About Data Validation

Hi All
I have excel worksheet using Data Validation for control input Value.

In the raw data sheet, Define some Name e.g. "DBNAME", AREA","TABLE
Name" range

It is possible select one DBNAME value, just allow select a particluar
list of AREA and TABLE NAME ?

e.g.
DBNAME     AREA      Table NAME
DB1             A1            T1
DB2             A2             T2
DB3            A3              T3
                   A4              T4
                  A5               T5
                                     T6
e.g.
When select DB1 just allow user select A1, A2  and select T1,T2,T3
 When select DB2 just allow user select A3, A4  and select T3,T4

moonhkt
0
moonhkt

See http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/dependent-lists.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"moonhkt" <moonhkt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I have excel worksheet using Data Validation for control input Value.
>
> In the raw data sheet, Define some Name e.g. "DBNAME", AREA","TABLE
> Name" range
>
> It is possible select one DBNAME value, just allow select a particluar
> list of AREA and TABLE NAME ?
>
> e.g.
> DBNAME     AREA      Table NAME
> DB1             A1            T1
> DB2             A2             T2
> DB3            A3              T3
>                   A4              T4
>                  A5               T5
>                                     T6
> e.g.
> When select DB1 just allow user select A1, A2  and select T1,T2,T3
> When select DB2 just allow user select A3, A4  and select T3,T4
>
> moonhkt

0
ozgrid
5/5/2010 4:25:34 AM
Hi

Take a look at a tutorial I wrote at
There is also a downloadable example file
--
Regards
Roger Govier

moonhkt wrote:
> Hi All
> I have excel worksheet using Data Validation for control input Value.
>
> In the raw data sheet, Define some Name e.g. "DBNAME", AREA","TABLE
> Name" range
>
> It is possible select one DBNAME value, just allow select a particluar
> list of AREA and TABLE NAME ?
>
> e.g.
> DBNAME     AREA      Table NAME
> DB1             A1            T1
> DB2             A2             T2
> DB3            A3              T3
>                    A4              T4
>                   A5               T5
>                                      T6
> e.g.
> When select DB1 just allow user select A1, A2  and select T1,T2,T3
>  When select DB2 just allow user select A3, A4  and select T3,T4
>
> moonhkt
0
Roger

Data Limit on Bar Chart?
I am trying to display a Clustered Column chart that is pulling data from multiple worksheets. I have 12 worksheets containing data & the chart is on its own seperate worksheet. Each worksheet has 4 or 5 rows of data in 3 columns, 2 columns contain actual data & the other contains text for date headings. When using the chart wizard I can graphically select the data w/ my mouse & it lets me get 2 worksheets worth of data then I cannot input anymore. When I try to put in more it resets the data window to just one entry, instead of that one plus the other 9 I just selected....

cut and paste hierarchical data
Hi. I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find it. I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships. A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth. All relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity. Problem is that I entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all other information is correct. All I want to do is cop...

the incoming tabular data stream remote procedure call is incorrec
Hello, I am using SQL Server 2008 Express with sql native client 10.0 as a backend to an Access frontend. When I try to updated one of the linked tables in Access, I receive a server side error message stating "The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) remote procedure call (RPC) protocol stream is incorrect. Parameter 6 (" "): Data type 0xE7 has an invalid data length or metadata length. I found some documentation on microsofts website which states that this issue was addressed in the cumulative update package 3 for sql server 2008 service pack 1 971491. ...

Data Labels
Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points. Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all on and then deleting the ones that I don't want? ...

VBA code to paste data based on condition
I'm new to VBA programming and would appreciate some help with a macro. There is a database table that can be refreshed throughout the month that simply overrides the cell value from the same refresh. So the values update every time you refresh in the same cell until the next month begins (Date + Year are the column headings). What I need to do is break each month down into weeks like this (1-7 = Week 1, and so on where Week 5 is any day after the 28th of the month). I need a macro where the morning a new week starts (Day 8), I can copy/paste values the entire column in...

how do i reset data automatically? #2
ok...what i need to do is add mondays total to tuesday..then tuesdays to wednes days...and so on...then on sunday clear the workbook.but keep the totals thru the end of the month.... -- n8rboy1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ n8rboy1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273794 ...

Data validation 01-19-10
I have set up a simple validation proceedure on the BeforeUpdate property as follows: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If (IsNull(Me.txtEmail) Or Me.txtEmail = "") And Me.EmailUpdates = -1 Then MsgBox "Enter an email address.", vbInformation, "Data Validation" Me.txtEmail.SetFocus DoCmd.CancelEvent Cancel = True End If End Sub The form also has a several command buttons (e.g. save, next record, previous record) which trigger the validation warning as expected. However the OK or close button on the data validation ...

Excel Data Validation Combo box using Named Ranges
Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from... http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a site listing instructions for office 2007? Tried doing searches for this but it seems like every...

overlay two time series with different data amount in chart
I have the stock quotes of two different companies. Of stock A I have daily data and of stock B I only have weekly data. I'd like to overlay the two companies' stock quotes in a diagram. How do I have to configure excel for that it stretches the quote for the company for which I only have weekly data? any help is appreciated? Nicolas Nicolas, This might be a little klutzy, but see if it works for you. Make a copy of each company's data: For Company A: Jan 1 200 Jan 2 201 Jan 3 200 Jan 4 199 For Company B: Jan 1 222 Jan 8 233 Jan 15 232 J...

