VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

All,

I have been able to correct to my database but I have one question
question:

Within objSession I want to list all available tables and all
available views.
How exactly is this done?

thank you.

Set objSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
Set objDatabase = objSession.OpenDatabase("", "User/Pass", 0)
0
jason

On Nov 16, 12:05=A0pm, jason <jason.mell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been able to correct to my database but I have one question
> question:
>
> Within objSession I want to list all available tables and all
> available views.
> How exactly is this done?
>
> thank you.
>
> Set objSession =3D CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
> Set objDatabase =3D objSession.OpenDatabase("", "User/Pass", 0)

figured it out quick and dirty:
 Sql =3D "SELECT table_name FROM user_tables"
0
jason

Two network interface cards problem
Hi, In my machine,I have two network iterface cards.One for Internet,and the other for local area network.I want to bind the second card to send and receive data with UDP.I have try to use bind() function to bind its IP address,but failed because sometimes I can receive data.Who can help me,thanks in advance. bind() does not bind an IP address; it binds a port number, and "binding" means "publishes to the Internet as a connectable port number". There have been previous discussions of how to make a port available only on a particular network segment, but as far as I kn...

Macro Button Question
Heya All, I am trying to insert and delete rows using macros. Ive assigned the Macro to a button, but would like to be able to insert (and delete) exactly where the button is on the worksheet, no matter where the activecell is.. So, I guess my question is, is it possible to get the cell reference behind a graphic button? Or, even better, assign a macro to a cell? ta, Maria Maria There are "insert row" and "insert column" buttons available from Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert Also "delete row" and "delete column" buttons available from To...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Copy/Paste VBA
Ich will eine ganze Visio Seite kopieren mit allen Verbindungen zwischen den Shape und deren Verklebungen (glue Ich habs versucht mit select all, group , copy paste und ungroup auch mit der Option bei copy/paste das es an der orignalposition positioniert werden sol abe 1) die Positionen stimmten nicht überei 2) die Verbindungen waren eingetragen aber nicht verglue Was nun einer eine Version die funktioniert und einfach is thx, mfg Daniel H. You might try Copy / Paste without doing the Group / Ungroup. Are you working with a specific set of shapes? Some Visio shapes have protections t...

VBA to count periods in a single cell
I am looking to count the number of periods within a single cell using vba. For instance if I have 4 cells that contain the following: 5M09-0000700.01.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.20 Thus the output of the code for the first cell should be '2', the second cell output would be '3', and the third/fourht cells would be '4' because that many period characters were encountered. Data within these cells will contain letters, numbers, periods, a few spaces and the "-" dash symbol. Any help is greatly appre...

hwnd question
hwnd hA was created in process A hwnd hB was created in process B Q: is it legal for A to parent B ? Yes it is legal. But keep in mind these points. One thing to remember is that the child window sends message back to it parent. When your child window sends a message to it's parent window, the thread that the child window is in will block until the message is processed by the parent in a different thread. And be careful to destroy the thread with the child window before you destroy the parent window! Ali R. "anon" <someone@internet.com> wrote in message news:Oz3%23...

Several questions
I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to do some things. 1.) How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area? 2.) How can I print all the worksheets on a single document? 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet? TIA, GWB 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on the arrow) the Scale to Fit group. 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box. 3) Off...

KBV- vlookup question
In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that need to be searched for matching or similar values and the range also includes the column from which the corresponding value has to be returned. What if there are 2 or more columns within that range that match the lookup value? How does excel handle that? According to Help for Excel 2003, VLOOKUP "searches for a value in the first column of a table array." It only searches in that column for the lookup_value argument. -Ryan KBV wrote: > In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that ne...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

interface not registed error while sending mail in ms outlook2003
While sending email in MS Outlook 2003 error showong Interface not registed. Please give me solution how to rectify it. Thanx & Regards Dipankar Sanyal Start->run, type "regsvr32.exe ole32.dll" and press okay. This should = reregister the object and get rid of the error message. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, DIPANKAR SANYAL asked: | While sending email in MS Outlook 2003 error showon...

Solver VBA
Currently I have a simple solver VBA script in my excel workbook. The script sets the value of cell "I1" to 1 by changing cell "H1", as shown below: Sub repeatsolve() ' SolverOk SetCell:="$I$1", MaxMinVal:=3, ValueOf:="1", ByChange:="$H$1" SolverSolve End Sub What I would like to do is set the value of all cells in the "I" column, of a specific range, to 1 by changing its respective cell in column "H". Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank in advance. -- kwrohde --------------------------------------------------...

