VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

All,

I have been able to correct to my database but I have one question
question:

Within objSession I want to list all available tables and all
available views.
How exactly is this done?

thank you.

Set objSession = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
Set objDatabase = objSession.OpenDatabase("", "User/Pass", 0)
0
jason

On Nov 16, 12:05=A0pm, jason <jason.mell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been able to correct to my database but I have one question
> question:
>
> Within objSession I want to list all available tables and all
> available views.
> How exactly is this done?
>
> thank you.
>
> Set objSession =3D CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
> Set objDatabase =3D objSession.OpenDatabase("", "User/Pass", 0)

figured it out quick and dirty:
 Sql =3D "SELECT table_name FROM user_tables"
0
jason

Finding a string/using adjacent data question
It's a convuluted question that I hope has an easy answer. I'm rather new to Excel formulas, so I've been trying to find stuff about this on the internet but with not much luck. If anyone can help me at all I would greatly appreciate it. I have text strings in column A, A2-A335. I have numerical values that correspond to each text string in columns B-O. What I'm hoping to do is run a search for a given text string in column A and then use the numerical values in D, H, and O for further calculations. I want to be able to type in a name in column Q (for example) and have the f...

VBA code not working on other PC
I am using Excel 2003 and I have been using the VBA code below on my computer for a long time and find it extremely useful and which has never result in an error. A colleague asked if he could also have in on his computer and so I copied it over. The strange thing is it doesn't seem to work on his computer and I not sure why. I stops on the line 'Dim Result As New DataObject' that I have higlighted with the *********. and a dialogue box appears saying: Compile Error: User defined type not defined. Does anyone know the answer why it works on my PC and not on his? I...

Excel question #14
When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? ...

OU Question!!!
We have installed CRM 1.2 on dev server using existing database(backup of prod db). While installation we pointed Organisation Unit to "CRMDev" (created manually under Active directory). but once installation is completed i dont see any Organisation name and usergroups under "CRMDev" Organisation Unit. Any reason why it didn't create? Is it using the same OU as prod. Is there any setting that needs to be changed in DB and point it to new OU. Please Suggest... Where we did it wrong: As posted in another post suggestion to -create a OU in AD called devcrm -backup...

Commandline interfacing
Is it possible to automate loading a spreadsheet and a macro, runnin the macro on the sheet, and then saving the modified sheet so that i could be done by a seperate program with no user intervention i midprocess -- Dan Neel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dan Neely's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2416 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37787 Dan Neely wrote... >Is it possible to automate loading a spreadsheet and a macro, running >the macro on the sheet, and then sa...

Report Question Please
How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears in the checkbook? I do not want the deposits to be seperated from the checks. Thanks in advance... Bob Use an Account Transactions report instead. You can customize it to print the date range, account, categories, etc. just the way you want. "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:CNY7b.137258$3o3.9776932@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears > in the checkbook? I do not want the deposi...

Simple Visio Questions
Being new to Visio, I have some simple questions. 1) The shapes panel on my computer at the office has the shapes in a condensed, small icon format. On my home computer, they are larger with descriptions and larger icons. How do I change the format? 2) How do I change the default font that a drawing is to use after the drawing has already been started? 3) How do I change the default connector line thickness that a drawing is to use after the drawing has started? 4) Is it possible to modify the flow chart elements or create a separate, easily accessible library of elements? Thanks 1)...

AOL address book to Outlook Express 6 Question
Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be online continuous. TIA cf. http://www.broadband-to-go.com/help/aol-address-book.htm cf. http://www.ehow.com/how_5055126_convert-address-book-outlook-express.html kraut wrote: > Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into > OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? > > I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be > online continuous. > &...

Need Help with Coding a ComboBox in Excel/VBa......
Hi all, Perhaps someone can help me.......... I have the following code written in VBA. Private Sub SupervisorComboBox_Change() Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C1") = SupervisorComboBox.Value I have a ComboBox that lists ten supervisors. When the user chooses a supervisor from the ComboBox drop down list the name gets stored on the second Sheet, in cell, "C1". Now then.......there is a second ComboBox underneath this first one This ComboBox lists each employee that works under the chose supervisor. The employee's name gets stored in cell, "D1" My que...

Another question regarding Dates..
First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? Ie Year = 2004 day number = 302 The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004 Again, taking into consideration the leap years Thanks again in advance =DATE(2004,1,302) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anthony Slater" wrote: > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. > > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? > > Ie > > Year = 2004 > day number = 302 > > The answer I'...

Pivot question (2 parter)
I have four columns: Category, Year, Month, and Amount. When I do a pivot table, I would like to have the Year and Month appear horizontally across; right now, I can only get it to show vertically. I would like to consolidate some of the categories and call it "Others," rather than showing all of the details for those categories. What is an easy way to do this? TIA Pete <<Year and Month appear horizontally across>> drag your month field to the COLUMN area in the wizard. <<I would like to consolidate some of the categories >> You will have to make anothe...

CButton question
Does anyone know if there's a way that I can achieve the same visual effect with a CButton object that I can by calling SetReadOnly() for a CEdit object? That is, have it greyed out but not disabled while still allowing me to check and uncheck it via software (users will not be permitted to do this). I've tried over-riding the brush returned by OnCtlColor() for the CTLCOLOR_BTN case but without success. Thanks for any help/comments. -- Fenster People have done some things with buttons by writing their own class and then setting the control to be owner-draw so they can manip...

Conditional Formatting Question #2
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. Each worksheet is for an account. For my credit card account worksheets, I would like to do some conditional formatting that would highlight a range of cells indicating that those charges are out of "grace period" with a certain color, for example. Is this possible? It seems that I would have to start it at a 0.00 balance / date. 30 days later if any charges had not been paid, it would highlight. I manually enter all charges/payments in it with the actual posting date. It would also be cool if a had a bar graph that is a calcu...

