VBA Functionality Lost

On one of my office computers whenever I try to open one of the add-ins I am
notified that the ActiveX Controls & VBA part is lost. Even VBE doesn't open.
Could there be some kind of restriction implemented by the Administrator? How
to have the same functioning?
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

The Active-X components you DLL.  To find out which DLL are being used
if you go to the VBA menu

Tools - References you will see the a list of libraries used by the
project.  The DLL for those object.  If you select each of the libraries
with the mouse the name of the DLL will appear on the bottom to the
dialog box.

Either one of the DLL is corrupted of the PC is using the wrong folder
for the DLL.  go to a good machine and get all the DLL's being used.
The go to the bad PC and browse for the DLL for each of the libraries.
This may fix the problem.

If the DLL is corrupted/missing you could copy the DLL from a good PC
to the bad PC.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel
1/27/2010 12:32:59 PM
The problem is a bad installation of Office.  VBA has been removed,
corrupted or not correctly installed.  Un-install Office.  Run the temp file
deleter at http://www.add-ins.com/temp_file_deleter.htm before re-installing
to delete temp and exd files that may result in a bad installation.  Reboot.
Re-install. Do all updates.

Robert Flanagan
Add-ins.com LLC
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S.  19707

Phone:  302-234-9857,  fax 302-234-9859
http://www.add-ins.com

"Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:15F22B62-C119-4AB9-8D09-75A51B480586@microsoft.com...
> On one of my office computers whenever I try to open one of the add-ins I
> am
> notified that the ActiveX Controls & VBA part is lost. Even VBE doesn't
> open.
> Could there be some kind of restriction implemented by the Administrator?
> How
> to have the same functioning?
> --
> Thanx in advance,
> Best Regards,
>
> Faraz

0
Robert

Variable Functions
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column of numbers. Sometimes I want to know the max of the numbers in the column, sometimes the min, sometimes the average, etc. Is there a way for me to type the word MAX or MIN or AVERAGE or . . . into a cell and have the appropriate value appear right below the word I typed? That would mean that the function would have to be set by the words I type in the cell above where the function is located. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Why not just assign 6 cells to provide this info for you. Enter MAX, MIN, and AVG in 3 cells, and under ea...

Excel Macro VBA Help Needed
I have a sheet which has been copied from a pivot table. I need it to perform the following: Find a cell with specific text (Yes) Move over three columns (I have been using an offset) Write a formula that subtotals data that is below this summation row Copies this formula to right until the column is empty Display this data onto a new summary sheet Ultimately, this would be a loop that looks in column C for some wildcard, subtotals and then, moves over to column B and totals the previously calc'd subtotals. I seem to be able to get to the specific text cell and use the offset. I am str...

??? Ctrl Shilft End function is disabled
For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard shortcut. -- Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-) Jaylin *****Jaylin Message ended******* CTRL+Shift+End does not work in Shared Workbooks. Perhaps that is the cause? Jaylin wrote: > For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer > available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard > shortcut. Is this done to terminate worksheet re-calculations or to end macros that are running...

Sum Function
I am having a brain freeze, I need a sum of a field where a name = Carla could someone please assist? =Sum [SCD the table] [Assigned fieldname] = Carla Thanks In case Carla isn't the only name you will ever want to Sum by, what about using the SortingGrouping box to sort by your PersonsName field, giving it a Footer and then you can have a Sum in the Group Footer. Or you can do the summing in a Totals query grouped by name and put the results as a Subreport in a Report's Footer You could also use the DSum Function (if Carla really is the only person being summed) Evi "lmos...

lost emails
i lost most of my in coming emails i probely perment delited them is there amy way i can get them back Gladys Gladys, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this question on a newsgroup that deals with your specific email application. Or try a Google on "restore deleted emails" -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life....

Excel function in Word. Is it possible?
Using the trial version of word and excel 7 and would like to be able to perform a function similar to the VLOOKUP (or HLOOKUP) like excel. I would like to have one document that will automatically insert the proper text based on what is chosen from a pull down list. Specifically, it is for a master specification for new home construction of which i have 6 different levels of specs. 90% of all of them is identical however there are maybe a dozen or so entries that differ between them, e.g. if specification A is selected, the field for that item would list a steel painted front do...

