VBA Password Workaround

Hi,

Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA
password in a workbook.

I have tried a Hex editor but keep getting different string lengths for the
comparison strings between the password protected VBA code and the overlay
workbook.

Thx

Check out the below link
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Wet Pimple" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA
> password in a workbook.
>
> I have tried a Hex editor but keep getting different string lengths for the
> comparison strings between the password protected VBA code and the overlay
> workbook.
>
> Thx
I don't know about any free software but a hex editor can work.

Not easy but can work.

See John McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:17:02 -0800, Wet Pimple <Wet
Pimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA
>password in a workbook.
>
>I have tried a Hex editor but keep getting different string lengths for the
>comparison strings between the password protected VBA code and the overlay
>workbook.
>
>Thx

0
Gord

Clicking a button via VBA
Hi, I am trying to (using VBA), open a form, populate a combo box, and then clicka button on the newly opened form... I have tried the following: DoCmd.OpenForm "frm01_Services" Forms.frm01_Services.cmbServer.Value = Me!Server Forms.frm01_Services.cmdGetServicesData.SetFocus Forms!frm01_Services.cmbserver_Click <<-----Error Line # 3 bombs - is there a function in access that allows me to do this? Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D93ED041-DBA6-4DC...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

I know why my fonts are changing! Workaround?
I posted yesterday that replies from people using Eudora come back in a different font (Times New Roman) than I sent them out. I've researched and discovered this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223878 Outlook changes the font to Times New Roman 10pt whenever a message changes from Plain Text to HTML even if it isn't the default HTML font. Somewhere in the process of send/receive/reply/receive this must be happening. I'm sure this has been addressed here before since the article is for OL2000, but I've been using Eudora so this is the first...

How to change .attachedtemplate from VBA in Word 2007
I have a template that I created in Word 2003. It has a number of macros. One, which allows the user to save a copy of the active document assigns Normal.Dot as the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate before saving, so that the macros from the working template are not saved in the copy. The problem now is that when I run this macro in Word 2007, the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate takes place immediately and breaks the macro code that was assigning the template and saving the document. Is there a way to keep the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate action from happening immediately...

Password not recognized after Hard Drive Failure
I had a major failure of the hard drive that contains my operating system (XP Professional) I replaced the drive reinstalled the operating system and Money 2000 Personal and Business. Money files were kept on separate drive that was not affected by OS drive failure. I am unable to open Money files or restore Back-ups. Money requests a password and the password used does not work. I have nearly 10 years of data in money and archived fiels. Am I cooked or is there a way to recover these files. HELP !? In microsoft.public.money, Diesel Driver wrote: >I had a major failure of the hard ...

VBA, Changing Datafield Name
Hi ALL This is my first post, so excuse me for any faux pas on etiquette. I'm creating various pivot tables by VBA code. For each datafield I change the name so that the columns would not be too wide, and so that I don't get the "Sum of " thing. My methodolgy of changing the name relies on the datafield starting with 'Somme' (Note that I use French excel). I notice that Excel 02 has 'Somme de ' meaning that my code comes to a halt. I have stuck in a few lines of 'IF' statements relating to Excel version to remedy this. However, this is not all encom...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

Running a query against a password protected spreadsheet
I used to be able to run an access query against a linked excel spreadsheet and update information in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is now password protected, and although I can run the query against it OK, I can no longer update data in it. Does anyone have any solution to this. Regards Steve What version of Access and how long ago were you able to do this? The reason that I ask is that Microsoft lost a patent lawsuit a few years ago on updating linked Excel worksheets from Access. I believe that they blocked this ability from Access 2002 and newer. http://support...

Password Issue #5
I have Money Plus. I have not been able to login because I get the error message that the file Money is trying to open is password protected. Before this issue started to happen, I my Live ID / Password were the same for both Money and Hotmail. I have tried all of my old passwords, non of them have worked. I event updated my Live ID password, but that did not work. Now what? Thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, bond007jms wrote: >I have Money Plus. I have not been able to login because I get the error >message that the file Money is trying to open is password protected. Before &...

If Stmt; VBA Code; Reference to Cell Value
Excel 2003 Need VBA syntax/Code to: 1)obtain a CellValue 2) If CellValue <> 0 Print Routine (I have got this OK) Endif Note: As new rows are entered into the Worksheet the the cell containing the SubTotal value that I wish to use as CellValue - moves on the W/S. But how to represent that in VBA? Example: "$D$32" or "D32" or ?? TIA Dennis Dennis, It depends on what cell you want to read. If the cell is fixed, use code like Dim V As Variant V = Range("A1").Value If V <> 0 Then ' your code here End If If the cell's locat...

SUM IN VBA
hello, I need help to create a VBA formula that would add all the rows in column "M" from M11 all the way down until there's an empty row ? Thanks, sub macro() dim rng as range Set rng = Range(Cells(11, 13), Cells(11, 13).End(xlDown)) atotal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(rng) ' ' put the total wherver you want it ' Cells(1, 1).Value = atotal end su -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

outlook mail passwords
I can't get the passwords to stay in the accounts setup for email For Outlook 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 (check the second line here for your mode: Help menu > About): Corporate/Workgroup mode: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 Internet Mail Only mode: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

Outlook will not remember password
Just upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003 and now outlook will not remember password, everytime send/recieve starts it asks for it again. Have tried everything including deleting and reinstaling Office. Please Help! For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express)...

