Count Unique text in 3 different columns

Hi,

I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
consideration three diffrent columns, example;
Column A	Column B	Column C
DC&D	aagis	Ternure
DC&D	aagis	Ternure
DC&D	adamk	New Hire
DC&D	adamk	New Hire
DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure

Hope someone could help me.

Many Thanks,

Hi,
what are the results you are looking for ?

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi,

I'm not sure if you want each column or a single count for the 3 columns.
Try these ARRAY formula

All Columns
=SUM(IF(LEN(A1:C23),1/COUNTIF(A1:C23,A1:C23)))

A single column. Drag right for cols B & C
=SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A23),1/COUNTIF(A1:A23,A1:A23)))

These are array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

--
Mike

question.

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi, Sorry, I am looking to have the Unique Number of Names (Column B) where
they are Ternured or New Hire (Column C) for each of the Categories (Column
A) as per example would be something like;
Ternured - DC&D - 3 Names
New Hire - DC&D - 2 Names
Ternured - AIO - 1 Name
New Hire - AIO - 1 Name

There is also a possibility that 1 Name appear in both Categories (Column A),

Hope I have been a bit more clear,
Many Thanks for the help

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> what are the results you are looking for ?
>
> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
Hi Mike,

Many Thanks for your reply and help, and the examples are great but I need
to go futher, I need to ascertain the number of Agents (Column B) for each of
the Categories in column A and C and were the same agent can be in both
category in Column A... in fact I need to get the Total Unique Names of New
Hire/Ternured for each of the Category DC&D/AIO.

Regs,

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if you want each column or a single count for the 3 columns.
> Try these ARRAY formula
>
> All Columns
> =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:C23),1/COUNTIF(A1:C23,A1:C23)))
>
> A single column. Drag right for cols B & C
> =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A23),1/COUNTIF(A1:A23,A1:A23)))
>
> These are array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
> 'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
> 'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
> 'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.
>

> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0),MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0))>0))

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Assuming your data in a1:c23

criteria
E1: DC&D    F1: Ternure
E2: DC&D    F2: New Hire
and so on...

G1:
=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(($A$1:$A$23=E1)*($C$1:$C$23=F1),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,)),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,))>0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter
copy down as far as needed

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi,

Again many Thanks, and yes the formula you gave me is great and very useful
for other applications I have, but for this particular exercise I need to
have the result as:

	DC&D	AIO
New Hire	2	1
Ternure	3	1

I need to ascertain the Number of New Hires and Ternured in each category.

Thanks,

"Teethless mama" wrote:

> =SUM(N(FREQUENCY(MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0),MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0))>0))
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
many Thanks for your GREAT Help, this is exactly what I was looking for, you
have saved a lot of working hours... :-))

"Teethless mama" wrote:

> Assuming your data in a1:c23
>
> criteria
> E1: DC&D    F1: Ternure
> E2: DC&D    F2: New Hire
> and so on...
>
> G1:
> =SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(($A$1:$A$23=E1)*($C$1:$C$23=F1),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,)),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,))>0))
>
> ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter
> copy down as far as needed
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
Excel 2007 PivotTable
One formula used:
=1/COUNTIF([Name],[Name])
http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/04_06_10.xlsx
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yim4emdgnum/04_06_10.pdf

0
Herbert

CRM 3.0 Implementation

update column

open two different Access reports

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

parameter for text

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...