This has got to be an easy question?
Is all I want to do is combine two records from a query. I have data from a query from a lunch account and from a dinner account. All I need to do is combine the data into one account. There are probably around 10 fields of data, but they all have the same properties. Surely this is easier than I'm making it out to be? I tried a union query, but didn't get what I wanted. This is what I'm looking at- SELECT * FROM TableData WHERE AccountName=(restname); I want to combine with- SELECT * FROM TableData WHERE AccountName=(restnamelunch); I want to combine ...

vba code for excel to extract data from txt file
USING Excel 2000. I have a text file that when viewed in excel lists the entire row of data in one cell. I cannot parse data because each line does not have the same break. I want to extract the fields into individual cells. I will need to define "what" I am looking for. Is there sample vba code for excel I can reference to learn how this may be done? sample report REF #:A1B CUSIP:12345678 TD:1/1/00 SYMBOL:ABC QTY: 1 SD:01/03/00 ACME COMPANY PRICE: 9.101 MKT:OTC want to extract REF# TD ...

Name references and VBA
Hi all, Second time I posted this, but could not find my first post anywhere! Sorry if the other post made it to somewhere I can't find. Is there any way to make VBA automatically recognize the name of a cell and use it as a variable? So, for example, I name my cell "clientFirstName". I would like to use this as a variable in VBA w/o needing to have "Dim clientFirstName as String". Even if it just defines all the cell names as Variants would be fine. Or is dimensioning a variable the same name as the name reference the best way to do it? I have a lot of static v...

LINQtoEntity to connect to Oracle and MySQL
Using LINQtoEntity, how do I connect to Oracle and MySQL? Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj Raj wrote: > Using LINQtoEntity, how do I connect to Oracle and MySQL? For MySQL, that seems to be supported with the help of a connector http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net.html http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net-tutorials.html -- Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/ ...

Question #3
Hello, Anyone point me in the direction as to where I can find help on the question below? What two parts combine to make up the serialization of application objects in Visual C++. I thought it was DECLARE_SERIAL and IMPLEMENT_SERIAL, I've been told that's not correct. Any help appreciated. "confusedinc" <confusedinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD87627B-82A0-41DA-BE9E-579C5BCBB619@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Anyone point me in the direction as to where I can find help on the > question > below? > > What two parts combine t...

VBA-recovering a broken link
Hi everyone, Lets assume we copied a range from excel and pasted it as a link in Word or PowerPoint , and we have the exact link string . Is it possible in VBA to recover the link using that string after we remove the link ? What I'm trying to do is to paste a range as a link then save the path and remove the link and whenever I need that specific object to be updated I restablish a link between target and source . I can easily do all the sateps in VBA except for the last part that I don't know how to establish a link between source and target using the the path . Any s...

Budget Question #4
In Money 2003 - if I budget an amount and do not use it up, does the excess go over to the next month. For example - if I budget $10 a month for eating out and only use $5 in January, will the budget then show that I have $15 in February to spend? Thanks. ...

Data Validation Syntax Question
I'd like to restrict a user (me) from entering more than two digits after the decimal point in a cell. I have a checkbook spreadsheet and recently discovered (by accident) that I made a withdrawal entry of 117.122 a couple of years ago, but I can't figure out how to be sure to keep from doing it again. Am I missing something simple? Thanks for any help. Jim One way: =INT(A1*100)=(A1*100) multiply by 100 and see if it's a whole number If A1 is the activecell. Another way: =MOD(A1*100,1)=0 multiply by 100 and divide by 1. Check the remainder to see if it's 0. Jim &...

VBA causing Excel to max out 100% CPU when opening the Font Property dialog box
Hi, I'm trying to solve an issue that a client at work got with VBA in Excel 2003. The Client has a SS that got a few 'Combo Boxes' on it, if he select just 1 of the Boxes, anyone and tries to change the 'FONT PROPERTY' as soon as the ellipse ' 3 ... ' is clicked on XL then max's out the CPU sometimes talking 10 - 20 minutes before opening the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box, or you can end the VBA task, this give error that it can't close XL, you OK this and then the 'FONT PROPERTY ' dialog box opens, once it finally open you can go on and ed...

Sender ID question exchange sp2
hi all I installed sp2, and i have enabled sender id, i now see errrors in the app log that are event id 7519, and it says The originating IP address of message with ID <9RVg53mdw00000025@bbserver.mydomain.com> could not be determined based on its Received headers. The server bbserver is my a windows 2003 front end SMTP server, it forwards all email into my exchange server. Is is in the list of ip address in the sender id along with the entire subnet of my internal network, so i am a bit confused as to what this error is telling me. I have the sender id in "reject mode&q...

Question for the gurus.
How can I make my spreadsheet automatically jump to the next cell when I scan into it? The input comes from a scanner, patched into the keyboard, that reads bar codes. I want to scan into cell "A1", then have the cursor move to cell "B1". And after the data is entered into cell "B1", the cursor drops down to "A2". I know this has to be a simple command.:confused: Anyone have a clue? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In tools=>Option=>Edit Tab, under Move Selection After Enter, do you have Down selected? -- Regards, Tom Og...

Access report question 03-11-08
I have a problem which I hope someone will help me with. I have a query which has the following data; code amount 60 $25.00 60 $30.00 90 $40.00 45 $50.00 90 $45.00 I am trying to create a report which will give me only the totals for code 60 & 45 in one line and list out the total of code 90 in another line. Any help is truely appreciated. Thanks! Please could you type the results you hope to see. Your description is unclear. Evi "SandySun" <SandySun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD38D97-0B15-4F0E-823...