Automatic updating

I am familiar with how to do basic linking between worksheets/workbooks.

I have multiple worksheets (some on Sharepoint, some on local drive) with
different headers that I would like to link/feed automatically into one
master worksheet (in a different workbook) without having to manually link
each line separately.

The information is updated daily in the multiple worksheets by various
people.  There are also reports generated from an online service that we
convert and drop into Excel.  The reports are all basically timelines of
customer questions, date recv'd, our responses & resolutions.

Is this possible to link the whole worksheet automatically?

Thanks

CEditCtrl with automatic line feed
Hello NG, I hope someone can help. I already have been searching in the web but without success. I use a CEditCtrl, in which one can input several lines. When the input reaches the border, I want the text to "jump" into the next line, so that the user is not supposed to scroll (like here in my mail editor e.g.). Do you know if such a EditCtrl exists or how I can do it? Thanks in advance Guido "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:eZcKcnTbHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello NG, > > I hope someone can help. I already have been se...

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

automatically assign value to query
Hello, Ive got a database where staff login just using their name, and the login button has a macro assigned as follows Condition : Not IsNull([cboCurrentEmployee]) Action : SetTempVar Arguments : CurrentUserID, [cboCurrentEmployee] Certain contacts in my database are assigned to a member of staff and call sheets are set up using a query that requests that member of staffs name. Is there a way of automatically setting the criteria of the query to only show clients that are assigned to the member of staff that has logged in? Thanks, please let me know if i need to explain th...

Update query only partially working
Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only updating some of the records. The weird thing is that the field that i'm coparting to update is an auto number. I've checked both tables and the fields seem to be the the same and the records present in both so i'm stuck as to what is wrong. I'm using access 2007 to edit an access 2000 DB. Thanks On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 03:47:07 -0800 (PST), "d3cyph3r@gmail.com" <d3cyph3r@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi I'm trying to run an update query but for some reason it's only >up...

Sharing a master calendar and updating in Outlook..
How Can i share a master calendar on outlook where everyone of our employees (12) can access and update? Is it possible on Outlook to do this. We are on an exchange server. Yes - create a public calendar folder, and set permissions on it as you wish. I wouldn't make more than a couple of people 'owners' - David wrote: > How Can i share a master calendar on outlook where > everyone of our employees (12) can access and update? Is > it possible on Outlook to do this. We are on an exchange > server. ...

email in queue duplicate itself automatically
I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmailEnabled mailbox. When a message come in the queue, this message will duplicate itself in the CRM queue every 4 minutes and every 27 minutes. Did someone experience the same problem ? -- Christophe Hi Christophe I had a similar problem and it was caused by a problem with the mail box for the disabled user, this caused e mails to be resent and thus multi copies to appear. The dealys in the copies was cuaed by the re try timeouts on the mail routers. I hope this helps Biffio "cla" wrote: > I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmail...

MM 2004
I have noticed the past few times I have tried to get updates, I get the following error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI'). Any ideas??? Chris Chris, I was encountering the same error and followed these steps to correct it. 1. Open Control Panel. 2. Open Internet Options. 3. Click on "Delete Files..." (Temporary Internet Files). 4. Click on "Delete Cookies..." (although I'm pretty sure this step isn't required) 5. Open and close Microsoft Money again...the error should be gone. You can also access the I...

Outlook 2003 starts automatically although not in startup folder
Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why does it startup? I don't want it to startup automatically. I cannot find any reference to this and have not received any replys from any MS guru. Please help. Charles Chuck <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Running XP home, with Office 2003. When starting my > laptop, Outlook 2003 starts even though it is not in the > Startup folder or in the startup tab from msconfig. Why > does ...

Whay does an update CRASH Access?
Running Access 2003 on XP, doing a select from a table and passing the results to this subroutine to update another table. When running in debug mode, it works. When I stop it an anaylze the update statement, copy and paste into a new query, it works. Running without debug turned on, Access crashes (on three different installations of Access). What I know to be true: 1. the input record set contains records, all fields are non-null 2. the datatypes are correct 3. it crashes on the first record Any clues? ---- Sub UpdLicenseGrantedOutput(rstOutput As Recordset) Dim SQL_...

update links without other worksheet open?
All of a sudden my Excel 2002 will not open a workbook that contains links to other workbooks unless the other workbook is open. I get a dialog saying links could not be updated and to edit them. Any suggestions from anyone on how to change settings so the linked workbooks do not need to be open to update? Thanks. It kind of sounds like the linked workbook has moved (or been deleted). Any chance that it isn't there anymore? Something to try... With the workbook closed, Tools|Options|Edit tab Check "Ask to update automatic links" Then file|open your workbook. You shou...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

updating two seperate spreadsheets with same info
I have 2 seperate spreadsheets one with monthly info and one with yearly info. I wondered if there was a way to update the same info in one spreadsheet and it automatically fill in in the other spreadsheet since its the same information going into both databases without having to copy/paste all the time why not have one where you filter for month ??? data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E30B3EE-2D44-4E1D-8F10-16CC36DB8D6E@microsoft.com.....

auto-updating the auto-updater so 12.0.1 can be installed forces a complete delete and reinstall of office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Okay - I must confess I never thought that the mac geeks that work for microsoft had any affinity for writing bad code, but i definately found some in the auo-updating system - which after a reinstall didnt recognise that 12.0.1 OR its own update were ready for download - i had to download 12.0.1 as a .dmg and have NO idea how to force the upgrader program to upgrade itself like its supposed to -- because it DID SO ONCE, and as of this moment none of the applications that are updated by that package refect that they have...

