Can conditional formatting be used where .....

Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers.
Let me explain by example.

A1 =  flex 358
A2 =  B, 358
A3 =  R-U, 354

When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell.
Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted.
A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula.

You could, for example, use CF/ Formula is:
=RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2))<>RIGHT(A$1,LEN(A$1)-FIND(" ",A$1))
--
David Biddulph

"Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers.
> Let me explain by example.
>
> A1 =  flex 358
> A2 =  B, 358
> A3 =  R-U, 354
>
> When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell.
> Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted.
> A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula.

0
David
12/11/2009 11:04:13 AM
1. Select the cell/Range (A2:A3). Please note that the cell reference A2
mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell
will have a white background even after selection
2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH(MID(A2,FIND(" ",A2)+1,99),$A$1))=FALSE

OR try the below formula if the above does not work

=ISNUMBER(SEARCH(MID(A2,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A2,
ROW($1:$255),1))),0),SUM(--(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A2,
ROW($1:$255),1)))))),$A$1))=FALSE

4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob

"Gotroots" wrote:

> Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers.
> Let me explain by example.
>
> A1 =  flex 358
> A2 =  B, 358
> A3 =  R-U, 354
>
> When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell.
> Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted.
> A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula.

Place the Cursor in A1 cell and hit Cntrl+Spacebar now the Total A Column
will be selected and you can notice that the A1 cell will have the White
Background
after selection also.

Now goto Format>>Conditional Formatting>>Formula Is>> Paste the below
formula whichever is required

If you want to set A1 as Stable cell and want to color the cells which is
LESS THAN A1 cell then use the below formula.

=VALUE(TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT("
",255),LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
",))),255)))<VALUE(TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE($A$1," ",REPT("
",255),LEN($A$1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE($A$1," ",))),255)))

If you want to set A1 as Stable cell and want to color the cells which is
NOT EQUAL to A1 cell value then use the below formula.

=VALUE(TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT("
",255),LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
",))),255)))<>VALUE(TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE($A$1," ",REPT("
",255),LEN($A$1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE($A$1," ",))),255)))

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Gotroots" wrote:

> Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers.
> Let me explain by example.
>
> A1 =  flex 358
> A2 =  B, 358
> A3 =  R-U, 354
>
> When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell.
> Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted.
> A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula.

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

outlook can't receive exe files

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Cell Format #4

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

conditional formatting in excel #3

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...