What is NNTP Server Name?

I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I input
for Internet News Server Name?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Fed up with WebNews ?

msnews.microsoft.com

Regards,
Peter T

"Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I
> input
> for Internet News Server Name?
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan

0
Peter
1/22/2010 9:07:18 PM
Ryan,

I don't believe it works like that. To use Outlook Express your ISP must
host the newsgroups and you access them via your ISP's news server.

If you have Windows Mail the the server is

msnews.microsoft.com

--
Mike

question.

"Ryan H" wrote:

> I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I input
> for Internet News Server Name?
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan
Ryan,

ignore that load of nonsense, you can use

msnews.microsoft.com

with outlook express regardless of your ISP
--
Mike

question.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> I don't believe it works like that. To use Outlook Express your ISP must
> host the newsgroups and you access them via your ISP's news server.
>
> If you have Windows Mail the the server is
>
> msnews.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Ryan H" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I input
> > for Internet News Server Name?
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Ryan
In fact I just set it up and this is from Outloo express
"Mike H" <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ryan,
>
> I don't believe it works like that. To use Outlook Express your ISP must
> host the newsgroups and you access them via your ISP's news server.
>
> If you have Windows Mail the the server is
>
> msnews.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Ryan H" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I
>> input
>> for Internet News Server Name?
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Ryan

0
Mike
1/22/2010 9:15:28 PM
No problem to set up an account in Outlook Express with
'msnews.microsoft.com' as the server.

Regards,
Peter T

"Mike H" <MikeH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ryan,
>
> I don't believe it works like that. To use Outlook Express your ISP must
> host the newsgroups and you access them via your ISP's news server.
>
> If you have Windows Mail the the server is
>
> msnews.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Ryan H" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to setup my Outlook Express to view this forum.  What do I
>> input
>> for Internet News Server Name?
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Ryan

0
Peter

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

save message on server
Outlook keeps defaulting back to option for saving a copy of messages on the mail server. I uncheck this option in advance email settings, but it keeps coming back as checked when machine is rebooted. Do you know what causes this? ...

Server name
How can I find out the name of my server? I need it to install Outlook. Hi Jodi, which server? The POP3, SMTP, the Exchange?.... -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de .. Hi - nobody here will be able to tell you that. Contact your mail administrator or ISP for this information. Jodi wrote: > How can I find out the name of my server? I need it to > install Outlook. ...

USER NAMES
Hi, Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names. The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1, telesales 2 etc. Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues with MS CRM and this intended approach? Best regards Lee Lee, As long as these users are truly uni...

Time server error
Hi, I get this error when I do dcdiag. Everything else is fine and the server is able to synchronize the time correctly (and the workstations are able to sync with the local pdc server). What could be wrong? Starting test: FsmoCheck Warning: DcGetDcName(TIME_SERVER) call failed, error 1355 A Time Server could not be located. The server holding the PDC role is down. Warning: DcGetDcName(GOOD_TIME_SERVER_PREFERRED) call failed, error 1355 A Good Time Server could not be located. ......................... MyOrganization.lo...

name box reseting
does anybody know how to reset the indexing sequence for inserte pictures in the name box on the top left next to the formula bar -- lrod184 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lrod1843's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37945 If I close and reopen the workbook, the sequencing seems to start over. But maybe just renaming the pictures (to something significant) would be better. Select the picture and type the name in the namebox. (Remembe...

Fax server
Hello All, I have been asked to look at what it would take to setup a Fax server in our organization. Right now, we do not send many faxes, but we do receive approximately 3500 pages in faxes a month. We want to move away from the old standalone fax machines and into a server type environment, where all of the faxes are delivered to an email inbox. Does Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 as a combination allow for this? If so, do I need to use the Enterprise Edition? Or, does Standard have this functionality? We have looked at RightFax, GFI FaxMaker, and several other products, as well as sol...

Problem when using send to -> as attachment and having the email NOT use the exchange server
We are using Outlook 2003 with both a POP3 account (the main email address for my library) and an exchange account that is only used for town communications. When we go into an office document and pick send to -> email as attachment the email always sends through the exchange account. We have set the POP3 account as default, gone into tools -> options -> send/recieve -> group accounts and told the exchange account to NOT send emails, and in the email itself we tell it specifically to use the POP3 account and it still sends the email with the exchnage server. Does anyone know how...

Cannot open long file names
Weird glitch when upgrading Win 98 machine to XPPro - Excel will now not open any file name with 27 characters (not including the '.xls suffix') or longer. The error message asks to check file location & spelling. If filename is shortened to 26 characters or less - opens fine. However, after a Excel 97 reinstall, a long file name opened (1st file opened) but excel returned an error along the lines of 'you cannot open more than 1 file with the same name at a time' & on trying to open another long file name, the same error as above. These 'long files' open okay ...

Will not resolve name / password
was not sure where to post this... since yesterday i have not been able to retrieve my email with outlook and MSN I can go though HOTMAIL ( WEB) and get my MSN email anyone else haveing an issue if you use MSN & OUTLOOK.. i have reset the act 3x ... it wwas working fine yesterday morning... here is the error... Task 'MSN - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC18) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login with Secure Password Authentication. Verify your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.' Thanks David Hi David here you could fi...

