Auto Calculate Monthly Time Pace

I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form.  I
want this to change every day automatically.  Example:

Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87%

if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be
20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%)

Is there a formula or function to do this?

Thanks!
Heather

"HeatherJ" wrote:
> I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form.
[....]
> Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87%

One way:

=day(today()) / day(eomonth(today(),0))

formatted as Percentage.  If you get a #NAME error, see the Help page for
EOMONTH.

> I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form.  I
> want this to change every day automatically.  Example:
>
> Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87%
>
> if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be
> 20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%)
>
> Is there a formula or function to do this?
>
> Thanks!
> Heather
Hi,
try

=DAY(TODAY())/DAY(EOMONTH(TODAY(),1))

format cell as percentage

"HeatherJ" wrote:

> I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form.  I
> want this to change every day automatically.  Example:
>
> Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87%
>
> if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be
> 20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%)
>
> Is there a formula or function to do this?
>
> Thanks!
> Heather

Calendar Meeting Time
I was "Invited" to a meeting. The start time on my header showed as 8:00 AM. The real start time is 9:00 AM. Others were invited, but their start time shows at the correct 9:00 AM. My clock (in the bottom right hand corner of my screen shows the correct time. Do I have the time set incorrectly in another area? This is a brand new computer Thanks. In Outlook, go to Tools, OPtions, Calendar Options, Time Zones. Check to make sure the "automatically adjust for daylight savings time" checkbox is checked. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/car...

Use Combo Box to Select Month to Display Data on Chart
Hi All, I have a bar graph that shows the following information X Axis = Date Y Axis = Copper Produced Question: How can I enable the user to select a month from a drop-down list and the chart show the data only for the selected month? -- Carlee Here are a couple ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Carlee" <Carlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7779E1...

Why Calculated Charge on Shipping?
I have a store location POS which just started to automatically add $25.00 to Calculated Shipping Charge and Shipping Charge to every workorder and layaway. This happens after the order is tendered, with or without money. There is no carrier or service. I can find no setting to remove this default behavior. Any ideas? ...

Auto increment date in header
Hello, I want to create a document and in header to put the date like: Thursday, 31.12.2009 and on second page, in header to appear Friday, 01.01.2010 and on third page Saturday, 02.01.2010 and so on Have anybody an idea how to do it? Thank you! Hi Lucrix, To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902 or http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Date Se...

how to calculate appreciation using excel 2000
also, what are the common shortcuts? ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ ...

McAfee slows CRM response time
McAfee seems to slow down CRM response time considerably. 30-45 seconds to load a page. We've disabled scriptscan. What else can be done to configure this? McAfee 8.5.... or 8.0 Seems it has on access scan of the IE Temp folders and it slows it down. ...

Convert Seconds and decimals to time
Hello, I'm exporting some information from a system called CMS. The problem I'm having is that it exports in seconds and decimals. For instance 3:19 (3 minutes 19 seconds) is exporting as 226.605636597. I'm trying to convert this back to 3:19. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Chuck -- bagoxc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bagoxc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30084 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497654 I don't see how 3 minutes 19 seconds ...

How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume
I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the discount rate based on the number of units. The discounts are: if units =<50 price = 10 if units =>51 and <101 price = 9.75 if units =>101 and <201 price = 8.75 if units =>201 and <301 price = 8.00 if units =>301 and <401 price = 7.00 if units =>501 and <501 price = 6.00 if units =>501 price = 5.00 I have tried to create a module in VBA,...

auto starting
I've just upgraded Win 98 to XP Pro. Outlook 2000 start automatically. I've tried Settings - Start Menu - Remove, but Outlook si noe selected their to start automatically. I'm stumped - an anyone help? Much appreciated. Have you looked in all your account start menu files ... with xp there will be an 'Administrator' as well an 'All Users' user profile ... check all the profiles and you may find it in one of them ... including your own profile "david m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067301c39b92$f2ca2390$a30128...

TIme difference
Hi all, I am curently using the laptop with outlook. When i send out email, the time on the message is different from my laptop's clock. Any suggestion? Naga <Naga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am curently using the laptop with outlook. When i send out email, > the time on the message is different from my laptop's clock. > > Any suggestion? Sure. Adjust the incorrect time on the machine where it is defined. -- Brian Tillman In news:7BCA5064-1AE7-4C0A-B195-44A335E31ACB@microsoft.com, Naga <Naga@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, >...

Time Stamp Issue
I have it set up in my table that everytime a record is created it is time stamped with the date. What I am trying to do is set up a separate time stamp when the record is modified while also keeping the original record creation time stamp. Is this possible and if so how can I do it? I'm sorry to just jump into your post Antavas but I have a similar question and hope you don't mind. How would you do this if you want to also track changes to a subform? I have a form with a subform. The form has a date modified field. I would like to track any changes that occur, whethe...

Auto populate fields
I have a form that asks for Name, Job Title, Employee ID number, etc. I can create a drop down list using Validate no problem. However, I want to be able to automatically populate the fields when a person's name is selected. For example, if I select Billy from the Name drop down list, the Job Title, ID Number, etc. gets automatically filled. If you had a table with the other information that relates to Billy (and other names), you could use =vlookup() to return that info. For more info about =vlookup()... You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlFun...