One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work
Hi All, Any help on this is very much appreciated!! Right, here goes! I have two exchange servers which are both running on Win 2k3 SP1. Exchange is 2003 SP1. One of my exchange servers comes to a halt and the only way to get it back up and running is by hard resetting the server! When this has been rebooted the server works fine and reports no errors in the logs after the reboot. However, I am getting the following event logs showing errors prior to reboot: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 16/10/2006 Time: 1:35:46 AM User: N/A Com...

Can I use solver functions in a protected (locked) worksheet?
I am using the solver function to optimize a blend of products. I want to lock (protect) some areas of the worksheet, but when doing so the solver function will not work and the following translated message arrives: The active document is not a worksheet, is protected or shared. Hope someone can help me. Thank you. Niels ...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...

Lost all cashiers
Not really sure what happened tonight... one of my employees ran the z report. When she did, she got a message that POS "Synchronized the database". When she tried to log out it said that the cashier could not be found. She shut everything down and when I tried to bring everything back up, the system couldn't find any registers which I fixed that doing a qry. However, now it says that the cashier can't be found. By best guess is that there was a glitch and the system syncd the database with the offline database which didn't have any cashers (is that how that wor...

vba excel project
im not sure if this is possible in excel... but here's what my boss wants... one excel file (master file) contains 10 command buttons (sheet 1). when a user clicks on a button (button 1), an excel template file (template 1) is automatically opened... now this template file will be filled up by the user, and once she/he saves the template (template 1) with a new filename, the date and time (of saving) will be listed on the master file (sheet 2) together with the specified filename of the user. now if the user clicks on button 2, template 2 is opened. and then once saved, the date,time a...

Report Writer, which function to convert amount to string ?
In the Report Writer, i need to convert the amount or total amount field content and convert its format and store into the calculated field which is in string format. Please advise me which function I can use to convert it to string and this will then combine/join with other calculated fields (string format). Many Thanks in advance. Hi, in GP Report Writer, you can use the System-Defined Function CUR_STR(). Just pass the any currency field to the function on any calculated field of type string. You can then use concatenate operator to combine this new field with any string f...

Software Reset Function
Hi: Does anyone know how to make Software rest function in Window CE, is this BSP related or need make the function in PMIC driver and/or call IOControl ? Please advise. Thanks. If you want to reset the board from your application you can use: SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_RESET, 0); or SetSystemPowerState(L"reset", 0, 0); CJ "Mike3000" wrote: > Hi: > > Does anyone know how to make Software rest function in Window CE, is this > BSP related or need make the function in PMIC driver and/or call IOControl ? > Please advis...

VBA
I having problems using the My Outlook Calendar.dot template from the Slipstick website (sorry I can't attach it, file type not supported). I downloaded the .dot file and with the help of someone in IT we modified the code to pull event details from outlook onto the resulting calendar report. I was able to use it successfully for a few weeks and then all of a sudden the .dot stopped working. It gives me a runtime error whenever I try to launch it. I'm not familiar with VBA at all but I used the debug tool to see where the code "breaks". It seems to happen at L...

MessageBox Function
Using Visual Studio 2008 running under Windows Vista. After spending quite a lot of time with C++ console applications, I'm starting to use MFC to develop Windows applications. My first attempt was to create the traditional program that displays "Hello, World." Quite simple. Just a dialog box that contains two buttons: Say Hello, and Exit. I let the wizards create the skeleton. For the Say Hello button, I used the Event Handler wizard and replaced the TODO line with the statement: MessageBox("Hello, World.", "Message", MB_OKCANCEL); The compiler said there...

Separating parts of a string in VBA
Hello, I have a string in cells(1,1). The value of the cell is "DATE" 1/1/10 THRU 3/1/10" I want to separate this string into the two new strings such that one string would read "1/10/10" and the other would read "3/1/10". In C programming, this would be fairly easy. But in VBA I don't know any string functions which can read and compare individual characters. Does anyone know how to accomplish what I am trying to do? thanks IF the DATE and THRU parts of your example text (along with their adjacent blank spaces) appear in all the text s...