CSplitterWnd questions,
When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdivided window? vsgdp wrote: > When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I > have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how > do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method > do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdi...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

wasy macro question
I used the macro recorder to get the code to resize columns on a worksheet Cells.Select Range("A1766").Activate Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit What I don't understand in the Range. It's seems to be referring to a single cell. Could someone explain to a VBA newbie? I'm importing a text file and I want to resize the columns after import. I have the import working just need this one last thing. The worksheet will always have the same number of columns but the number of rows may vary will the above code still work? gls858 gls858 wrote: > I used the macro reco...

2003 to 2000 security question
To make a long story short I am trying to work with our Quality department to get all of our quality records available on a shared drive. To do this we need to make sure that they cannot be modified. Currently Office 2003 (specifically Excel) has the security needed to prevent users from copying the form to another Excel worksheet or workbook and making modifications. However, if the same file is opened in an earlier version of Excel, the same security does not function and the cells can be copied and then modified. Is there a way i can prevent this from happening with out having to ...

Excel VBA ?
In excel vba I want to add a line that displays the name of the workbook on a summary sheet Is there an automatic way to add the name without typing it in here's what I have so far: 'Enter Name ..Range ("B1") = "NAME" Thank you in advance !!! Hi, The first line puts the name in a cell the second one puts the full path and name Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = ThisWorkbook.Name Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A2") = ThisWorkbook.FullName -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the h...

outlook on a network question
Hi, I have outlook as bundled with office 2000 on our pc's at home. What I'd like to do is to have the messages and address book one once pc, that is accessed from both. I did have this working a couple of years back, but we changed the setup. How can I tell one of the installations to use the data as stored on the other pc? I do know that you can only run outlook on one pc at a time using this facility. Thanks Is Outlook 2000 configured in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode? (See Help | About Microsoft Outlook. Second or third line should state the mode Out...

vba code #6
why does this code not input a formula into cells e5 to end of data Range("D6").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Select Do Until Range("E5").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R2C8/(RC[-2]-RC[-4])" ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Range("a1").Select Loop Hi agw, Try the following change: Do Until ActiveCell.Address = "$E$5" Ken Johnson It looks like you're using column D to get the last used cell. If that's true: with activesheet .range("E5:E" &am...

MX record question #2
I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP address ? or both needed? thanks in advice. lamlam wrote: > I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to > receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in > my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX > record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP addre...

Interface Contract Admin to SOP
I am learning Contract Administration (through the Service Management module). I have setup everything, but when I try to bill an invoice I get the error: "You are not currently interfaced with SOP, no SOP Document will be created" Does anyone know what I have missed in linking the two modules. Thanks ...

Preparing for complete network upgrade
Ok, i have done this a couple of times in the past where i've taken a 4 day weekend to basically clean install on both server and clients the latest OS's -- i'm about to do it again, but was thinking of an easier way to do it this time around...i would like to start off by clean-installing the clients first and making sure they were fully patched, AV'd and then putting them back into the SBS 2003 network until all of them were done - then bringing the server up to SBS 2008 after i'd done all of the clients... The only drawback i can think of is if in the past 5 ye...

Another Counting Question
I use a spreadsheet with a column (H) in which single digits (usually 0 through 6) are entered beginning in row 11. The most recent entry is in row 804 and there will be an unknown number of additional entries. I need a formula which will show the number of times that a certain value (for example, 2) has been entered in the column. In addition, it would be helpful if a second formula could show the result as a percentage of the total number of entries in the column. Any tips on how to proceed? I=92m using MS Excel 2003. Thanks for any assistance. GrtArtiste On Feb 19, 6:55=A0am, GrtArtiste...

Noob Question CString to Float conversion
Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value to allow me to do calculations with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. try atof() "Rik Irving" <indigoed@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bpqv0g$qv8$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to do calculations with it. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Rik Irving wrote: > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to ...

subform reference question
What makes forms!mainform!subform!customerpart work on some computers and not on others? I know now that I need to change the reference to forms!mainform!subform.form!customerpart -- but I don't know why the first way worked on some machines. The database is in place on a network drive -- all machines accessing the same database over the network. Some machines worked perfectly, others had queries (with subform references in the criteria) finding no match. On Sat, 1 May 2010 08:26:01 -0700, Michelle K. <MichelleK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I don't know...