HR version number not updating after installing SP
Hello, We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2. After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to 8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server & other wrkstations. This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not found. The reports need to ...

automatically insert system time in a cell
I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have the system time inserted in a cell if the previous cell is blank. I have tried several things and have not had any joy. Any help offered would be welcome. You can use the select_change event on your sheet capture when a differenet cell has been selected. Keeping track of prior cell entries can be tracked with a phantom sheet to store prior values, if the prior value was null, then you can send the following command activecell.value = now http://ForPicks.com "PM" wrote: > I have a s/sheet that needs to automatically have...

Change meeting don't send update
I want to change a meeting (in this case change the time by half an hour). I don't want to send an update to the attendee/s. The only options I get are "Save changes and send update" or "Don't save". I want to save the changes but not update. How can I make a change but not update people? If I remove the attendeed from the To box, it still wants to send an update, so presumably it is still registering them as people to say "you are no longer involved but I'll tell you anyway". If I click the "Cancel Meeting" button, it seems to wa...

Automatic updates
I cant get automatic updates to run. My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. Can anyone help me? thanks -- kevin This community is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly known as Great Plains) issues, not Windows issues. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kevin lunney" wrote: > I cant get automatic updates to run. > My operating system is windows xp and i have gone through the process that > the microsoft web page advised. The error number is as follows 0x80245003. &g...

SBS 2008 Server Not Updating Properly
I am running Windows update an SBS 2008 box. The machine seems to download and install 39 updates, then it fails with the message: Some updated were not installed Restart now to finish installing updates. Succeded: 1 update Failed: 38 updates Error(s) found: Code 80070718 Windows update encountered an unknown error. Code 643 Windows update encountered an unknown error. I started with needing 43 updates, and each time it installs only 1. If I run it again, it will probably install 1 and tell me it failed to install 37 others. Please help. Thanks! ...

Exchange 5.5 server not updating Service Pack.
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 loaded on it. Windows was at SP2, and Exchange was at SP1. Updated Windows to SP4, rebooted, all works well. Went to update Exchange to SP4, and it tells me that a newer version is already installed, and Update quits. Same thing happens with SP3 or SP4 for Exchange. I can check the Mad.exe and the Store.exe, and both versions report Version 6.0 Build 4712.7 (Service Pack 1). This does not make any sense to me. I know you do not have to install Exchange SP's before Windows, as I have loaded other Win2K boxes, updated to SP4 and then upgraded Exc...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

send automatic information to my table on the second sql server 2005
Hello Team There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server everyday. Thanks for Help lassaad (u58596@uwe) writes: > There is a table on my first sql server 2005 , we enter many > information to this table. Also there is same table on my second sql > server 2005. I want to send information to my second sql server > everyday. There is far too little information to give any good answer. If you want to replicate the ...

IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete" Dell Mini 1010 Windows XP Home 32bit SP3 1gb RAM I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine. Original issue: Could not install any programs Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner After finding various critters affecting PC...

Automatic Registration Button Problems
I am using the code below for a button in a form. It searches the Leaders table to find all leaders who are directors. Then registers all of these leaders for whichever event the button is in. However, when I press the button, it does something that I don't understand. Right now I have two events in my test database that I could register for. Both of them have about 12 people registered for them. I typed each of these registrants in. When I create a third event to test my new nifty button, it seems like it takes the first two events and doubles their registrations and register no on...

Error on Windows Update
Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com Please post your internet drivers license number if you need assistance. cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com wrote: > Im not sure why but my labtop asus does not seem to allow me to get updats > or recieve any it keeps poping up as error C004F012..if anyone can help me > plz contact me at cory_mommyboy11@yahoo.com ...

Portfolio not updating stock prices properly
Some of my stocks in my portfolio do not update prices throughout the day. Some do, but most do not, including HD, T, ... ones that I know have the correct symbol inputted. For instance, at 7PM, when I look at my portfolio, most of the stocks list the days gain as unch, and still list yesterday's closing price (which didn't update until sometime late the night before). For those stocks, I never have a day's gain listed, because when the price finally updates, it's a new day!! Strange but true...any suggestions? I've had the same problem since last October except t...