combine/merge 2 worksheet (tabs) into 1 work sheet

Hi, after reading countless forum discussions, i am still very confused for
something that should be fairly simple!

i have a workbook file with several work sheets (tab) that have data
comparing two year revenue income.  And now we need to compare them side by
side vertically.  I tried consolidation but it doesn't work.  VB is too hard.
I can't imagine doing cut and paste for 40 tabs.

worksheet (tab1) shows year, number and ratio
2010	 $8,782 	   811%
2009	 $964

worksheet (tab2) shows
2010       $3,425 	-33%
2008       $5,112

what i would like to see is
2010	 $8,782 	   811%
2009	 $964
2010       $3,425 	-33%
2008       $5,112

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Check out the topic 'Copy from row 2 till the last row with data' at the
below link by Ron de Bruin

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Jacob

"liberty_adm2" wrote:

> Hi, after reading countless forum discussions, i am still very confused for
> something that should be fairly simple!
>
> i have a workbook file with several work sheets (tab) that have data
> comparing two year revenue income.  And now we need to compare them side by
> side vertically.  I tried consolidation but it doesn't work.  VB is too hard.
> I can't imagine doing cut and paste for 40 tabs.
>
> worksheet (tab1) shows year, number and ratio
> 2010	 $8,782 	   811%
> 2009	 $964
>
> worksheet (tab2) shows
> 2010       $3,425 	-33%
> 2008       $5,112
>
> what i would like to see is
> 2010	 $8,782 	   811%
> 2009	 $964
> 2010       $3,425 	-33%
> 2008       $5,112
>
> Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

DST Update Didn't Work
Hello, Hoping someone can assist with this problem. Last week we ran the update for DST for Windows on all our XP workstations and on the servers, including Exchange. Then ran the update in particular to Exchange, I believe 926666. Then ran the Outlook calendar update tool. All the calendars updated succssfully and the log files were generated for each mailbox that updated. This morning, the clocks on XP workstations and clocks on the 2003 server are correct with the new time, however, all calendar appointments are 1 hour behind where they should be. Can anyone tell me if I did some...

Install #2
I just installed GP10 on a users Windows 7 machine. I went through the process, then changed the dynamics.set file to report to the reports.dic file on the server as we are connecting to a remote server. When I open GP it says I must use utilities first. Fine, GP re-opens in utilities. Then it gives me the option to "Update modified forms and reports? which I do, it points to the local reports.dic, which is odd, but ok. when I click process it errors out saying "reports.dic: unable to open. Any ideas??? Thanks, Matt ...

Why can't I add rows or columns on my worksheet?
I am on line 28 of my worksheet and , all of a sudden, I keep getting a message saying :...excel cannot shift nonblank cells off worksheet...I am new to PC use, so please don't answer in computerese. Thanks The root problem is that Excel believes that there is data in row 65536 and/or column IV, so that inserting rows or columns would move data off the grid. To stop this issue, highlight A1 and press Ctrl+End. Note where your cursor ends up (we are presuming Z65000 for this demo, so adjust to where you end up). now you look to see where your 'actual' data finishes. (again, we...

send/receive settings #2
My co-worker and I are both having a problem with setting the leave a copy on the server. We click the box for saving and choose the amount of days to leave on the server. Then when we close outlook and reopen it is gone. The box is no longer checked to save email on the server. What's happening?? Is there a fix for this problem? ...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

Changing case #2
Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data from lower case to upper case? If you want to change the case of cell A1 to uppercase, use the following equation: =upper(A1) "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:exy7jcPcFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change the case of a block of cells containing data > from lower case to upper case? > > A1: abc B1: =UPPER(A1) ---> ABC C1: =PROPER(A1) ---> Abc HTH Ola -- olasa -------------------------------------------------------------...

Save copy of active sheet
I use the code below to save a copy of my Workbook in a specific file path (testing to see if the folders already exist along the way) with a specific, data dependent file name. It works, but I'd like to tweak it a bit and I'm not sure how to write the code. I'd like to save only the active sheet instead of the whole workbook. I'd also like to save only the values and formats to the new file, not the formula and macros. Anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this? Here's my current code: Sub SaveName() If Not Len(Dir("g:\users\one\" & Range("h6&...