Between function
Is there a function in Excel that will determine whether a cell value is between x and y? I can't find one. I'd like to write an "IF" formula that returns a certain result if the value is between 1 and 100 and a different result if it isn't. Please let me know the proper syntax of the "Between" function if you can. Well, sort of... it's not a dedicated 'between' function, but this is how: =IF(AND(B1>1, B1<100), TrueValueHere, FalseValueHere) where B1 is the cell you're looking at. You probably want it to be inclusive of the 1 a...

Updating VBA function?
Is there a way to update this function so that it executes the same set of criteria for the data on line 32, 45, 58 and so on? In other words, every 13th line has a different set of data of that I would like to have analyzed in the same way that this function analyzes the data in line 19? Everywhere line 19 and 7 is listed, the next group is line 32 and line 7 is line 20 and so on. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) 'make whole sheet the target If Target.Column > 0 Then 'clear previous answer answer = "" 'see what lookup code has been g...

XP SP 2 slows down Interbase and screwed up some Crystal Report functions.
Hi: Had XP running fine on IBM S-50. Believe SP 1 (Maybe 2). App/interbase worked like a rocket as it did on win2k. XP crashed (blue screen - no recovery) so had to reinstall XP SP2 and all apps. Immediate problems with Interbase horribly slow. Disabled recovery etc. no change. ADODB.Stream disabled. This had created problems with the app on the original installation so that is not the problem. Can't understand what has happened. Second issue: With the new SP 2 installation of XP am getting weird errors with Crystal. Most reports print fine but a few reports not ...

Is there a function to add up minutes and seconds?
Assistance appreciated. How do I add up a column of minutes/seconds formatted as, for example, 1:03 to produce a total minutes and seconds ? BT, =SUM(A2:A20) Format as needed. Format - Cells - Number - Time FOrmat - Cells - Number - Custom [mm]:ss -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "BT" <uce2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40dae571$0$1906$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Assistance appreciated. How do I add up a column of minutes/seconds > formatted as, for example, 1:03 to produce a ...

An error occurred initializing the VBA LIBRARIES (65535)
When I want to open the Excel (97 version, Windows 98), I receive the following message: "An error occurred initializing the VBA libraries (65535)".When I click "OK" the Excel however opens, but can not open all of my excel documents.The same message I recceive when I want to open in Excel TOOLS/MACRO/VISUAL BASIC EDITOR. What has hapened and how can I resolve this problem? Thanks, Jovan Milojkovic, Belgrade! ...

Match Function Problem
I'm having trouble with the Match function in Excel XP. I have a list of numbers from 0.01 to 125.00 and I'm telling the match function to look down the column and find specific numbers based on user input. The problem I'm having is that certain number work and other don't...I've tried reformatting the user input cell and the Match table to every format I can think or including text and I can't get it to work. I've verified that all the numbers I'm working with are limited to just 2 decimal places. Any help??? PE, Post an example of your data, and th...

Help requested in formulating Functions and script to create a mat
Visual Studio.net 2003, SQL Server Report Designer, SQL Query Analyser. I have a table of milestones with data such as project, miletone name, baseline date, planned date and actual date. My task is to produce a chart that has months in the columns and for each month a set of blocks of data, made by concatenating fileds form the table, for milestones due in that month. I can extract the 'blocks' of data easily enough but when I put them in columns each successive month starts on a new line below those of the previous month. I need it so that the first milestone of each ...

using the count function
I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for each dept, is this possible Sure. It's called Countif. See this article: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/count_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "barklek" <barklek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D177E99-6A3B-4845-A067-B31495706CA8@microsoft.com... >I have 5 departments and I am trying to count the number of yes votes for > each dept, is this possible barklek Wrote: > I have 5 departments and I am tryi...

Add and edit a shape in VBA
Hi, I have written code to add a rectangle and a line in VBA. When I run the code it sometimes works fine. If I use F8 to step through the code the code to add the line works fine but not if I run the code as usual. The problem with the rectangle is that the text is not inserted into the rectangle. What is wrong with the code? Sub Shapes() Dim Comment As String Dim Serie_no Dim Point_no Dim Left__no Dim Top_no Serie_no = 3 Point_no = 3 ' Text from a name range Comment = Range("Comment_txt") Sheets("Chart")....