Worksheet Cell Reference

I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the
value in the referenced cell is blank it returns a "0" value. However, I want
the returned value to simply leave as a blank cell. Any advice?
David

Hi David
Something like this : =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
HTH
John
"DavidS" <DavidS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a reference to a cell in another worksheet, same workbook. When the
> value in the referenced cell is blank it returns a "0" value. However, I want
> the returned value to simply leave as a blank cell. Any advice?
> David

0
John

Objects Moving With Cells
Ok, I've been trying to do things like inserting a button, checkbox, or picture box into cells and want to be able to have the pictures move with the cells, and I'm having some trouble doing it. Let me give you two examples: 1. I have a spreadsheet where you can order each of the columns as you need to, by alphabet or what have you. I want some of the columns on the same row as a name to have checkboxes that you can click to indicate of said person has met the requirements for that row, then when you sort by name alphabetically, (the first column), the rows should reo...

On status bar, sum of selected cells doesn't automatically appear.
Excel 2003 - when you use the auto filter - nomally the sum of cells selected automatically shows up on the bottom left hand side of the status bar - eg: 32 of 100 records found.. but this is not always the case when i open or start a new worksheet Can anyone tell me if there is a function to activeate this on my worksheet... thanx Debra Dalgleish explains why and offers some workarounds: http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count Chozzie wrote: > > Excel 2003 - > when you use the auto filter - nomally the sum of cells selected > automatically shows up on the bottom l...

Reference to filename in Access table field?
I want to have a field in a table refer to a file on my computer or on the network. What is the best way to accomplish this? - Paul Schrum How do you want to refer to it? Do you want to open it? Try: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Paul Schrum" <paul.schrum@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181574547.338829.29540@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... >I want to have a field in a table refer to a file on my computer or on > the network. What is the best way ...

How to Return all Records with Blank Cells?
Might be an easy question, but how do I return all records which have empty cells for the specified FIELD Example: Name School Home Child 1. xxxx xxxx xxxx 2. xxxx xxxx xxxx 3. xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx 4. xxxx xxxx xxxx 5. xxxx I want to return all records except #3. Because it has all of the values. I only want to see records missing a value. I tried to use. IS NULL in each Field in Design View (under OR not CRITERIA), but it keeps returning everything. Thanks in advance At the bootom...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

choice selection button in a cell
Hi, I need to have a choice/radio button in a cell, wherein the user can just choose only one option instead of choosing from the drop down menu that appears against a cell when data validation method is used. Ex : User has to choose one of the 3 options shown in a cell. Can someone in this forum share the knowledge of how to go about achieving the same ? my skills are very limited and have only used the existing functions in xls. -- jkkumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jkkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Cell acting funny...
Hey Ya'll! I have a cell that is merged from 14 rows and 8 columns basically the whole sheet of regular size paper, from left to right. have 3 paragraphs typed and there is enough room to fit all of th words. But for some reason, excel is letting the last 29 words kee going to the right (off the page, behind the other cells), instead o wrapping as all the other words in this cell did, and as I formatte this cell to do. Any ideas as to what's going on and how I can fix it Thanks in advance -- Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roz's Pro...

Worksheet tab protection #2
Is there a way to individually protect each worksheet, so that you have to type in the password to be able to view the data. I would be nice to be able to create worksheets and give certain groups of people only access to their portion of data in the workbook. ...

How do I combine different worksheets into one book?
I have several worksheets using same template for excel, how do I form one workbook and import all these seperate sheets into it?? one way: open each workbook and right click on the sheet name you want. copy or move then select a new workbook and make a copy. HTH "Madcat" wrote: > I have several worksheets using same template for excel, how do I form one > workbook and import all these seperate sheets into it?? > ...

Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please
Hi, I have a column with say 100 cells. There are several 0s in this column. What is the conditional formula to put ONLY the values different from 0 to another column whitout cells with false or white spaces? Thanks -- excel_guest ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel_guest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553539 if(A1="0","",A1) -- Mallycat ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel worksheets in asp.net
I have a process to send data to Excel in a browser window from both a server control and via dataset code. I would like to create multiple worksheets (tabs in lower part of Excel spreadsheet) in one xls file. Is that possible? Below is a sample of code I am using to dump to Excel. Thanks. Sub ExportDataSetToExcel(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) strExcelSQL = "mc_selPeopleSearchHomeExcel" Response.Clear() Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.excel" Response.Charset = "us-ascii" Response...

Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked
Hello If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can get... e.g. If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way: Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them. Name them to match the values in A1:A5. Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of the formulabar) and hit enter. After all 5...

Cell formulas display "0" (zero's)
How can I get excel to not display a 0 (zero) in a cell with a simple calculation like: Z3+A4. I don't want the cells to display zeros before it displays the calculation when entries are made into the formula cells and I don't want to have to make the entries white to hide them. There's gotta be a way to not show this value. My thanks Lenny Maybe this: =IF(Z3+A4<>0,Z3+A4,"") Regards, Per "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:6874E613-EC29-4475-BA96-5E67BB53AFA3@microsoft.com... > How can...

