Using c# object in Excel VBA

Hi All
I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
thx for help
Michael

I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C#
object.  But have you tried:
   msgbox user.propertyname
which would print the value of the propertyname you provide in a message box
on screen.  Just put that line right after your Set user = CreateObject(....)
statement and give it a go.

I say that I'm stabbing at it, because that's the way you'd reference a
property in a typical object as:
Set myRange = Range("B1:B9")
msgbox myRange.Rows.Count
would show  a 9.

If user is a list you may have to reference the item in the list as:
msgbox user(1).propertyname

"Michael" wrote:

> Hi All
> I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
> Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
> that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
> Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
> Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
> I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
> VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
> thx for help
> Michael
Can you set a reference in the VBE to your library ?

Tim

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
> Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
> that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
> Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
> Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
> I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
> VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
> thx for help
> Michael

0
Tim
5/13/2010 4:16:17 AM
thx for the Results
@Tim: Yes I allready added the reference
@JLatham: I had the some Idea like you with user(1).propertyname but then I
get the Error Message Runtime Error 424 Object necessary

I tried the following lines and all lines failed :(
        user2 = Users(i)
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = Users(i).UserName
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = user2.UserName
thx for Help Michael

Here is my complete Code:

Sub Schaltfläche2_BeiKlick()
    Set obj = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.Wrapper")
    Set objSheet = Worksheets("Tabelle1")
    UserName = objSheet.Range("B1").Value
    Password = objSheet.Range("B2").Value
    workspace = objSheet.Range("B3").Value
    mandant = objSheet.Range("B4").Value
    resultnix = obj.InitWrapper(UserName, "", workspace, mandant)
    resultnix = obj.RegisterHostaddress("Ibs.Infrastructure",
"http://localhost/Infrastructure.Host/")
    result = obj.Test()
    Users = obj.GetUserList()
    Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
    MsgBox user.UserName
    For i = 1 To UBound(Users)
        cell = "B" + CStr(i + 10)
        user2 = Users(i)
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = Users(i).UserName
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = user2.UserName
    Next i
    MsgBox result
End Sub
one more Info it looks like he has a Problem with the Array
when I use a c# like this
public UserVOCom[] GetUserList()
VBA can't read the the Objects in the List but when I use
public UserVOCom GetUser()
he can read the properties from this object
Any Ideas on this?
thx
Michael
Hi All I have found a Solution! VBA can't handel a normal Array from C#! So I
have build a Class that handels the List and offers the Values via a get and
a set function

but thx again for the help

Michael

number rounding in MS Excel

Letter Writing assitant to be used with Prospects
Would like to see Letter Writing Assitant to be extended to be used with Prospects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73b8a531-e5c3-4d8b-91ae-5b1758b9f1a5&...

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Filters in Excel 2003

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

compact database in VBA access 2007

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Visual C++ 2005 always rebuilds
I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. However now the project always rebuilds entirely whenever I start debugging. Even if I have only made a simple change to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Colin Check the date on your source files to make sure that they are not in the future. AliR. "Colin J Paterson" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ObtLxgTbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. > However now the project always rebuild...