Would like to locate a text box based on a search string and copy

I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it.  Based on a radio button
selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text
string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or
copy it based on some reference.  I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar
because they are highly formatable.  Another method may be acceptable as long
as I can format text.  Thank you.

Hello:
Can I assume that your Textboxes are on a regular worksheet and not a form
opened with the VBA command MyForm.Show?
Also, which toolbox did you use:  Forms or Control Toolbox?  Depending on
the answers, the methods are different.

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Jeffy" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it.  Based on a radio button
> selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text
> string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or
> copy it based on some reference.  I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar
> because they are highly formatable.  Another method may be acceptable as long
> as I can format text.  Thank you.

count text through worksheets generates error
Hi all, In a workbook with a lot of worksheets i want to count the number of times a specific text value occurs in a cell. All sheets have the same layout. So, for instance, when i want to count the number of times the value "yes" occurs in cell B2 through sheets 1 to 5 and i use the function =countif(sheet1:sheet5!b2,"yes") excel generates an error message (#value!). I don't understand why, because if i would use the function in 1 sheet only I get the required result. I suspect that some functions cannot work on grouped sheets. Is there a list somewhere that e...

Wanted vb.net trainer -hyderabad location
Hi friends!! Greetings!! We are in need of a vb.net trainer urgently for hyderabad location..pls forward ur resumes to meghanaitsol@gmail.com With regards, Meghana IT Solutions "Meghana" <meghanaitsol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:83702ee7-4dd6-4d76-9aaa-b879c186c7f2@t9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > We are in need of a vb.net trainer And the best place to find one, in your considered opinion, is in a peer-to-peer newsgroup dedicated to C#...? Sounds like a VB.NET trainer is the least of your requirements... -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http...

using one combo box to determine content of a second combo box
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

Text moves on saving
Using Publisher 2002, when I save a document of several pages, approximately an inch or so of text jumps from one page to the next page in linked text boxes. When I go back to the previous page, text usually reverts to the proper place. Sometimes, I have to delete a blank line to make the text come back, then later I will have to put that line back in. When I save again, text jumps again. Hi Jan (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Using Publisher 2002, when I save a document of several || pages, approximately an inch or so of text jumps from one || ...

Combo Box Search Time
Hello Group, I have a combo box that I currently use with the Auto Expand feature on. This combo box points to a field in a query with 400,000 records. The box works fine but has about a 30 second latency delay from the time it gets focus to the time where it will display the records. I would like to cut this latency down to as little as possible. As a side note, I have 2 forms each with a combo box pointing to 2 different queries each with 400K records. The first combo box is a zip code lookup and works super fast; the moment you click it the results pop right up. The second combo box ...

Copying E-mail Templates
Is there a way to copy an email template, instead of creating a similar one from scratch everytime On Jul 7, 1:18 am, Lee <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to copy an email template, instead of creating a similar one > from scratch everytime Hi Lee, you can't copy the entire template, but you can go into the template, copy the parts you want, and paste them into the new template. Hope this helps, Chen ...

"Diagonal" cells
Hi. I'm doing a tricky poor-man's-Illustrator project with Excel 2007. I'm trying to create the impression of a large cell that's been split in half diagonally (with a diagonal ascending from bottom left to top right). I've created a 2 x 2 grid of cells and put a diagonal border through the lower left and top right cells and removed the vertical, internal borders. Looks great so far. In addition, I'd like to place text in the upper left and lower right cells. Ideally, this text would be wider than the upper left or lower right cell and would flow over into the adja...

auto fillin box for e-mail show deleted addresses ... how do I get rid of them?
I go to create a new e-mail (with Outlook 2007) and fill in the 'To' field with one alpha character. I see a drop down box (to speed things along) but at least one of those 'suggestions' is not valid; that particular address does not exist. It did exist at one time though. How do I flush out those helpful though inaccurate\old e-mail addresses? Thanks, DH either select it using the arrow key and press delete or delete the nk2 cache file. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20060823.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

insert symbols in text cell
i would to insert "-" to the text cell format, how to do? example: 123456 change to 123-456 -- SelinaT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SelinaT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33675 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534451 Assuming the data posted is representative (6 digits, with dash to be inserted in centre) and running in A1 down Try in B1: =LEFT(A1,3)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,3) Copy down Then copy col B, and overwrite col A with Paste special &g...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

Excel -- Wrapped text disappears
A user here is having the same problem as described in a previous topic (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/b32b50c3e69981d/dc8adb6c01616d70%23dc8adb6c01616d70). Windows XP Pro, SP2 Office 2003 Pro, SP2 New machine with plenty of resources. Was originally working properly, then mysteriously developed a strange symptom: Any text that is in an Excel cell in which the "wrap text" option has been selected no longer shows up. I have checked it with 1 character, 1 word, and multiple lines of text. It has been repeated with spreadsheets created on...

Manipulating text data
Win XP HE, XL 2002 Hi, I have a list of 1000 company names that I need to parse in this manner: In Cell A1 abcmanagement should be in Cell A2 ABC Management In A2 abcdefcompany should be in B2 ABCDEF Company etc..... There are a list of company with the following keywords: management, company, firm, llc, that may appear in the names in cell in the A column. What I need to do is a) insert a blank space between whatever is BEFORE the above key words. How to use a formula to quickly "parse" cells in the A column to insert this blank space at the right place and separate the names a...