Change Full name format to First Last Middle ??
Hi, need to set the name format to First Last Middle but the CRM setting do not cater for that. can anyone assist in the setting? is it possible to add that option in? Thanks in advance On Feb 14, 1:25 pm, dreamerz <dream...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > need to set the name format to First Last Middle > but the CRM setting do not cater for that. > can anyone assist in the setting? > is it possible to add that option in? > > Thanks in advance Hi, i m someone working on MS CRM from its first version. if u need any help on MS CRM, u can contact me...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

Automated Data Migration from Sql Server 2005
Hello Everybody, I am having the following requirement : It is required to transfer data from Sql Server 2005 to Microsoft CRM Server 3.0 on daily basis and in some cases weekly basis. This should be done without Manual interaction. Can anybody suggest me How to do so ? Thanks in advance. Hi, If somebody can tell me if SDK or Data Migration Pack Can be useful in this context. Thanks "Misha" wrote: > Hello Everybody, > > I am having the following requirement : > > It is required to transfer data from Sql Server 2005 to Microsoft CRM Server > 3.0 on da...

name checking
In outlook, A user clicked "TO" and selected some (15) contacts to send a email out. After he clicked send it wanted to choose the correct name. I checked his contacts and all had the correct email addresses. When I tried I could not get the same results. It worked with no errors. So what could have caused this? Thanks Daniel ...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

how to move exchange 5.5 mailboxes to exchange 2003 on new server
hi we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 we want ntserver and exchange 5.5 mailboxes,public folders, databases move to exchange 2003 on the new server. how to can i do? Well thanks Check this doc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&displaylang=en "Selcuk ARSLAN" wrote: > hi > we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy > three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 > w...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Removing last Exchange 2003 server after migration to Exchange 2007
We've just completed a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and I'm going to have to start thinking about removing the last Exchange 2003 server, which was also the first Exchange 2003 server that was installed. There are no user mailboxes left on the Exchange 2003 server although there are still replicas of public folders, we're still using Outloook 2003 if that makes a difference. I'm sort of expecting issues with Default Offline Address list, public folders, the Exchange 2007 / Exchange 2003 connector and probably some stuff that needs to be manually deleted...

Name mapping?
i didn't know where to put this, so it's going in general. I'm making a shell database program. i'll be using the database for different customers but the same value types will be used. i'll have values like Analog1, analog2, analog3.....digita1, digital2, digital3, Parameter1, Parameter2, and the like for times, dates, text fields. The reasoning behind this is there is another program that will dump the data into the DB, and we're trying to standardize taht, so we write one data dump, and have a good DB shel that we can make reports/forms for each project. now...

Different Names Count
Hi guys Hope someone can help Here is an example of what I am trying to do Cell range A1 - A12 Bob James Jill George Tracy Mike Bob Philip Graham Jack James Bob Different names = 9 Ignore repeated names, except once What formula would I need to put in cell A13 to give me this figure? Thank you in advanced Ravi Sandhu One way: A13: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A12<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A12,A1:A12&"")) In article <t0BXc.469$ZC5.190@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, "Ravi Sandhu" <ravisandhu@mail.com> wrote: > Hi guys > > Hope someone can help ...

SMTP using TLS and non-standard port
How do I set up Exchange Server so that messages to a certain domain are sent to a designated smart host using TLS and not using port 25? i.e. all messages to domain COMPANY-NAME.CN must go to host MX.COMPANY-NAME.CN on port 925, be authenticated with a particular username and password and have to issue the STARTTLS command before submitting messages. I am stuck on the exact combination of virtual servers and SMTP connectors required to make this work, my efforts so far have failed. Please help, thanks! Try this: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/04/429090.aspx /Simon &...

Worksheet has corrupt name after download of csv
I am offering visitors of a website the possibilty to download a csv formatted file of data. Visitors may normally choose to save the download or to open it directly with Excel. I have noticed that if they choose to open it, the Worksheet will have a name containing brackets, which is considered invalid by Excel and this prevents users to: 1) rename the woksheet 2) use the data in the sheet for reference form other sheets, for pivot tables, e.t.c. If the file is suqsequently saved, the worksheet is renamed and all works fine. Below is a sample that reproduces the behaviour: 1. Start VS.NET a...

2 exchange servers #4
i'm not running any risks by putting my 2 exchange servers on the same network. The other is a test server on a different domain and different subnet. I'm planning on putting second nic in it to have it on the main network for a short period of time. They both have different organization names and storage group names. Thanks No problem at all. I had a recovery Ex server different forest\Ex org on same network with no prob if that makes you feel comfortable :) James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com mikea wrote: > i'm not running any risks by p...

Linking Names with Codes
I want to set up a facility whereby when I type a name in one column the code for that person automatically comes up in another column. Please help. Maura Dublin Ireland Hi Maura See Debra's page http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html on how to set this up. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Maura" <magzerflood@eircom.net> skrev i melding news:2e1a01c51efc$55babb20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to set up a facility whereby when I type a name in > one column the code for that person automatically comes > up in another column. Please help. > > Maura > D...

starttls problem with smtp virtual server
Hello, So I have an exchange 2003 install (on a windows 2000 machine, which I believe to be the root of all my problems), and it has 2 virtual smtp interfaces, each with its own internal ip. One is for people to use when out of the office, the other is for internal use and conectivity to the smart-host. Out of office emailing is accomplished via owa, or imap+smtp. Lastly, the exchange server exists as a domain controller in the domain that all the users are also in. Now heres the problem. Starttls does not seem to work from machines in the domain. When you hit the smtp interface from the ou...