VBA code to find first blank cell in a column and activate it

MS XP Pro, MS Office 2007.
Can anyone assist with macro to find the first blank cell in a column and
then to make it the active (selected) cell so that data can be pasted to it
and the row in which it is placed.
I cant find a stable and reliable solution with the Find Blank Cell
procedure in the menu.

When you say first blank cell, do you mean  -
From the top down, the first blank cell with possibly other non blank cells
below that blank cell.
or -
From the bottom up, the cell below the first non-blank cell.

Regards,
Peter T

"Wes_A" <WesA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS XP Pro, MS Office 2007.
> Can anyone assist with macro to find the first blank cell in a column and
> then to make it the active (selected) cell so that data can be pasted to
> it
> and the row in which it is placed.
> I cant find a stable and reliable solution with the Find Blank Cell
> procedure in the menu.

0
Peter
2/28/2010 9:09:46 AM
Dim FirstBlankCell as Range
Set FirstBlankCell=Range("A" & rows.Count).end(xlup).offset(1,0)
FirstBlankCell.Activate

Note that you do not need to select a cell to paste data into it, and it is
slowing down your macro.

Look at this:

Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2:D2").copy Destination:=FirstBlankCell

Regards,
Per

"Wes_A" <WesA@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> MS XP Pro, MS Office 2007.
> Can anyone assist with macro to find the first blank cell in a column and
> then to make it the active (selected) cell so that data can be pasted to
> it
> and the row in which it is placed.
> I cant find a stable and reliable solution with the Find Blank Cell
> procedure in the menu.

0
Per
2/28/2010 9:11:00 AM
How about:

Sub FindFirstBlank()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range
Set r1 = Intersect(Range("B:B"), Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks))
Set r2 = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
If r1 Is Nothing Then
    r2.Select
Else
    r1.Select
End If
End Sub
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Wes_A" wrote:

> MS XP Pro, MS Office 2007.
> Can anyone assist with macro to find the first blank cell in a column and
> then to make it the active (selected) cell so that data can be pasted to it
> and the row in which it is placed.
> I cant find a stable and reliable solution with the Find Blank Cell
> procedure in the menu.
This is a correction:

Sub FindFirstBlank()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range
Set r1 = Intersect(Range("B:B"), Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks))
Set r2 = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
If r1 Is Nothing Then
    r2.Select
Else
    r1(1).Select
End If
End Sub

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Wes_A" wrote:

> MS XP Pro, MS Office 2007.
> Can anyone assist with macro to find the first blank cell in a column and
> then to make it the active (selected) cell so that data can be pasted to it
> and the row in which it is placed.
> I cant find a stable and reliable solution with the Find Blank Cell
> procedure in the menu.

update column

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

code examples for BITS
Hi, I am looking for sample codes for programming background intelligent transfer service..I was able to see sample code in .NET, but I'm specifically looking for VC++ 6.0 (command-line application).Please help me.. Thanks, NKH ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!