Will my 32-bit Add-in work in 64-bit Windows?

Hi,

I have an Excel add-in that uses MSXML v3.0 for reading/writing XML
files. It also uses a few libraries, including Microsoft Office
Runtime, OLE Automation, Excel Object Library, etc. The add-in was
developed in (and works fine on) Windows XP Professional (32-bit),
Excel 2000.

Would like to know if this add-in would work fine on a PC with Windows
XP Professional (64-bit) and Excel 2000 (9.0.8980 SP-3).
Will I have to modify any aspects of my code, such as the XML function
calls?

Thank you,
Shankar
0
shanks

Outlook 2002 Tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. Thanks Howard ...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Vendor Notes Window in Payables Management
We would like a Notes Window for Payable Management Vendors like the one available for Collections Management Main Window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9...

Opening outlook opens work
I have Office 2003 and upon opening outlook, the framework and border for word opens over it. The word window has no tool bars or other functionallity as when word itself is opened. I can close this window and outlook is there and functional, but this is frustrating. I can't figure out what is starting it up. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken First, try creating a new mai profile under Control Panel, Mail Icon. If that does not work, then try running Detect and Repair from the Help Menu of any Office program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

How do I add every few cells
How do I add cell B7, B10, B13 (every 3 cells up to 500+)? Note: The other cells such as B6 and B9 have other forumlas and info that is not to be included). I did this manually but the formula has now gotten so long that I get an error saying "formula too long". So I figured, there must be a shorter formula that just adds every 3 (or whatever designated) cells starting with one cell and ending with another. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((MOD(ROW(B7:B500)-1,3)=0)*(B7:B500)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so...

CubeCellValue add-in
can anyone give be a general break-down on what the CubeCellValu function is and how it is used? and maybe the link to a download -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38399 bump..... -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645...

windows 2007 power point
I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be able to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing immediately with the presentation without them having to go to power point and hit slide show etc. How do I do that? "Susanne" <Susanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19FA37A-4199-4E8F-BE7D-993F61647352@microsoft.com... > I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be > able > to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing > immediately wit...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

Smart List export not working
When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently loaded'. I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not read only. exp1493.dic is also there. This is GP 80 On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:52:42 -0700, "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, >I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently >loaded'. > >I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not >read only. exp1493.dic is also th...

desparately need help
i installed the camera icon on the QAT last week and experimented with it. got the message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". Now i get that message on every file and every time a enter something in a cell. i have removed the camera icon and have re-booted but am still having trouble. thanks in advance -- aprilshowers ...

Sending via secure SMTP suddenly stops working
Greetings, I'm experiencing a strange problem with outgoing email via secure SMTP. After working perfectly, suddenly I can't send mail any longer. Outlook says that the SMTP server does not support SSL (don't have the exact error message). Usually, changing to another SMTP port number (I have two alternate ports I can use) and rebooting fixes the problem. This problem only appears with Outlook and Outlook Express - not with any of the Mozilla mail clients, Mulberry, or Eudora. Any ideas? /POL Outlook Express and Outlook only support secure smtp on the deprecated port 46...

Windows XP Pro
!. SQL SP 3 wont install 2. Microsoft Lifecam VX 1000 wont work, software loaded but wont detect cam 3. Lexmark Printer 3500-4500 series again software loaded but wont detect printer any help appreciated >!. SQL SP 3 wont install >2. Microsoft Lifecam VX 1000 wont work, software loaded but wont detect cam >3. Lexmark Printer 3500-4500 series again software loaded but wont detect >printer >any help appreciated Did you install the Intel Chipset drivers? - Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] Does youre pc have SQL server installed....Also,with hardware,one should instal...

"Customize Outlook Today" stopped working
After downloading a recent security patch from the MS website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my Outlook Today main screen no longer works - I click it and nothing happens. I've tried a repair of the install - no good. I'd rather not have to remove and reinstall the entire Office suite. Any ideas? Thanks. This has happened to me also. Would appreciate any help. >-----Original Message----- >After downloading a recent security patch from the MS >website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my >Outlook Today main screen no longer wo...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

transfer an excel work sheet to Paint #3
hello, i am writing a computer assignment for university. So we are asked to give anb instruction to how to use the excel. now i would need to know how to copy parts of the excel work book to word or paint so i can show the users where to go to... it's so urgent.... the submission is in an hour!!! i would appreciate your help guys. see ya ...

Default Recipent Policy Not Working....
Hi This is an odd one... We have a single Exchange 2000 server with about 40 users in one domain... Never had any problems with things before but, I've just added a new user to AD and clicked on "Create Email Address" (just as I normally do...) and the mailbox seems to have been created (but I can't see it in Exchange Administrator..?). Also the address is not shown in the GAL and the Default Recipient Policy which establishes and Email address and X400 address does not seem to have worked...? I can send an email to the newly created address, but I cannot configure Outloo...

How do I change the booking window?
I am trying to enter a recurring meeting beyond 1 year and it declines saying "I've gone beyond the booking window," which seems to be 1 year from the start date. Is there anyway to change this to 2 years or anything beyond 1 year? Thanks for any help. The admin needs to change it on the server. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/book180.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Office Updater 2008 Stops working
Installed MAC Office 2008 on new brand new MAC Book Office 2008 was student version from PTC, Imediately after installation it asked if you wanted to install SP1 and I said yes after I closed all the open programs. It stalled almost immediately with the progress bar showing only about 1/16" of progress. It has been stuck there for 2 days and if I try to close the dialog box for SP1 installer it says Installer is busy and does not close. wegierski wrote: >Installed MAC Office 2008 on new brand new MAC Book >Office 2008 was student version from PTC, Imediately after installation it ...

Running an old version of Microsoft Money on Windows 98
I have an old disk which came with my original computer running windows 95. I would like to download Microsoft Money from the support disk to my current computer with windows 98. When I load the disk into my E drive, I get an error message that file VBRUN300.dill cannot be found. I downloaded VBRUN300.exe from the MSN download site, the disk still will not run and I get the same message. Any suggestions? You can't just "download," you must "install" or "setup." It is entirely possible that the support CD that came with your Win95 computer WAS NOT DE...

outlook 2003, using windows xp professional and a small business e
hello, we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? which data will actually get sent to the pda, ie: addresses, calenders, to do's??? thank you, henry Depends on the sync software used with your PDA. "henry" <henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F126E82-FD11-4D2A-AFD9-5991034214C2@microsoft.com... > hello, > we are using this version as a contact managing data base and are looking to > add on a pda. which pda's do you think will work best? >...

Adding a Toolbar window into a MDI frame window
Hi, I'm actually writing a CLIENT/SERVER TCP/IPv6 application, under Microsoft Visual Studio C++. In which the SERVER is a file server application and the CLIENT is a "Multiple Document Interface (MDI)" and "RichEdit Text" application that can open multiple files from the server. I would like to add a Toolbar window into my MDI frame window, to do this, I've created the Toolbar window with the "CreateToolBarEx" function. But the created Toolbar window is located in the client area of the MDI frame window and each time a new MDI child window is created t...

How can I resize/restore the File > Save As window?
Somehow I have managed to expand the File | Save As window such that it now fills the whole screen. This only affects Excel (2007). There is no minimise button, and I cannot see the bottom RH corner to grab it and resize the window and I cannot get hold of any edge of the window to move it. How can I resize/restore the File > Save As window? TIA. Chris. Try double-click on the Title Bar Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:18:15 -0000, "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >Somehow I have managed t...

add microsoft exchange sever
I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control pannel. which is not present. What OS are you using? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, bb asked: | I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new | e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control | pannel. which is not present. ...