UserAccounts.CommonDialog - How it works

Sure would oblige a message box returning the full path of a file browsed.
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Not sure what the question is and why want to use the UserAccounts
CommonDialog
Guessing, if you want to browse to a file with a view to opening it, try
something like this -

Sub getOpenFile()
Dim sFile As String
Dim vReturn As Variant
    vReturn = Application.GetOpenFilename()
    If VarType(vReturn) = vbBoolean Then
        MsgBox "User cancelled"
    Else
        sFile = vReturn
        MsgBox sFile
    End If

End Sub

See GetOpenFilename in help and its optional arguments.

If you are trying to do something else explain what the overal objective is

Regards,
Peter T

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" <FarazAhmedQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EC41B4F2-6780-4FB2-BB46-00F8741B7655@microsoft.com...
> Sure would oblige a message box returning the full path of a file browsed.
> --
> Thanx & Best Regards,

0
Peter

Transaction by Category Report has Stopped Working
I am running Microsoft Money 14.0.120.1105 (Copytight 2004) on Windows 7. I am trying to get a Transactions by Category Report but when I click the link on the Reports Home page, Money goes to the report but then immediately switches back to the Reports Home page again. I have a theory about what is wrong but have no idea how to cure it. I know that calling up the report will usually bring the last used report to the screen which is where I think the problem lies. I recall calling up a report on a particular category because I wanted to change the category to something el...

scroll left and right mouse wheel doesn't work in excel
I have just purchased and installed an HP Wireless 4 button Laser Mouse. The left and right scroll function on the scroll wheel works fine EXCEPT in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there anyway to enable this function in Excel. ...

SUMIF-how do i get it to work using names in range?help
I am trying to use SUMIF. In columncells a93:a117 I have names that are the "range" In column p55:p84 I have the Sum-range of values to be added. For the criteria i used each name in a93:a117. So my first sumif says, SUMIF(A$93:$117, A93, p$55:p$84). All that seem sto be happening is that the values in column P are just getting copied in order, with no attachment to the range names and nu summation. What am I doing wrong? I even tried putting the "criiteria" in quotes, so (A$93:$117, "Bob", p$55:p$84). It still does not work. can anyone help?...

outlook 2010.wrote in word works and saved can not open
saved work in beta2010 word work not able to open any suggestions If you want to guarantee other programs can open the files created by the beta, save as the old doc format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http:/...

Working with a form
I have created an inventory database. I am stumped on how to get an on hand balance on my form. I understand I calculate Units Received - Units Sold but cannot figure out where to do it and how to get it to work. I would like my form to be designed almost like the inventory database template. With the inventory transactions table as a subform and product info as the main form. Please tell me how to calculate this and what I am doing wrong. Thanks.... RG, check out aggregate function DSUM It will allow you to sum a field in ALL the records in a table or query that meet the criteria (Prod...

Integration with Great Plains
Hi, I'm looking for some technical information regarding CRM Integration for Great Plains. The mappings are served by BizTalk, messages come through MSMQ service. Insert/updates are delivered by triggers and post-callouts (?). However, I want more information. 1. The first question is: How the integration knows which corresponding record is going to be updated. Say: I'm changing one of the customer fields in Great Plains. The primary key is CUSTNMBR (char(15)). The integration may find appropiate record in CRM based on accountnumber. However this CRM field is changeable (and 20-char ...

Exchange 2003 mail is not work to good
I have just setup a 2003 exchange server and everytime someone send mail with an attchment made in ms word, excel or etc. that person never gets the mail and it takes a while for it to bounce back. Any other kind of mail works sometimes. There is no anti-virus on the server yet so what is the problem? What does the non-delivery report (bounce back) show? W dealman1@hotmail.com wrote: > I have just setup a 2003 exchange server and everytime > someone send mail with an attchment made in ms word, excel > or etc. that person never gets the mail and it takes a > while for ...