Help with time function
I NEED HELP... if cell a1 lets say is 7:00 and I would like to add 15 minutes to this time in cell a2 what would be the formula. Everything I seem to try fails. thanks David Poe djoseph11@tampabay.rr.com One way: A2: =A1 + TIME(0,15,0) another: A2: =A1 + 15/(24*60) or equivalently A2: = A1 + 15/1440 or, equivalently A2: =A1 + 1/96 In article <Ihsbc.397852$jH.5735715@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, "David Joseph" <DJOSEPH11@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > I NEED HELP... > > if cell a1 lets say is 7:00 and I would like to > add 15 ...

Calculating profit fields in PA01304?
I have a quick query, I hope you can help... I am currently writing an integration between our resource management software and GreatPlains ProjectAccounting... I am updating the time-phased data in the PA01304 table with data derived from our database, OK so far... The problem comes when I ripple through the calculated fields that are based on the PABQuantity or PAFQuantity fields that I have updated. I have the GPPA SDK installed and the documentation explains all the formulae for the calculations, but it fails to explain where the values used come from... For example When the Profi...

template for 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page
Availability of a template for use in Microsoft Publisher calendar for a 2006 Sun-Sat 1 month per page understated calendar with the ability to insert my own images against individual dates. What do you need to know to complete your calendar? You can insert pictures into the Understated calendar template. You can change the range date... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John P" <John P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13B5230B-5717-4BB7-8B50-F13C3E3C9A23@microsoft.com... > Availabi...

Monthly reporting spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that we update monthly to show actual data vs. targets. I have two worksheets, one being my "cheatsheet" and other being my actual reporting table. The cheatsheet houses the data. Each month data is entered into the cheatsheet, which provides the month end results to the actual report. For example, I put 3 new hire names in the cheatsheet and the results sheet will populate with a number "3". Problem: If there is no result for the month, (such as no employees hired) I want "0" to populate in the cell. However, I dont want t...

Calculation
I don't fully understand how Excel's manual vs automatic setting works. We work with large formula-intensive spreadsheets, and NEVER want the setting to be automatic. What I have figured out is that if I crash, the setting resets to automatic. And, if I save a spreadsheet with Manual setting, it stays Manual next time I open it, unless Excel is already open with Calc = automatic. Is this right? But my key question: Is there any way to ensure that Excel remains calculation=manual at all times when a file is opened? If nothing else, can we add a piece of code to our template...

Saving Calculation Fields Value
hi.. im having a hard time making a database system using only full access.. im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form. please help me with this.. thanks.... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2007...

calculated fields in outlook 2003 email
Hi I am trying to make a automated email for holiday bookings at our property. Is there a way of calculating dates and using outlook custom fields within the email. I can not find it if there is. thanks Tim A regular email message can't do calculations and custom fields. An = Outlook custom form can, but it would not be an appropriate solution = except inside an organization, and it's not clear that's the scenario = you're working with. (For starters, only people using Outlook can = see/use Outlook custom forms.)=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configurin...

Time change
Can anyone tell me why my exchange server is time stamping my mail an hour before it's processed on the server. The server clock shows the right time. I set up a sync with a standard time server some weeks ago, but since daylight savings kicked in the timestamp on mail shows it to be processes an hour earlier than it really is. How do I resync the time in Exchange? Kim Check the time zone settings on the server and the clients....make sure Automatically adjust for daylight savings is checked... "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D48C64...

Add-in must be 'run' one time to stick? How to auto invoke?
Thanks to Dave Peterson's recent sample and tips to get started I have gotten past the notion of a script-holding template file and gotten all the functionality I need into a .xla addin menu The functions in the addin are made available thru a toolbar menu created like... Set cbcCutomMenu = _ cbMainMenuBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _ Before:=iHelpMenu) '(5)Give the control a caption cbcCutomMenu.Caption = "M&y Menu" .... and added by these subs in the 'View Code' thingy: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Run "...

Auto Number Concern
While looking at my tables, I noted that the AutoNumber has changed radically. Expecting the table to continue building on the three digit autonumber, I was surprised to see 10 digit autonumbers appearing and at times preceded by a minus sign. What gives? I created a master with a replica...is this the source for the change? Thanks Cheese Yup: when you use Replication, the AutoNumber field is changed from Sequential to Random. There's no way for you to change that behaviour. Fortunately, it doesn't matter. The only intent of an AutoNumber field is to provide a (practically ...

Current Military Time to Display
I would like to display the current time in military time on a form. I need to keep the clock running while the form is open. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you, CDG -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0032.htm at "The Access Web" explains how to have a time field continually update. How you format the time is under your control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "CDG via AccessMonster.com" <u17949@uwe> wrote in message news:a03ea...

Calender to switch to the month 04-27-10
Hi, I posted the following more than 24 hrs ago. I know all the Microsoft MVPs are volunteers. I am willing to wait for few more days. But in the event that some of the MVPs have seen this post and think it is not possible or advisable please let me know. This is what was posted: One of the control on the form is FldMon. It is a number field. There is a calender on the form. It is ActiveX Control: Calender0 Class is MSCAL.Calender.7 I am using Access 2003 and the tables are Access 2000 format Now when the user updates the field FldMon with a number (1 to 12) I want the ...

Can I control the time of Internet updates?
I have certain of my credit cards to update once a day, and I noticed it seems to do that right around midnight. I suspect one of the cards has their systems doing something then, as the update for that one always fails. But when I do another update in the morning or any other time, it succeeds. So I was wondering if I could change it to do the update at a time other than midnight, but it doesn't seem to give me that ability? thanks ...