For Roady Re Post Of Information Box at Startup
Hi Roady Your message was unavailable could you reply again to Oringinal Message On some computers running NT4 and Exchange 5.5 with XP pro Clients A message box appears about macros added to additional files, why does this box appear? and how do I stop it from appearing every time I sart Outlook 2000? Alright, here is the repost Please state the full error you get. You can control macro's in Outlook by Tools-> Macro-> Security -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of th...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...

including data in combo box ??
Please help I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a cell Thanks Hi, Manny Try this: Menu Data > Validation > list I hope this hepls. "Manny" <manny@mdrsolutions.co.za> escreveu na mensagem news:e4adkk$pn5$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Please help > > I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. > I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a > cell > > Thanks > ...

Binding a Combo Box
Is it possible to bind 2 different columns of a combo box to a table? If so, can I bind those 2 columns to 2 different tables? Secondary Question: Is it possible to bind an entire record of a combo box to a table/query? If any of these are possible, how do you do that (the simpler the answer, the better.) Thank you A combo box can only have a single bound column. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <pcstechnical.sfhs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190743242.886152.75330@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to bind ...

dynamic forms (i.e. form with hidden text boxes, calenders etc)
I have one form with 25 different text box, calenders and selection boxes on the are all hidden except one showing at a time (its being used for users to entered data). I need to put a progress bar, but as the number of input choices changes dependant on what the user enters, its not as simple as '1 of 25' the other idea is to put all the 25 catorgories on one side of the form and then display what the user has entered as they go along. (problem here is that it means 25 new text boxes !!) any one got any other ideas? This would be very hard as you stated you never know how man...

Can VBA copy then paste shape and its Sub ( )? found at pptfaq.com
Hi I have a shockwave flash object embedded on a slide, it has a simple FSCommand sub. I can use this macro to copy the afore mentioned shockwave object to all sides but the associated FScommand sub which I can see in the object tree on slide1, does not get transposed to the other slides. Doers anyone know if this is beyond a macro to perform this type of function? Sub flashbutton()) Dim oSh as Shape Dim x as Long Set oSh=ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange(1) oSh.Copy For x = 2 to ActivePresentation.Slides.Count ActivePresentation.Slides(x).Shapes.Paste Next End S...

Text in VBA
Hello, I'd like, if possible, in VBA to have an inputbox that will allow me to write a text in J1 if B1 has value but J1 is empty. Is that possible? Hi how should this inputbox be invoked? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7813AAF-1A10-4F19-86D8-80F25F89434F@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'd like, if possible, in VBA to have an inputbox that will allow me to > write a text in J1 if B1 has value but J1 is empty. > Is that possible? > This inputbox should be invoked if...

How can I get my text to arc in Visio?
I have a circular pie chart. I want my text in various places on the outside of the ciruclar pie chart to arc with the circle. I know how to add text boxes, but they don't arc--they are flat across the usual way (since visio doesn't support it) is to copy it from something like powerpoint. al "michobrien" <michobrien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6593E93-8E62-4BEE-87F4-79B395F11F91@microsoft.com... >I have a circular pie chart. I want my text in various places on the >outside > of the ciruclar pie chart to arc with the circle. I k...

how do I highlite text within a cell (specific characters)
I am trying to high light specific characters within a cell. (similiar to the way text can be high lighted in word. Can this be done in Excell. I dont want to change the colour of the cell or the colour of the text - but do want to high light specific parts of the text with in a cell Just select that part of the text and format as per your requirement by going to cells > format > font. Mangesh "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9781298-1301-4FE1-9901-9D1C03504504@microsoft.com... > I am trying to high light specific characters within a ...

List Box and Updating the table
I want a form with 24 list boxes that the user can have multiple selections for each box..I understand that I need to have a table that will hold results and a new row for each selection, what i need to know is how do i get the data from the List boxes populated into the table? Thanks. Lisa, there are several problems with this. First, You will have to open the form on Friday and come back Monday to actually see it. I once tried a form with only 8 list boxes and it took 2 to 5 minutes to load the form. It has to retrieve the data from the database for each list box, one at a time. ...

Need To Add VBA Tools Like A Date Picker
I have written a couple of VBA projects for my company. Most of the computers run them all fine but some do not. About half of the computers are running Windows XP Pro w/ Office XP Small Buisness and the other Half are running on Windows 2000 Pro w/ Office 2000 Small Business. My problem is that some of the office 2000 computers do not have Date Pickers in there VBA so they get errors when they try and run the programs. It says something like error: project cannot be found. I want to know where I can update my VBA tools from. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks, Mark ...

how to copy a row of cells automatically from one worksheet to another by changing the value of1cell
Hello. I have 8 cells on the same row in one worksheet that I would like to be automatically copied to a predefined area in one of 3 other worksheets in my file depending on the number (1, 2 or 3) entered in one cell adjacent to these 8 cells. Is this possible and, if so, how could it be done? Thanks very much for any help you can offer me with this. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** David, You could use the worksheet change event: this will copy the eight cells from the s...

Only run if check box is checked
I have some code that I only want to be run if a check box is checked. So I inserted an ActiveX check box which I have named cbRecord. I then put the following IF around the code which is initiated by clicking a spinner form control: If cbRecord.Value Then .... .... .... End If However, when the code is run I get the following error: Run time error '424': Object required. When I go to debug, the code doesn't even know that my check box exists. TIA...Geoff Try If Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value = xlOn Then '...