Macro Password
Hello, Is there any way we can crack the password assigned to any macro to hide the vb program text from viewing by any body else. I have a macro prepared by me which was protected by password and now I am not able to remember the same. Please help me if there is any solution to it............. Cheers, Mandeep Dhami http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm#order -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Mandeep Dhami" <MandeepDhami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3636599-6488-4BFF-95A3-E4421AE1E18C@microsoft.com... > H...

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

OL2003 and EXCH2003: Getting continually challenged for password
I have two users who are on the same store that have just recently been getting challenged every time they try to connect to Outlook, particularly over dial-up. Even if they enter username/password/domain, they still get challenged again. I've seen other threads on this issue, but I wanted to ask: Is there anything about the store that these two users are on that I might want to look at? ...

Password issues -- Money 2005 vs. Windows Live/Passport
Money 2005 decided earlier today to stop accepting the memorized password attached to it (I'm the only person using this machine). It appears that I'd accidentally updated/replaced the password when I recently acquired broadband access and MSN, thereby converting to a Windows Live ID from the prior Passport one. So I went through the process of resetting the password via the Web. Well and good, or so I thought. Except -- I created a password that the Web system classed as Strong (thus, not all the characters are alphanumeric), and when I typed *that* into the Money 2005 sign...

Some newbie Outlook/VBA questions
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 under Windows 98, and have just discovered this group after wanting to tweak Outlook more than I had previously. Some of the questions below might be covered in the archives, but after trawling for them for over an hour, I thougt it might be easier just to get some local knowledge from an MVP and/or a point in the right direction. 1. Is Ken Slovak's page (www.slovaktech.com) still at that location? His reminder and other tools sounds absolutely perfect for some of my requirements. If not, if someone has copies of his programs and they are still freewar...

How to "Remember Password" ??
I've recently installed WindowsXP Professional and Microsoft Office 2002 on my new machine. Every time I log onto Outlook, it prompts me to re-enter the passwords for each account, depite the fact that I continually select "Remember Password". In the menu: Tools> E-mail Accounts> View/Change Accounts> Under "Logon Information", below User Name, and Password, I have checked "Remember Password." I've never had this problem before. Does it have something to do with a setting in Windows?? I can't figure it out. thanks See if this ...

how to zip a file from VBA
Hi, I would like to write a code that will zip a file. I would like to be able to specify the source file (e.g. Data.txt) and specify the name of the zip file (e.g. Data.zip). How can I do this? I am using access 2007. thanks! http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3835766/Working-with-Compressed-zipped-folders-in-MS-Access.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:eXdcLuyqKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >...

Selection lost with VBA
[Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] I have an Excel 2000 sheet with a CommandButton. I wrote a line of VBA which move the CommandButton in the row of the selected cell (when I change the row, the button is always visible). When I select a cell for copy and then I change the row, Excel lost the selection and I can't past the cell. Any suggestion? Thanks Cristiano What is your code? HTH Bob "Cristiano" <cristiano.pi@NSquipo.it> wrote in message news:4b524742@news.x-privat.org... > [Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] ...

Password Money 2005
Can I work with Money 2005 without beeing conected to the internet.? And without a .Net account? You can use it standalone, if you don't want to use any online bits. It might try and dial out a lot if you try to use online bits. However you'll need to track your accounts totally manually in this case. I don't use a .NET passport on my file, just use a standard one. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use ...

Recognize a chart-datapoint for use in vba
Hello there, I would like be able to start a VBA-Procedure, when the mouse pointer hovers over a certain data point in a chart (XL 2003). Obviously, XL knows when the cursor "touches" a data point, since it displays a tool tip with its values. Can I, and if so how, make use of that XL-side trapping of spots under the mouse to harness it for a macro ? Thank you in advance. Kind regards, H.G. Lamy Hi H. Maybe Jon's example will give a starting point. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html#PointInfo) hglamy wrote: > Hello there, > > I ...

VBA Code to reference Writeoff Amount
Hi, I'm relatively new to VBA. I am trying to write a script that can look at a client's maximum writeoff amount (this is where we store the limit on individual invoice amounts) and if the amount of the SOP document is greater than the credit limit then assign a hold to the document. I am having trouble getting the calculation to work. Does anyone know if this is possible, or perhaps a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Thank you in advance for any help!! Monic On Sep 21, 4:41=A0pm, Clooney161 <Clooney...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Lost Word Password
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there any software out there that can crack my own passwords on a couple of older word docs? I stupidly cannot remember where I wrote this password down! I can only locate software that works for PC's but nothing for the MAC. HELP! Re if there is software "out there", some people say there is. I'd like to think that with a strong enough password there is no software or hardware out there that will crack it. that's the point of encryption. Your are probably out of luck even if you c...