XML Validation #4
Hi folks, I got the following code to validate a custom XML against a given schema: XmlSchemaSet sc = new XmlSchemaSet(); sc.Add(schema); sc.Compile(); XmlReaderSettings settings = new XmlReaderSettings(); settings.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema; settings.Schemas = sc; settings.ValidationEventHandler += new ValidationEventHandler(settings_ValidationEventHandler); XmlReader reader = XmlReader.Create("c:\\1.xml", settings); while (reader.Read()) ; However, the validation seems to be OK. Here's the schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252&quo...

Cannot access or restore my Money2005 data
I have backed up to a memory stick religiously. Nevertheless, I keep getting a popup message: "Exception Processing message c000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c" Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many additional data points are necessary to help. Examples: What version/edition of Money? What O/S? Under what conditions (what sequence of steps?) do you get this message? What happened (Internet Update, OS patch installation, Money reinstallation) when it started presenting itself? Do you get the same message trying the same sequence of steps in a new da...

Data migration manager error
Hi, I am running migration manager for accounts, I am getting error on importing the file that - data migration manager cannot run furter, close and try again. I have tried several times , it is not functioning.Is there any service to be started. regards Ritesh ...

removing 0 value data labels
Hi All How would I remove 0 Value data labels from a chart using vb script? No need for VBA. You can make a custom number format for the labels. Select the whole set of labels, press CTRL+1 to format, and on the number format, select Custom in the left hand list, and add a format like one of these: 0;0;;@ 0.0;0.0;;@ There are four items in a custom format, by default the formats for positive, negative, and zero values, and for text. Leave off the format for zeros, and the label will not appear. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and C...

How can I import my data from Entourage for Macosx
I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from Entourage to Outlook Ken Allen <Ken Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data > from Entourage to Outlook See if this helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/ -- Brian Tillman "Ken Allen" wrote: > I a moving from a Apple Mac computer and I want to move all my data from > Entourage to Outlook. Will these scripts move all my e-mails and attachments over to Outlook as well. Thank you for all your help. I h...

How to create a bitmap from raw data?
Hi, I'm capturing image data from a firewire camera. Each frame is 640 x 480 with 8-bits per pixel. I then create an RGB version of the image by creating a buffer that is 640x480 * 3 and copying each of the bytes three times, producing the RGB image. Question: How do I create a bitmap from the RGB image buffer so that I can display the image with functions like BitBlt() or StretchBlt()? Thanks for any suggestions. RickL How are you converting from 640 x 480 with 8-bits per pixel to 640 x 480 with 24-bits per pixel? For 8 bpp bitmaps, the value could be an index into a palette tab...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists of 100 items (rows) with 5 data elements. Each list has a common element, which can tie the two lists together. How can I combine these 2 lists and use it for the source data of a pivot table? Todd ...

insert data from one excel file into another
Is there any way to insert data from one excel file into another without doing copy and pasting? I need to automate the process of inserting data but I cannot use copy-paste, because it puts data on a clipboard, and my Excel VBA program runs in a multi-user environment. So if one instance of a program is copying data into clipboard, and another instance is pasting it at the same time, it will paste incorrect data. Thank you Leonard. You'll need both spreadsheets open, but try this; Option Explicit Sub MyMacro() Dim MyVariable As String Windows("File2.xls").Ac...

Trimming Outlook Data Files
Every now and then I trim our Outlook (2003 & 2002) data folders and archive older data. Now the archive files are themselves getting to be quite large (around 600MB or close to the max that can be copied on to a CD) and in any case I would like to split the archive files into separate volumes for calendar years 2003, 2004, 2005 etc. What is the best way of doing this and can archive files be deleted (once they have been secured on CD media) from Outlook? I tried doing this but Outlook keeps throwing up an error message indicating it cannot file the archive files. Thanks for your help. ...

Excel data query goes away.
I have a work book that gets information from an SQL database. About every two months the query goes away. Why? and how can I stop this from happening? ...

Move data to list format
I have a customer list downloaded into Excel. I want to move customer name, address, state, zip, etc fields into columns so that I can import them into a database. Each customer, for example, is separated by about eleven rows. Can this be done? As long as they are separated by 11 rows, this does it Sub testloop() Dim cRows As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim agtname As String cRows = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row With Worksheets("Sheet2") For i = 1 To cRows Step 11 For j = 1 To 11 .Cells((i - 1) \ 11 + 1, j)....

Cannot edit data in forms but can in tables
I have a problem! I created a database where I can only edit the data in tables. In the forms I created I can see the data but cannot edit the data. I am using 2007 that I have set so the file can be opened in 2003. The data was imported to create tables from two Excel spread sheets using the wizard. The tables are linked together and the combined data is shown in a report. This all works without a problem. Now I need to edit the data, so I created several forms all of which I cannot add, delete or edit the data. I saw under the User and Group Permissions that u...

How to wipe out HQ and SO data without the setting and paramters
Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its parameters and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to change the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to wipe out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This be done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this. This sounds very dangerous. What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then make all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then delete everything from the Alias table if you ar...

how to show data into datagrid from a database in sql server
Hi i have made a dialog based application in vc++ , placed a datagrid on it and used some code in initdialog function to make database connection with sql server.now my problem is how to retrieve data into the datagrid.......i dont know which properties to use.....and the required codes....please if somebody could help on this.. thanks in advance On Feb 8, 11:04 pm, "meg1" <megha.2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > i have made a dialog based application in vc++ , placed a datagrid on > it and used some code in initdialog function to make database > connection wi...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

validation list in a range
I have a defined range (separate sheet from the validation, but can be moved), and would like for the range to serve as my list of values in a "list" validation. Suggestions? Boris select data/validation. In the drop down box title "Allow" select list and for the source select the range of values. "boris" wrote: > I have a defined range (separate sheet from the > validation, but can be moved), and would like for the > range to serve as my list of values in a "list" > validation. Suggestions? > > Boris > Right, but I ...