches ( http://iwc.hotwatch.org/ ) Gender : Mens Code : IWC-3725-04 Item Variations : 3725-04, 3725/04, 372504, IWC-3725-04 Movement : Automatic Bezel : Fixed Case Material : Titanium Case Diameter : 42.5mm Dial Color :...

Please add attachment functionality to the campaign wizard
When creating a campaign with a quick campaign or a full campaign it would be really handy to be able to add an attachement to an email task, so that on the bulk send the recipiant would recieve a defined liturature sample, currently this is pretty hard to do -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Generic parameter in a function
what is the generic type on MSSQL? I want to create a function that takes anything, and returns anything. Kind like NULLIF(anything, anything), or ISNULL(anything,anything) I want to create IIF(expression,anything,anything) Returns anything I undertstand expression could be of BIT datatype but what is the True, False Value datatype and what do i say the function returns as datatype? thanks in advance There are no "generic" type which we can use in our function definitions, I'm afraid. Also there is no Boolean type in T-SQL. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server ...

User Defined Functions Behaving Weird
Hi there, I have been using the RiskSim user defined functions that utilizes the Excel Rand function and it was working perfectly fine. Recently I have noticed that it is starting to act in a very weird manner. Whenever you start using the formula, it gives a #value error and then when you copy and paste it again on the same cell or to other cells it works fine. Has anybody came across a similar behavior of user defined functions beofre - the issue seems very odd to me and I can not understand the rationale behind it. If somebody is really interested, I could send him the Add-in that...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

Quicken 04 to Money 05 conversion woes...
Ok, last year I thought I would finally be rid of Quicken and couldn't do the conversion then. Now I've got the Money 2005 trial, and I'm trying to convert my Quicken 2004 data... First I tried the normal conversion, with the usual "unable to convert your quicken file, try validating" message. Validating did nothing to help. Then I tried deleting a bunch of older accounts, investment accounts, and anything else that seemed iffy. Validated again, tried to convert, no luck. In fact, the file size didn't really even change much on the quicken file. So I decided i...