Calculate from another sheet - special

If i in a sheet have
a1=1 , b1 =2 , c1 = 3 , d1 = 4, e1 = 5 and so on
and in
a2 = 100, B2 = 100,  c2 = 100 , e2 =100 ans o on

Then in another sheet
i write maybe 4
then i want a cell there have a sum from 1 to 4
In this case from a2 to e2
if I write maybe 2
The a sum from a2 to b2

Can i do this?

If 4 is A2 to E2, and 2 is A2 to B2, presumably 3 is A2 to about half way
between C2 and D2?

It sounds as if you want the OFFSET function;  details in Excel help.
--
David Biddulph

"alvin Kuiper" <alvinKuiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i in a sheet have
> a1=1 , b1 =2 , c1 = 3 , d1 = 4, e1 = 5 and so on
> and in
> a2 = 100, B2 = 100,  c2 = 100 , e2 =100 ans o on
>
> Then in another sheet
> i write maybe 4
> then i want a cell there have a sum from 1 to 4
> In this case from a2 to e2
> if I write maybe 2
> The a sum from a2 to b2
>
> Can i do this?

0
David
11/30/2009 1:23:33 PM
=SUM(Sheet1!A2:INDEX(Sheet1!2:2,4))

change the last value '4' for your desire

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

> If i in a sheet have
> a1=1 , b1 =2 , c1 = 3 , d1 = 4, e1 = 5 and so on
> and in
> a2 = 100, B2 = 100,  c2 = 100 , e2 =100 ans o on
>
> Then in another sheet
> i write maybe 4
> then i want a cell there have a sum from 1 to 4
> In this case from a2 to e2
> if I write maybe 2
> The a sum from a2 to b2
>
> Can i do this?

formula to calculate month-month
kindly advise a formula as per the below: eg:- ISSUE DT EXPIRY DATE 30/12/2009 12/10/2010 I WANT TO EXTEND THE ABOVE DATE I.E., BY SAY 3 MONTHS SO THAT THE NEW DATE BECOMES AS 12/01/2011. If your expiry date is in B2, then try this: =3DDATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+3,DAY(B2)) You should be aware of some consequences of just adding 3 months to a date. If you have 30th Nov and add 3 months to it, then 30th Feb does not exist, so the result will show as 2nd March. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 16, 9:55=A0am, User <U...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Performing two Advanced Filters in the same sheet
Dear experts, I have a range that I am using the Advanced Filter to hide amounts less than 0. On the same worksheet, further down, I have a different range that I want to use the Advanced Filter to hide amounts less than 5. Each of these ranges feeds a different chart. When I use the Advanced Filter on the second range, the first range shows all the data. Is there a way around this? Can I use Advanced Filter for each different range on the same worksheet and if so, how? Thanks in advance, Neal You can copy the filtered data to another location in one fell swoop, assume the tabl...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Calculate/Update Formulas
Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuate and nothing happens. However, if I go to a particular cell with a formula, hit F2 to edit and simply press the enter key, the formula updates. What gives? Is this some type of virus? Thanks for any feedback. Hi could you post this specific formula? Also does hitting CTRL+ALT+F9 change the value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kevin wrote: > Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to > update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuat...

Payroll Calculator Excel Template
On the Payroll Calculator template under tax status, what do the numbers represent? Any suggestions on the template? ...

Paste Special
Hi there! Using E02 in XP. I have a section of data that I am copying for use elsewhere and I have a few rows that have data in Col A but Cols B-H are blank. I tried the Paste Special and selected Skip Blanks but still got all the lines. Could have sworn I've used it before and was able to identify which Col or Cols to look at for the blanks kind of like when you use Data/Sort. Can anyone put me back on track? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!!! Bonnie If you read the Help on "skip blanks" you will get a better understanding of its function. "skip blanks&q...

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

excel sheet password recovery
i need to get my excel sheets password recovery You should try a search on Google for Excel Password recovery, there are tons of tools out there a few free and some chargeable -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.excelusergroup.org web: www.nickhodge.co.uk "Abdulsalam" <Abdulsalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2F7B0C6-27DB-4EBC-9EB1-DD197F6265AB@microsoft.com... > i need to get my excel sheets password recovery > "Nick Hodge" <nick_hodge@zen.co.uk> wro...

