Conditional Sum - Moving Average - 78647

Dear Expert,
I have a question about conditional sum to calculate moving average.

	21-Mar	22-Mar	23-Mar	24-Mar	25-Mar	26-Mar
Stock Name	1.7	1.6	1.75	1.63	1.77	1.42

How to average where 1 cell = x
Howdy, Hopefully someone can help me out with this problem. I have a list of data, and I need to find averages for each month. Is there any function I can use that would effectively calculate: where [column A] = x, then average column B values that correspond to x in column A? Thanks in advance, Ian Depending on how your worksheet is set up, you may wantto try Sorting by your Month Column and then using the Subtotals feature located in the Data menu. tj "Ian" wrote: > Howdy, > Hopefully someone can help me out with this problem. > > I have a list of data, an...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Failure to or Slow moving between Worksheet Files.
Hi, I sure could use a little bit of advice to solve a problem which has just popped-up in the last month or so. I have three XLS files which are all opened at the same time by a container XLS file. One of the files opens up as the active worksheet. The other two files are displayed at the bottom of the screen in the system tray. When attempting to switch between the different files by clicking on the desired XLS file in the system tray, either nothing happens or (with luck) the switch is made. It would appear that focus is given to the desired system tray button for a 1 second i...

Forms and Records
I have a form (personnel view) that is based on a query that pulls information from several tables together. I want to be able to update certain fields so I created a form that you can open (with a button) from the personnel view form. When I open the update form I want it to go to the record from the previous form. Try allowing the command button wizard to do that for you. One option in the wizard is find a record. "TexasBill" wrote: > I have a form (personnel view) that is based on a query that pulls > information from several tables together. > I want to ...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Re: Keeping a SUM filed clear Until All Numbers Entered
Thanks for the helpful replies. Carl -- If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran..... ...

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total
AYE! my head... i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula. can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done? thank you! frustrated student Widen the cell size Regards, Peo Sjoblom "fyremunki" wrote: > AYE! my head... > > i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency > amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after ...

Array Formula isn't summing but counting
I need to sum information based on several other criteria -- accoun number, sort codes, company names. The array formul {=SUM(A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0))} returns a count rather than a sum Does anyone know of a way get it to add my data rather than countin how many? Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to sum column E try the array formula =SUM((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0)*(E1:E25)) or a non array formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0),E1:E25) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to sum information ...

Conditional vlookup
I have a named Range "Price" Ihave the folowing formula that works fine =IF(B3>0,VLOOKUP(B3,Price,3,FALSE),"") Except in column A I have a Manufactures name. Column B contains the part number. I want to only use vlookup on range "price" for matches to column a What is the best way to handle this? Thanks Saved from a previous post: If you want exact matches for just two columns (and return a value from a third), you could use: =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100, match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100) *(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100),0)) (all in one ...

Conditional Formatting in Forms
I'm trying to get a form to display a "Yes" or "No" depending on a review of two dates. Tried a number of times. In English, want it to do the following - if the Date returned to marketing is less than or equal to the due date, write "Yes" and if not write "No" - otherwise leave blank. ans = iif(dateReturned <= dueDate,"Yes", "No") >write "Yes" and if not write "No" - otherwise leave blank. What instances you want to leave it blank, since date returned equal or less than due date is a &qu...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

VBA moving and adding data
I have this appliaction that spits out a format that is not usable for me, but with some minor changes it would be good to go. I just don't know how the code would work. here is what part of my file looks like: ColumnA Coulmn B Column C Column D FAULT F02 8 PILLAR 3018169.273 492458.0997 -9771.365343 3017502.798 493106.6833 -8696.365343 3016836.323 493755.2668 -7621.365343 3016169.848 494403.8503 -6546.365343 3015503.373 495052.4339 -5471.365343 Here is what I would like it to look like: ColumnA ...

move from 2000 cluster to 2003 stand alone
I have an exchange 2000 cluster running and need to move from that to a 2003 stand alone server. I need to get explicit details on should I use 2003 advanced or just standard? Mirror 2 drives and raid 5 the rest? Installation of exchange, how to's for the adding of the new server and the exchange install itself? Moving mailboxes should be straightforward. Do I need internal mx records or just to update external records? How will the email hit the new server? I then need to know how to remove the old cluster after this is all done. The domain is windows 2003 and then just some membe...

