Tracking New Tabs in Excel

Hello,

I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for new
tabs that I add for quotes on new business.  So, we have a basic template
that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes.  I want to extract key
info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $ amount,
etc.).

The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually copy
my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link to
the new tab.

Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we
add a new tab for a quote the summary information will automatically populate
a new line in the tracking tab.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
John M

Sounds a job for the Template Wizard with Data Tracking.

You create a Template workbook for your quotes.

Each new quote information is added to a database workbook.

The new quote is saved as its own workbook.

It is difficult to obtain the Wizard on-line but if you email me I can send
you a copy.

Was designed for earlier version of Excel but I have suceesfully used it in
Excel 2003 and 2007.

My email is    gorddibbATshawDOTca               change the obvious.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:24:02 -0700, John M <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for new
>tabs that I add for quotes on new business.  So, we have a basic template
>that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes.  I want to extract key
>info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $ amount,
>etc.).
>
>The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually copy
>my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link to
>the new tab.
>
>Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we
>add a new tab for a quote the summary information will automatically populate
>a new line in the tracking tab.
>
>Any help is much appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>John M

0
Gord
3/31/2010 5:12:43 PM
How about something like this (in the tracking worksheet code module)

Tim

'********************************
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

    Dim s As Excel.Worksheet
    Dim r As Long

    Me.Range("A2:C50").ClearContents
    r = 2
    For Each s In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
        If s.Name <> "TemplateSheet" Then
            If s.Name <> Me.Name Then
                With Me.Rows(r)
                    .Cells(1).Value = s.Name
                    .Cells(2).Value = s.Range("B3").Value
                    .Cells(3).Value = s.Range("C5").Value
                End With
                r = r + 1
            End If
        End If
    Next s

End Sub
'*******************************

"John M" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to set up a way to track information in a "tracking tab" for
> new
> tabs that I add for quotes on new business.  So, we have a basic template
> that we copy 2-3 times a day to develop new quotes.  I want to extract key
> info from each quote in this tracking tab (date of quote, customer, $
> amount,
> etc.).
>
> The problem I have is that each time I add a new tab I need to manually
> copy
> my formula down one line in the tracking tab and edit the formulas to link
> the new tab.
>
> Is there a way to set up the formulas in the tracking tab so that when we
> add a new tab for a quote the summary information will automatically
> populate
> a new line in the tracking tab.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> John M

0
Tim

number rounding in MS Excel

Collection tracking lite
I have a customer that is interested in tracking their contacts with customers on AR collections. I know that the Collections Management Module in Great Plains will do a great job of that, but they are looking for a very simple solution. Is anyone aware of a third party developed enhancement that will just give someone a place to make notes, etc. regarding their collection effort? Thanks for any information you may have. This may be too obvious, but why not use the notes function already built into Great Plains. That way all accounting system users can read the notes, add to them as...

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

tracking bonds in money 2004
When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 pls help Read the article in help on how Money prices bonds. It's as a percentage of face value. "ms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7dd001c3e93c$b3c2bf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value > of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 > > pls help ...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Filters in Excel 2003

Setting up a new e-mail account

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

date tracking

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...