Creating hidden modal property sheet
How do I create hidden modal property sheet? The property sheet is created with DoModal. If I cannot create it hidden maybe I can create it with position off screen and make it hidden later and then center on the screen. > How do I create hidden modal property sheet? The property sheet is created > with DoModal. If I cannot create it hidden maybe I can create it with > position off screen and make it hidden later and then center on the screen. Make it modeless and hide it. If its hidden why would it matter if its modal or not. --- Ajay No, I cannot create it modeless. I need to...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

My chart won't show on new sheet
I am having a problem with an assignment for my class and am NOT getting help from anyone. I am using Office 2007, have Vista HP, and am working on the Excel 2007 course. The problem is that when I try to move the chart to a new sheet using the move chart button, the new sheet is created but the chart can not be seen. I am about ready to use my text book as kindling. Can anyone at all lead me to see what I am doing wrong? Hi Julie. On the desing tab under chart tools you click on move chart and select as object in new sheet? "Julie W." wrote: > I am having a problem with ...

Calculating age
I have a Spreadsheet that contains a column of dates (birthdays and anniversarys)in the dd/mm/yyyy format. Across row 1 I have the years 2010, 2011, 2012 etc. At the intersection of the two I wish to insert a formula that will calculate the age or the anniversary. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance. See your other post. Regards, Fred "Chris waller" <Chriswaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFDC0A0-1B1B-47DE-AD7B-E77B64E995AB@microsoft.com... >I have a Spreadsheet that contains a column of dates (birthdays and > an...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

looking for free software to calculate composite reliability?
Hello, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. I need to calculate composite reliability for constructs (latent variables). I know some people calculate the composite reliability manually. I am wondering whether anyone might happen to know any free software (open resource) that can help calculate composite reliability? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline Caroline, Post how the manual calc is done, and then we can help. I have no idea what you mean by composite reliability.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP ...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Rule to move from one folder to another
Just moved from Lotus to Outlook 2007 on exchange. We have an email address that we use for all of our employees to mail in requests and tasks. There are 6 support people who work out of the mail folder in order to complete the requests. As each support person completes the request, she moves the request to the completed folder. What we've been told is that for the support person to move the item, we have to give her delete permission. The problem is that we don't want anyone to delete out of this mail file. One thing I was thinking is to create a rule that anything that m...

how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code
how can i select all the cells with same color on a sheet if there are multipale colors by vba code Much better than the 1st post. try this Sub selectyellows() For Each cel In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If cel.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then mystr = mystr & cel.Address & "," End If Next cel mystr = Left(mystr, Len(mystr) - 1) Range(mystr).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "uobt" <uobt@aol.com> wrote in message news:1103129633.880542.286200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > how can i select all the cells with same color on a shee...

horizontal scroll bar and sheet tabs missing
The horizontal scroll bar and sheet tabs have disappeared from my most recent spreadsheets. Old ones are OK as are new. I had this problem once before but did manage to resolve it but not this time. I cannot access previous sheets. Tools>Options>View there are checkboxes for these things. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cassandra" <Cassandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA62D870-4332-43C4-A5F8-F515E066B7B2@microsoft.com... > The horizontal scroll bar and sheet tabs have disappeared from my most recent &g...

Excel 2007 crashes after viewing property sheet in Data Connection
I have been using Excel 2007 to import comma delimited text (csv) files stored on my local hard disk into my personal finance spreadsheet. The Data>Get External Data>From Text wizard works fine and have had no trouble using the Refresh function. The problem comes from accessing a Connection Properties Box from the Data>Connections Box. If I select OK after viewing the Properties Box, Excel crashes, restarts, and offers to let me continue working on a repaired worksheet. This behavior occurs even when no changes are made in the Properties Box. If I select Cancel, Excel exits the...

BONUS Calculator
Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help a fellow sould out here as I am completel lost? I am trying to create a workbook that generates a users bonus that i given each quarter based upon them successfully achieving a give target over a three month period. I have two Worksheets. The first has a column headed % to target that has fields ranging fro 100% to 125%. This same sheet also has a column that is headed % Bonus that ha fields ranging from 1 to 25%. I also have another worksheet with four formatted areas : The first allows a user to input their yearly salary. The 2nd divides the y...

Calculate by categories
Hello, If I have the following: A1 Famille - Véronique 2 A2 Famille - Véronique 2 A3 Famille - Véronique 2 A4 Famille - Véronique 1 A5 Famille - Véronique 2 A6 Ami - Véronique 2 A7 Famille - Véronique 2 A8 Famille - Véronique 2 A9 Famille - Benoit 2 A10 Famille - Benoit 1 A11 Famille - Benoit 2 A12 Famille - Benoit 2 A13 Famille - Benoit 2 A14 Famille - Benoit 3 A15 Famille - Benoit 4 A16 Ami - Benoit & Véronique 1 A17 Ami - Benoit & Véronique 2 A18 Ami - Benoit & Véronique 5 A19 Ami - Benoit & Véroniq...