Want to create a file open box using a dialog box

I would like to create a file open box using a dialog box, but am not
familiar with VBA. Is there a simple solution which will allow me to change
the box header and place notes within the box itself?? Sorry for the
ignorance.

Truely,
Mindless Mike

Hi Mike

Header yes, notes no:

Sub test()
Dim V As Variant
V = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Go on pick one")
If V = False Then Exit Sub 'cancelled
MsgBox "You chose " & CStr(V)
'note that it doesn't open the file, VBA must open it if desired
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"HpyTrvlr69" <HpyTrvlr69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to create a file open box using a dialog box, but am not
> familiar with VBA. Is there a simple solution which will allow me to
> change
> the box header and place notes within the box itself?? Sorry for the
> ignorance.
>
> Truely,
> Mindless Mike

0
Harald

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

owa cant open ppt attachments