Conditional Format, Color Scale adjacent cells
I have a list of companies from which I receive periodic reports. Each company has a weight of importance In my list I record the incoming reports saying either "Missing" or "OK" I want to highlight all "Missing" with a colour scale that reflects the company's weight. For that I would create a hidden helper column (let's call it Code) with a formula like Code = Weight * if(Received = "Missing", 1, 0) I tried Conditional formatting / Color Scale but found that it applies only to the values of the cells containing the different value...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

Formula for vlookup and then sum
Hello. I need a formula to do a vlookup for whenever a certain cost code/cost type appears in column A, then go to column F and sum the dollar amounts. Help please :) Hi, You can only use full columns in E2007 for E2003 and earlier define a shorter range =SUMPRODUCT((A:A="Your cost code")*(F:F)) Mike "Alberta Rose" wrote: > Hello. I need a formula to do a vlookup for whenever a certain cost > code/cost type appears in column A, then go to column F and sum the dollar > amounts. Help please :) 2003 use array formula { =SUM((A1:A10...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

Sum From Beginning of Column #2
How do I create a formula that adds from the top of a column? Here's the situation. I have a column of numbers (with a header of "Pay"). To the right of that colum I want to keep a running total ("Yearly Total"). Every time I get paid, I'm going to enter the amount in the pay column and then I want the Yearly Total column to automatically add it. When I create a fomula (say =SUM(B2:B21)), and propigate it down, it doesn't start at the top. In others words the next formula is =SUM(B3:B22). I want it to be =SUM(B2:B22). And, if a value is not filled in on t...

Average Question Again
I am trying to average a column of numbers on Control Group 1 say I1 t I300. Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my averaging. Fo what ever reason I keep getting error messages. I am not sure why i won't calculate. Formating is set to number. I have tried severa suggestions from a previous post. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please Help ASAP!!!! Thank You In Advance Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http:/...

how do I create "blink" conditional formatting?
how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? Hi You can't, you need VBA for that. See this link: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx HTH John "OM PRAKASH" <OM PRAKASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83FD6E8-F264-41F8-B179-E5DBF6865872@microsoft.com... > how do I create "blink" conditional formatting? ...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

Sum by month and year
I am trying to get daily totals sumed and put into a monthly worksheet. I have been using SUMIF comparing the month and year of each payment. Here is the formula. =SUMIF(MONTH(Payments!b7:b3000)&YEAR(Payments!b7:b3000), MONTH(B39)&YEAR(B39),Payments!F7:F3000) Excel is saying there is an error but when I look art the edit formula area is seems to calculating correctly. Can you help me? Steve You can use sumproduct without the CSE =sumproduct((month(dr)=month(b39))*year(dr)=year(b39))*sumrng) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Steven Robilard" <stev...

Offset, sum down to the first blank row
can anyone write the formula to sum down to the first blank row it encounters? In the sample data below I want the xx to sum only to 60 Assume the word sum is in cell A1 and the xx is in cell B1. sum xx Blue 10 Black 20 Red 30 Red 20 black 40 thanks much. p.s. would this formula be considered "volatile" and therefore "risky"....if so, what's the risk. thx. "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA4F8A3-A823-4522-A946-F55AB55E0B29@microsoft.com... > can anyone write the formula to ...

Conditional Recordcount
Experts, I'm trying to get a record count based on the value in the combox. For example if 2 records are marked "completed" out of 5, I want 2 as my record count. Please help! thanks I don't understand. The RecordCount is a PROPERTY of a recordset, and is only available to you when you create and open a recordset. You cannot "set" its value to something. "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, > > I'm trying to get a record count based on the value in the combox. > For example if 2 records are marked "completed" out of 5, I want 2 a...

Moving from Windows
I'm about to buy my first Mac--dual core, either portable or desktop. As a longtime Windows user I'm just wondering about the many Office files I have on my current system. Will they, basically, be "readable" on the Mac version of Office if I buy whatever the current version is? Having heard that a lot of Mac programs can read Windows files, I'm thinking of buying a large external hard drive and copying all of my files over to it for later use on the Mac if this is possible. Is it? Thanks, Tim Yes it is. Get Office 2004 for Mac, it should be able to handle ...