Workbook open code to do 2 things

Hi,

I originally had the following in ThisWorkbook

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim sht As Worksheet
Const TopLeft As String = "a2"
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
 For Each sht In Worksheets
    Application.Goto sht.Range(TopLeft), Scroll:=True
        sht.Protect Password:="*gwb", _
        UserInterFaceOnly:=True
        Next sht

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Now I'm trying to make users enable macros by hiding sheets.

Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("STEP 1").Visible = True

and so on for approx twenty sheets before the For each bit. I was intending
to make an array of sheets that  I can make visible but I can't get both bits
of the macro working at the same time as I get a runtime error.

Is it because I also have some sheets in the workbook that are hidden
normally or because of the very hidden sheet?

Any ideas on what I need to do would be brilliant!

Cheers

Try putting your Sheet visibility stuff after the For each sheet loop.

You could also use a select case within the For each sheet loop like this
Select Case sht.Name
     Case "Sheet1", "Step 1"
         sht.Visible=True
     Case "Warning"
        sht.Visible = xlVeryHidden
 End Select

If most sheets are visible and stay that way you could shorten it up even
more like this (and not have to type each sheet name

Select Case sht.Name
     Case "Warning"
        sht.Visible = xlVeryHidden
     Case Else
        sht.Visible=True
 End Select

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Diddy" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I originally had the following in ThisWorkbook
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> Dim sht As Worksheet
> Const TopLeft As String = "a2"
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>  For Each sht In Worksheets
>     Application.Goto sht.Range(TopLeft), Scroll:=True
>         sht.Protect Password:="*gwb", _
>         UserInterFaceOnly:=True
>         Next sht
>
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> Sheets("Sheet1").Select
>
> Now I'm trying to make users enable macros by hiding sheets.
>
> Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
> Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVeryHidden
> Sheets("STEP 1").Visible = True
>
> and so on for approx twenty sheets before the For each bit. I was intending
> to make an array of sheets that  I can make visible but I can't get both bits
> of the macro working at the same time as I get a runtime error.
>
> Is it because I also have some sheets in the workbook that are hidden
> normally or because of the very hidden sheet?
>
> Any ideas on what I need to do would be brilliant!
>
> Cheers

parsing a date and time field #2

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

RMS Status Codes
Just wondering if anyone has a list of what the RMS Batch.Status codes 0-15 mean? I can't find them defined anywhere. I'm specifically looking at how to identify Blind Closes so I don't count them in totals until they'e been closed. Thanks! -Zim There is a Knowledge Base Article that covers the different Batch Status codes from 0 - 31. Just search for 'batch status codes' -- Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Zim" <Zim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72515DB-AD45-4C7D-B8DE-0A18E4A6D0D0@micr...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Macro

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns