Combo Box text and Controls changing size on Monitor change

Hi

I have two combo boxes and a control button on a spreadhseet that work
fine on my montior.  When I remove my laptop and use my laptop screen
so control button seems to grow, and when I select from the combo box
the text in the combo box shrinks each time I select an option, until
it becomes unreadable.   Does anyone know why this is or how I can
prevent it happening please?

Cheers

Rich
0
Richhall

Can I have a CRichEdit not select all text upon WM_SETFOCUS ?
Hy I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text when I press Tab (because there is no other control in the dialog but a menu and the CRichEdit) and when some other pop-up window is opend by the parent dialog. Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania "Timothy Madden" <batman@rmv.spam.home.ro> wrote in message news:3118d8F36ak0sU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hy > > I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. > I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text w...

problem with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add for text file
I am using ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add in Excel 2003 to import space-delimited text into a worksheet. The import works, but when I re-execute the macro with ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add to import new data into the same sheet, all references to that sheet get shifted (i.e., what was a reference to cell B1 of the sheet with the imported data becomes a reference to cell C1. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks ...

Why are size limits not imposed universally?
I am running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. In Exchange manager: Servers > [servername] > protocols > SMTP > Default SMTP Virtual Server > Properties > Messages I have no restriction on Message size Global Settings > Message Delivery > Properties > Defaults Receiving Message size was set to 10240. (I wasn't even aware of this setting until this problem) All user's Delivery restrictions are set to use the default. However most messages over 10 MB get through. Just this morning one person received a 25 Mb file. we use GFI Mail Security which is set...

Messages list missing in MFC ClassWizard dialogue box
I need to work on a old VC++ (rev 3?) project completed years ago. The project opens fine under VC++ 6, and it compiles/works fine, too Now, I open View->Classwizard..., and the Messagemaps tab. Select CMyNameApp for Class name, and CMyNameApp for Object ID, I can't see anything under the Messages list (where I see AddToRecentFilelist, DoMessgeBox, ...., in all my new VC++ projects) Anyway to bring them in? THanks! "Chen" <Chen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FC4382-0964-4644-B4E8-98A9B2F1F99D@microsoft.com... >I need to work on a old VC++ ...

Change Contract Status
Hello, My CRM implementation does not change automatically the Contract Status from Active to Expired or from Invoiced to Active when the Contract End Date or, respectively, the Contract Start Date comes. This was happening also in the 1.2 version and now the same happens in 3.0 version. Any ideas? Thank you, Elena ...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

calculate null text field
Dear Helpers, I would like to creat a calculated field in a query that merch 3 text fields together, like, Index: [field A]&[field B]&[field C]. I don't want to replace the null field with anything so that if [field A] and [field B] are null and only [field C] contains data, the calculated [Index] field will look exactly like [field C]. Is it possible? I hope it is possible coz the Index field is a major field in my database. Thanks a lot to my helpers!! What happens if you type: [field A] & [field B] & [field C] into the Field row in query design, and choose A...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

how to control the size of a comment
hi, i wonder how to control the size of a comment i added in a cell with vba. i failed all, thanks For an individual comment, this is one possibility: With ActiveCell.Comment .Shape.Width = 200 .Shape.Height = 100 End With For all comments on a sheet: Dim c As Comment For Each c In ActiveSheet.Comments c.Shape.Width = 200 c.Shape.Height = 100 Next William ...

Pivot Charts Display Filter Box
I would like to have the filter box displayed on my pivot chart. My 2003 pivot charts no longer display the drop down box, how do I get it back? ...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Delphi and Drawing control
Hi, I'm using Delphi 7 and the Visio Drawing Control. I get the Menus but I don't get the Toolbars showing. Any ideas? Course I've set both Negotiates to true. Thanks, Heinz ...

how can you change a "bitmap" to a jpeg??
After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to JPEGS? "TRM" <TRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C091D7-377B-4F2F-A7BF-84794BC84F38@microsoft.com... > After taking digital pictures in BITMAP, how can I change them to > JPEGS? Get XnView or IrfanView. Both are free. Then use Save As and select the format. -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post replies to newsgroup - Share with others ******** Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to Subject. _________________...

How to control another program to run cryptically?
Hi all, i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has SplashWindow, which i can't control it. How to implement that? thanks > i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has > SplashWindow, which i can't control it. > How to implement that? > What do you mean by "control it"? What do you want to do with this window? --- Ajay What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:49:45 +0800, "Sean" <xfbakup@21cn.com> wrote: >Hi all, >i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has &...

sbs 2008 under Updates, "change the software update settings" crashes console
Running SBS 2008 SP2, fresh install with just a couple users, I noticed that under Security, Updates, in the Tasks window there is a "Change the software update settings". When I click this link, the "Software Update Settings" window appears for a split second then the SBS Console crashes saying "Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working" with these details: Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: console.exe Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497 Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b...

Drop down box with country list
I have an excel application where I need a drop down box with all the country' names listed, ready to use (like the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control). Is there a way to get it and how? John -- john liem Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data Validation (Data>Validation) and select the List option with a formula of say =M1:M100 or however many countries -- HTH Bob Phillips "john liem" <john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:john.liem.1p8hhm@news.officefrustration.com... > > I have an excel applic...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

Changing Quickbooks to Excel
Hey, I'm trying to get my QuickBooks Check Registry into a linear format, then put it on a disk, go to another computer and open it in Excel. Can anyone give me a link or a quick walkthrough on what I need to do, any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- mattsides ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mattsides's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385419 "mattsides" <mattsides.1rtnv9_1120777541.6085@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Retrieving JUST text from a node with child nodes

rights for dropdown control ....
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Your not going to be able to do this Richard without a major rewrite of the code. "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68b0f2fd.0402110148.7039756b@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have cre...

Text size too small
How can I increase text size _here_? I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but I need it (to compose) at least two or three times this size. I wish to send in normal size, of course. I have the same problem when I read... (Before a recent reinstall I could use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to enlarge, but this doesn't work now :-((( ) "RT" <zulu.romeotangohotel@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uYy09XpJLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I increase text size _here_? > I have *View* > *Text Size* set to *Largest" but...

special size label
hi- i have an package of avery 3261R labels i want to use- this label is not listed and there are none in the list that match the size. how can i program to use these labels? thanks! You just set up a custom size and then change the number down and across to fit your page. You may find it helpful to look under menu HELP for assistance for your version of Publisher. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. i don't see a place for custom size?? Select the closest size label to what you ...

Displaced text MS Publisher2002
When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the back appears to have no effect. Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't however work with text over text. I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in earlier versions of MS Publisher Where am I going wrong? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>... > When overlapping one text box with another -in 2003- > the text in one of them is disp...

How do I copy and paste an Illustratorsketch with text into Excel
Any input from you would be great ...

change one attribute for all items
Hi, Does anyone know of a quick way to change one attribute for all items in the database, for example, changing barcode font, or adding sales tax to all items?.... 1) Backup your database 2) Pick an Item and write down it's lookupcode ( I'll use '12345' in the following samples) 3) go to Item Properties for your selected Item ('12345') 4) Set the Barcode Format and Item Tax that you want to apply 5) Close Manager 6) Open SO Administrator, use File/Connect to connect to your database 7) Open a new query window and enter the following: UPDATE Item set BarcodeF...