Display count of characters in a cell while typing.
Not sure if this should be here or in the worksheet.functions newsgroup but I think here is a safe spot. As a user types text into a cell I would like to have another cell display the number of characters that are currently in it. The count has to be 'live', meaning that as the person is typing the counter is updating, not simply updating after the user has pressed 'Enter'. Alternately, a count-down counter would be even nicer ;-) Suggestions? Search brought up nothing. -- Toby Erkson Oregon, USA Excel 2002 in Windows XP Hi not really possible as macros don&#...

Calculate/Circular Reference Problem
I'm using Excel 97and I have a worksheet with many large matrices and a few user defined functions. When I open the worksheet, I get a circular refence message saying" Excel cannot calculate a formula. The circular reference is in an open workbook, but the refernces that cause it cannot be listed for you..." After looking at all the open worksheets no cell was identified that was causing the problem. So, I then proceed to recalculate the sheet with <crtl><alt><f9>, that seems to solve the problem, because, "circular" dissappeared from the status ba...

Help on locking cells
I created a form-like version in Excel where a certain number of cells allow input similar to the sample template that came with Excel called "ExpenseStatement", the TOTAL field is locked and a formula is associated with it. I wanted to replicate the feature of the TOTAL field on my form, by going through each cell and assigning which ones are locked and unlocked and protecting the sheet. But whenever I click on the LOCKED field it kept giving me a message of "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". Is there another setup I need t...

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Circular reference "help"
Sometimes I accidentally type a formula which sets up a circular reference. Excel brings up the Circular reference toolbar, and thats fine. However, Excel always wants to open Explorer and give me some help tips, which takes some time. I know what a circular reference is and how to correct it. I like Excel to tell me when I have one (hence the toolbar), however, I don't need the office "help" to load (this takes 20-30 seconds to load this "help"). Is there a setting to stop this "help" from loading? ... Help! Sorry, I am running Excel 200 ----- Jo...

How do I create very small graphics in ONE cell?
I have data like following and I want to creat a line or 3 bars to reflect the numbers in ONE cell so that people can quicky scan through the trend. 3,225 2,356 1,087 I tried wizard but it doesn't look good when you minimize it. I tried autoshape but couldn't let the ahotopshap connect to the numbers. My boss said he has seen people do this before. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! There's a couple of ways to go. The first is to adapt the idea behind Using Worksheet Cells to simulate a graph http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/worksheet_as_chart...

reference a chart from another worksheet witha hyperlink
Dear experts, would like to reference a chartsheet form another worksheet of the same workbook (to put an explanation of what each chart in the workbook does, put the name of the chart aside, on which you can click to go directly on that chart). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Valeria - You can't hyperlink to a chart sheet, as you've discovered. You can fake it with a simple macro, as described in the Charting FAQ: http...

Autoincrementing cell in Template
I am currently creating a template. My final stumbling block is creating an auto incrementing cell in the template. What I want to happen is that every time the template is opened, the next sequential number fills in the cell. The format I am looking for is basically yy-#####. For example, the first time it is used this year, it would assign the cell to 04-00001, followed by 04-00002, etc. I am lost on how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Andy -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last ...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Copying spinners for each cell in Excel 2003?
I have an inventory tracking sheet that keeps track of my inventory. I've added in a spinner control to increase/decrease a value in a certain cell. In my worksheet, the value is located in column E, and the spinner control is in column F. I have about 200 spinners to add, and need to fill down the links to it's adjacent cell. I found something related to checkboxes, but how do I adapt it for the spinner control? The first value is in E3, and the first spinner is in F3. Create 200 spiners in F3:F203 and link to E3:E203 Sub add_spinners_and_links() Dim myRng As Range Dim Spnr...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells
Hi, Using the Formulae below, I can obtain the required data from the Columns in a non-filtered state. Column T: =IF(COUNTIF($V$10:$V10,$V11),COUNTA(INDIRECT("V"&U11+1&":V"&ROW()))-1,COUNTA($V$10:$V10)) Column U (helper column): =MAX(IF($V$10:$V10=$V11,ROW($V$10:$V10))) Column V: Text Data However, I also need to retrieve filtered data, and so require Formulae that will take into account Filtered Visible Cells and not the Non-Filtered data in the columns. Can the formulae be adapted to work on Filtered Visible Cells. Thanks Tin� -- Tin� --------------...

Hyperlink to cell within the same Workbook
I Have a workbook with about 30 sheets, I named cells contained essential information. With so many sheets I decided to make another one and I call it Summary. In this sheet I created a search with 3 droplists that are linked to functions. Know I need make a link to the cell that contains the result of my search, so I can see the items that have contributed for the result. I have tried the funtion "Hyperlink" but it only works with files or url and I can't make it work within the workbook. How can I make a hyperlink within an workbook? Make an hyperlink to a cell in a...