Conditional formatting with expired dates after current

I am trying to get a cell to turn Red if the date that is in the cell is less
than or equal to the current date.  The formula I have in it already is:
=EDATE(D2, 12)
This takes the date that I plug into the column before it and just adds 12
months to it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

V/R

TODAY() is what you need to compare with,
viz. use as the CF formula for that cell: =EDATE(D2, 12)<=TODAY()
Format to taste, ok out. Success? hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Josh" wrote:
> I am trying to get a cell to turn Red if the date that is in the cell is less
> than or equal to the current date.  The formula I have in it already is:
> =EDATE(D2, 12)
> This takes the date that I plug into the column before it and just adds 12
> months to it. Thanks for any help you can offer

Enable Conditional Formatting Access 2007
I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting property? Here's a non-VBA solution (to get a feel for it): http://datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/accesscondformatting1.html Here's a VBA solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139965%28office.10%29.aspx It's NOT hard at all. Just follow the steps. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC" wrote: > I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting > property? ...

MLA format for papers

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

format cell type
Hi everyone, in a spreadsheet, I have a complex data type that I want to sort correctly. The format contains a prefix that contains both letters(A) and numbers(0) followed by a suffix after a hyphen and another number. Example: 000A0000-1 and 000A0000-10 The thing Excel is messing up in, is if the complete prefix (000A0000) is the same, but a different number after the hyphen, it sorts it 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 2, 20, 21, 22, ... 3, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a custom format type that will allow a suffix stored as text and the suffix after the hyphen stored as a n...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

Finding Certain Dates
I get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday. If that happens I get paid on the business day prior to the 1st or 15th. I have a flash that pops up on paydays by nesting the IF function: (=(IF(AND(B200=2,C200=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B201=3, C201=1),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B202=3,C202=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B203=3,C202=30),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y", IF(AND(B204=4,C204=13),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B205=5,C205=1) ,...

Month to Date information
I am using a table that has the Date as the Primary key. I have built a userform that shows the various related Revenues that occured on that date, but I would like to show Month-to-Date information on that as well, i.e., if the current date being viewed is 20 July 2007, I would like the month-to-date add up all of the revenues from 01 July through 20 July. If I'm viewing 31 Aug 2007, I would like the revenues to add up 01-31 August. I am very new to Access,(so new, in fact, I have the "Dummy Book"), so dumb it down if you can. Thanks so much! This will give you all b...

Conditional formatting
Hi Excel Experts I am creating several workbooks, one will be mine, and the others linked to mine and sent to people for them to revise and return to me to enable mine to automatically update, (the linked cells will contain blanks or numbers). Please could you tell me if there is a formula I could use in conditional formatting to enable me to identify in my workbook which linked cells will have changed, i.e. when a number is revised or added to blank cell the font colour changes , or if the number is deleted the blank cell changes colour? I hope I have explained myself correctly Man...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

ListBox column has lost formatting.
Suddenly the currency columns in my list boxes have lost the currency formatting. The underlying queries are OK in this respect. Please help. Hi Frank, Post your SQL string for the listbox. Most likely the field "Format ("somefield", "$#.##") As SomeName" is missing. Frank Martin wrote: >Suddenly the currency columns in my list >boxes have lost the currency formatting. >The underlying queries are OK in this >respect. >Please help. -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you: here...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

Enlarged Input Box and today's date input
I have a sheet that I want a salesperson to record daily notes with a client. When they click on the cell I want a flyout type box (or enlarged box) that can scroll up and down to see past notes. I would like the lines to be entered bottom up so the last entry will be the one that shows in the cell when the cell is not selected. I would like the input line to automatically have today's date in the beginning and the cursor be next to that so an entry can be typed in. I hope this isn't too big a request! Thanks! Steve You may want to look at Data|Form to see if that does what...

formulae for dates
below formulae =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND("",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) gives an output is mm/dd/yy on entering 0 years x months but if I enter 0 years 10 months or 11 months it gives me wrong date e.g if entered 0 years 10 months it gives 31 april 2006 plz advise thanks Hi Gerald You are missing the space between the quotes in your formula Try =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND(" ",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) -- Regards Roger Govier "Gerald" <Gerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4029E-2BAA...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...

Comments-Format all Comments-Prior to making
I know the answer will be NO. But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a selected font size? And, stay that way for all future comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Harry's GMail World" <harryhill2475@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187142498.839269.153490@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I know the answer will be NO. > > But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a > selected font size? > > And, stay that way for all future comments. > I'm glad...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...

SMTPVS current session
I have been searching for an answer to this for awhile but am unable to get a clear answer so far. Maybe someone here can shed some light on the subject. The SMTPVS under the directory current session, I have a view incoming server queues on that list. Mostly coming from sdm1.quickbok.net, and sdm2.quickbook.net, and so on… Now why are these domain server name stuck in the SMTPVS current session and is there something I can do at my end to allow them to send emails through? Thank you for any insight, "Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been se...

Excel VBA problem
I have 2 Excel tables, part of the first table looks as follows. I kee track of parts in production by entering completion dates for eac process they go through. S/N Kitting SMT 1st Assembly Inspection 10001 30-Jun 2-Jul 8-Jul 10002 24-Jun 27-Jun 10003 Note: This table needs to be flexible in terms of the number of S/N' as well the number of processes entered. For example, there could b 15 processes parts need to go through. In addition, there could be 1 identical parts in production. I need help writing a macro which will go through each line and take the latest comple...

Keep Font format when importing excel into Access
We have an excel spreadsheet that is updated by changing select text to red and highlighting in a text cell. So there are only certain strings where the format is changed and the rest stays as the default format. This select formatting does not carry over when it is imported into an Access database. Is there a way to keep the text format during this process? When working with Access, you would want to recreate the formatting criteria in the reports or forms. The tables in Access only show raw data and do not do any calculations or anything. If you wondering how to recreate th...

chart formatting #2
since excel already has conditional formatting for cells, it should also have conditional formatting for charts. like turning a portion of a line red if it falls, then the next blue if it rises. just a suggestion. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0975DF9-CBA2-41A2-BB20-0BA647A40846@microsoft.com... > since excel already has conditional formatting for cells...