SUMIF Statements aren't working for me
I'm trying to figure out why these two statements don't always work. =SUMIF(D3:D5000,TODAY(),C3:C5000) =SUMIF(D3:D5000,(TODAY()-1),C3:C5000) I'm copying date data into a spreadsheet with the date in column D. I then use the following statement in a macro to format the date as a date (just to be sure it's useable as a date) Selection.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy" My goal is to add the teansaction amounts in column C that were done today... and yesterday and post them into cells. (If I physically type over the pasted date it seems to add correctly...so I'm t...

Money 2003 password stopped working after pc upgrade
hi, since upgrading my pc to xp from win2k (clean install) and reinstalling ms money 2003, i cant get into my money file. the file opens, but asks for a password. when i type in my password (which i have been doing for a couple of years without any trouble) - the program informs me that my password is invalid. can anyone shed any light onto this? i really need to get into money for my tax returns. thanks. i forgot to add that i use ultrasoft money for palm OS and was wondering whether this might have anything to do with it? Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q152 -- Regard...

Some links don't work once I upload my website (Publisher 2003)
I'm using Publisher 2003 to make my first website. When I preview the website, all looks fine, but when I upload to the web...the links in my site to other publisher files don't work (the other links do work). What am I missing. Thank you for your help! debract wrote: || I'm using Publisher 2003 to make my first website. When I preview the || website, all looks fine, but when I upload to the web...the links in || my site to other publisher files don't work (the other links do || work). What am I missing. Thank you for your help! Check out Question 5: http://www.publisher...

How do I make a trigger work across slides?
I am trying to create a gameshow with a three-strikes-yer-out rule. The user has to choose left or right 5 times in a row successfully. If they get it right they move to slide two. If wrong, they go to a Wrong slide, and start over, with 2 strikes to go. Can you throw 2 transparent boxes in front of the wrong arrows that disappear one layer at a time when the Wrong arrow is clicked from another slide? I appreciate your time. On 1/29/10 8:11 PM, Arlen wrote: > I am trying to create a gameshow with a three-strikes-yer-out rule. The user > has to choose left or right 5...

Spell Check Works Sporadically in Outlook 2007 E-mail
Sometimes, paragraphs seem to be hidden from the Word spell check. Misspelled words are not underlined. If I hit the Spell Check button, it finds no errors. I can type word after word of gibberish and it reports everything is fine. In the most recent such message, it seemed to be tied to a numbered list. Every misspelled word in the list it ignored. Everything outside the list it correctly flagged as misspelled. But if I cope the text out of the numbered list, it remains immune to the spell check, even if the words are copied out and pasted elsewhere in the document. It's as if eve...

Move rule not working
I am running Outlook 2003. I have created a single rule to move an incoming e-mail to another folder if it comes through a particular account. It does not work. However once it is in the inbox, if I go to the rules drop down and have it run now on the inbox it moves it. Any suggestions. Neal Managed to solve my own problem. This is a new laptop computer. It came with some Norton trial version of anti-span, virus, internet stuff. I logged off the the Norton program and the rules worked. I logged back into Norton and they still worked. Who would have guessed. "Neal&quo...

Future Resource Hours Being Added to Work Not Started
Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Project 2007 plans for tasks? Project managers review and accept resources’ tasks hours weekly. But I’m seeing tasks with actual work hours, in them, sometime two months ahead of the project. Our tasks are set to Fixed Duration. The hours that I’m seeing are like .38 .08 . .03. We account hours to the .5 only. Please let me know. Thanks!!! Do you see the hours prior to acceptance, or after they've been imported into your project plan? "Jennifer" wrote: > Is anyone seeing future hours being entered into Pro...

Code will work on one table and form but not on another?
I have some code that opens a form. If the code is based on one table and form it works fine. If I try to run the same code against another table with only the table and destination form names changed the form opens but doesn't show any records. Could someone help me where to start looking please. Below (for those who want to read it!) is the two sets of code: Thanks for anyone who can help, I was hoping to get this to bed befiore Christmas :-( Tony This DOESN'T work: Private Sub Command35_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command35_Click Dim strsql As String Dim strt...

