2007 Excel Protecting a cell

I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007.  I want
to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry.  How can I do this?
--
Linda K

Unlock the cells.

When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex
<Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007.  I want
>to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry.  How can I do this?

0
Gord
2/1/2010 7:57:13 PM
That was a easy fix!!  Thanks
--
Linda K

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Unlock the cells.
>
> When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells"
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex
> <Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007.  I want
> >to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry.  How can I do this?
>
> .

That was an easy fix, Thanks.
--
Linda K

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Unlock the cells.
>
> When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells"
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex
> <Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007.  I want
> >to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry.  How can I do this?
>
> .

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3