Cell will not format

Right click on cells that were copied over from another excel sheet and can
not format the cell - right click - format does not work

Check whether the Worksheet is protected.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"jeanngoodyear" wrote:

> Right click on cells that were copied over from another excel sheet and can
> not format the cell - right click - format does not work
Right-click>format cells does not show up or you cannot re-format the data?

What type of data are in the cells?

Maybe dates that are text?

Numbers that are text?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:43:02 -0800, jeanngoodyear
<jeanngoodyear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Right click on cells that were copied over from another excel sheet and can
>not format the cell - right click - format does not work

0
Gord

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Date format 04-11-06

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

how do i identically size cells to organize contents alphabeticall
how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically The size of the cell has nothing to do with sorting them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "entertainer" <entertainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62754406-410E-4328-8A6A-679D001D7F70@microsoft.com... > how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically As JoAnne points out, cell size has nothing to do with sorting. What is the current sate of your data and what would you like to see happen to i...

Data Validation circle cell position
Hi everyone. I want to create an alert that flashes a msgbox when a sheet is activated and contains data that is flagged as invalid by using the validation circles. In a large sheet, it is tricky to find all the cells that may contain invalid data which is why I want to be able to create a msgbox that lists the addresses or something like that. By looping through the shapes in the sheet, I can determine that these errors exist but I can't find out where they are as the data validation oval does not appear to have a .topleftcell location. I can find out where it is in ...

Named range using conditional formatting
Hi, I have a named cell called Econvert which contains the conversion rate from Dollars to Euros. I am creating a template for others to use and I need to add a conditional format for when users forget to divide their inputs by the Econvert. For example, if they enter a salary number as $40,000 I want them to divide this number by Econvert so that the end result is =$40,000/Econvert. I would like the cell to become red if they forget to divide by Econvert which is why I think that conditional formatting would help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You could create a UDF and use that in the ...

check List Cell
check List Cell I woul like a cell with the symbol of check for create a checking list in excel. how can i do and format a cell ? I would like to get a template with this options and add my list. I only need to select o deselect the items. Thanksxxx -- Esgrimidor hi if i understand correctly, format the cell to font marlett the type the lower case a. a check mark will appear. Regards FSt1 "Esgrimidor" wrote: > > check List Cell > > I woul like a cell with the symbol of check for create a checking list > in excel. > > how can i do and format a...