Adobe CS3 not working on Windows 7
I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition. I had Adobe CS3 installed on my computer, and know that Photoshop and Illustrator seemed to work fine. Then, in order to be able to use rare special programs that were only compatible with Windows XP, I upgraded to Windows 7 Enterprise (also 64-bit). Windows 7 Enterprise supposedly has an XP compatibility mode that should allow older programs to be installed. I did not reformat my hard drive when I did this (the first time at least), I just reinstalled the operating system. I had to reinstall all my programs though,...

Unicode works on XP but not Win2K ...
Hi: I have an ActiveX control (unicode project) in which a dialogbox shows some text fields for user input. The names of the fields (like "User Name" and "Password" etc.) are stored in the string table in different languages (in wideChars). The ActiveX control works fine in XP, all fields shown different languages correctly based on locale info. But under windows 2000, only the dialog title shown correctly, not the field names. Can you think of anything ? Thanks in advance! Polaris ...

Styles don't work from toolbar buttons
In Excel 97, when I click on the % button on the toolbar to format a cell, I get the error message, "Style "percent" not found." Any help would be appreciated. You can either create it manually (via format|style...) or you could merge it from a workbook that has it the way you want. Try creating a new workbook. Then select your troublesome workbook and Format|style|merge (from that new workbook). NormS wrote: > > In Excel 97, when I click on the % button on the toolbar to format a cell, I get the error message, "Style "percent" not found.&quo...

Open Form Button does not work going from Access2003 to Access 200
One of my forms has a button that open a form based on a field on the form. This button works fine if I open my ddatabase in Access 2003. If I open it in Access2007 it does not work. The Button macro also does not work properly in Access2007. It does not show the filds in the open form to match to the new form the button opens. Earlier I solved other wizard problems by registering the DAO360 and other files but things are still not working right in Access2007. Firstly, you may need to add your database folder to the trusted locations under: Office Button | Access Options | Trust C...

Turn off Button does not work
The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my desk top. This works fine just like my Turn Off button used to. How can I restore this function to my Start button? Thanks Charlie3110 wrote: > The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. > I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a > little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my > desk top. This wor...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

Short cut key Ctrl Y (repeat last motion) in Publisher won't work
The help menu tells me that I can use the Ctrl 7 to repeat the last action I made. However I have not been able to do so. Please help. I can use all other shortcut keys. This is making me crazy -- I can do my work in half the time with the Ctrl 7. It tells me I can also use F4 but this doesn't work either-a moot point since I use the other that speeds my work considerably. HELP! Where did you find those commands? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.as...

how do i retreive unsaved work
I had typed a lot of infor on an excel worksheet. I accidentally hit the exit button and said no to save (thought it was the paste area closing). Can I retrieve this work. atennislady, Sorry, but it is in the galactic bit bucket now and lightyears away! Best thing for you to do is start over while it is still fresh in your mind! Mike R. "atennislady" wrote: > I had typed a lot of infor on an excel worksheet. I accidentally hit the > exit button and said no to save (thought it was the paste area closing). Can > I retrieve this work. ...

Excel template has spelling "grey" will not work. How to enable?
I am assigned to use an excel template from the federal government; the proofing option to check spelling is not operating (it shows up as a grey image). Can the spell check option be turned on to be able to use it? Sounds like the worksheet is protected; that will disable Spelling Not sure of the logic in this - I speak as a terrible speller. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA61E149-5B23-4B41-9A93-0C6BEEC99B14@microsoft.com... > I am assigned ...

Money 2007 ofx inport not working anymore afer MS Acounting Instal
Hi I just installed the 2008 version of Microsoft Accounting and now my Money 2007 bankstatements ( ofx files) don't import into Money 2007 anymore :(. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks, Matt I know nothing about Microsoft Accounting and the file types it uses but you can see what program is registered for ofx files by checking the folder options under Windows explorer. You can even point it back to "Microsoft Money import handler" by clicking change. Art "guenthmn" <guenthmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630CEF3D-41AD-48FF-9D7A-26...