"Customize Outlook Today" button does not work.
My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help? Thanks, -Ricardo See the foolowing KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ricardo" <Ricardo993@comcast.net> wrote in message news:108ff01c4400a$54553f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do > anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help?...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Locking a sheet??
Is there anyway to lock a sheet so it cannot be selected at all? I will/can even accept hiding the sheet, but would prefer to have it just locked so it cannot be selected. As always, thanks in advance. mcr1 -- mcr1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499448 Just go up to tools->protection->protect sheet. Then protect it with whatever password. Then after that you can go up to Format-&g...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Dynamic range #2
In C2:C65 I have dates as follows (DK standard): 01-01-01 01-02-01 01-03-01 etc. indicating January 2001, February 2001, March 2001 and so on up to 01-04-06 (indicating April 2006) in cell C65. In about a fortnight new data will appear i C66: (01-05-06) and later on C67: (01-06-06) etc. I know how to create a dynamic range if I always had to start from the top, but here I want to be able to enter for example 01-01-05 in cell H1 and the dynamic range should now be, not from the top, but from the cell C51 (which holds 01-01-05) and as far down as I (just now) have data. Hans Knudsen I fou...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

Code working in 2K3, but not 2K7
I have a form with one unbound combo box. The On Open Event is set as follows: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.Text0.SetFocus Me.Text0.Dropdown End Sub Works eveytime in Access 2K3 , but in 2K7 the form opens and the cursor is blinking in the combo box. Any idea on why the combo box will not drop down and display records? I have tried changing Overlapping Windows and Tabbed Documents settings, but no difference. If I remove the code entirely, the form opens and the combo box has the focus because it is the only object available. Any help appreciated. Try mov...

Microsoft Excel #2
Why can't I close my Excel application by clicking the x button in the upper right hand corner of the application. This is Excel 2002. Is there a way to do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Seum Is the "x" button grayed out and unavailable? Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-i...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Drawing Graphs #2
Hello, I need to write an application that displays multiple graphs on multiple tabbed sheets in a single window. The graphs are all simple X-Y line graphs like you'd see on an oscilloscope, but with labeled coordinates. I need everything (including the fonts if possible) to scale as I resize the window. I'm debating about using MFC or C#. Is there some standard class or set of functions that supports such graphs or do I need to write my own from the ground up (or buy a 3rd party package)? We've already done this in Java but I'd like to get rid of the Java and r...

DATA DUMP WARNING #2
Maybe the ultimate lesson in this is backup backup backup. Do backups early and often. and use a large cycle - don't write a backup onto the immediately previous media! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11095315...

Catalog Merge #11
I am trying to do a catalog merge in Publisher. 2003 I am using an excel 2003 spreadsheet as the source. I have 3 fields. Name, Description, and picture. The picture field is a hyper link to the sample pictures file. I have tried it as a hyper link and by inserting the actual picture. No matter what I do, when I perform the catalog merge I can't get the pictures to show up as part of the catalog. I insert the field as a picture and the other two as text. I believe this to be the correct procedure. Am I missing a step? I appreciate any help Thanks Tom The way I do it is create a f...

Combine Text from Multiple Cells
How do I combine text from mutliple cells into one cell? Hi Carter one option - well two really: if the information is in cells A1, B1 & C1 and you want it combined into D1 then in D1 type =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1 this will give you the contents of each with a space between OR =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) which will give you exactly the same thing Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Carter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fc401c48ac0$9cc86830$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I combine tex...

Tab orders
Hi, Is there any way to set the Tab order in a worksheet? I've got spreadsheet where there's quite a few cells for the users to enter inf into and others where I definately don't want them to enter or chang any of the huge nested IF statements I've created. Therefore: 1. Can I set the tab order so when the user opens up the spreadshee (as a template) the cursor will be in the first cell, then they hit ta and it moves to the next cell and so on, also I'd like to move from th last cell within one sheet to the next cell in the next sheet. 2. Is there anyway to make sure t...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Why this code does not work?
Why this code does not work? [Report] is a checkbox located in a Subform named:lbl_ScrapDB_subform and [shift_combo] is a combobox located in Form named:WScrapForm could you please help =============================================== Private Sub Report_Click() If IsNull(Form!WScrapForm![shift_combo]) Then MsgBox "You must Select the Shift where you work before report !", vbCritical, "Warning, Shift not selected" Report.Value = False Else Report.Value = Value End If End sub ================================================== -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician What...