Toolbars in Excel 2007

In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom
toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins
tab.

The same does not appear to be the case in Excel.

Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only
option with Excel 2007?

If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template
one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the
Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT.

--
Thanks,

Doug

No, if you create a workbook, either a standard workbook or an addin,  which
builds a customised menu or toolbar via VBA, this will open up in the Addins
tab.

--

HTH

Bob

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom
> toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins
> tab.
>
> The same does not appear to be the case in Excel.
>
> Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only
> option with Excel 2007?
>
> If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template
> one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the
> Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT.
>
> --
> Thanks,

Bob
4/7/2010 11:57:11 AM
It *should* indeed appear in the Addins tab.

I just tested with an "attached" toolbar, which I never use. Even that
appeared in Add-ins/"Custom Toolbars" together its button equivalents
(without it being created or made visible in the open event).

Are you sure the custom toolbar had been attached to the workbook.

Regards,
Peter T

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom
> toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins
> tab.
>
> The same does not appear to be the case in Excel.
>
> Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only
> option with Excel 2007?
>
> If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template
> one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the
> Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT.
>
> --
> Thanks,

Peter
4/7/2010 12:01:02 PM
Seeing Bob's response made me double check, definitely the attached bar
appears in the addins tab without running any VBA at all.

However, pressing the button I get the message 'Book1.htm' could not be
found. Strange, the onAction had been correctly applied, even explicitly to
workbook name. No idea where "Book1.HTM" comes from. Running a bit of code
only to reapply the onAction then gets everything working.

Peter T

"Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
> It *should* indeed appear in the Addins tab.
>
> I just tested with an "attached" toolbar, which I never use. Even that
> appeared in Add-ins/"Custom Toolbars" together its button equivalents
> (without it being created or made visible in the open event).
>
> Are you sure the custom toolbar had been attached to the workbook.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>> In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom
>> toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins
>> tab.
>>
>> The same does not appear to be the case in Excel.
>>
>> Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only
>> option with Excel 2007?
>>
>> If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template
>> one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the
>> Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,

Peter
4/7/2010 12:22:51 PM
It doesn't for me Peter (although I accept I may be attaching it
incompletely, I haven't done that for years).

--

HTH

Bob

> Seeing Bob's response made me double check, definitely the attached bar
> appears in the addins tab without running any VBA at all.
>
> However, pressing the button I get the message 'Book1.htm' could not be
> found. Strange, the onAction had been correctly applied, even explicitly
> to workbook name. No idea where "Book1.HTM" comes from. Running a bit of
> code only to reapply the onAction then gets everything working.
>
> Peter T
>

> "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
>> It *should* indeed appear in the Addins tab.
>>
>> I just tested with an "attached" toolbar, which I never use. Even that
>> appeared in Add-ins/"Custom Toolbars" together its button equivalents
>> (without it being created or made visible in the open event).
>>
>> Are you sure the custom toolbar had been attached to the workbook.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter T
>>
>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom
>>> toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins
>>> tab.
>>>
>>> The same does not appear to be the case in Excel.
>>>
>>> Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only
>>> option with Excel 2007?
>>>
>>> If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a
>>> template one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well
>>> Customize the Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks,

Bob
4/7/2010 1:02:27 PM
Thanks, Peter and Bob.

I now realise that the toolbar was not attached to the template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> It doesn't for me Peter (although I accept I may be attaching it
> incompletely, I haven't done that for years).
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
>> Seeing Bob's response made me double check, definitely the attached bar
>> appears in the addins tab without running any VBA at all.
>>
>> However, pressing the button I get the message 'Book1.htm' could not be
>> found. Strange, the onAction had been correctly applied, even explicitly
>> to workbook name. No idea where "Book1.HTM" comes from. Running a bit of
>> code only to reapply the onAction then gets everything working.
>>
>> Peter T
>>

>> "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
>>> It *should* indeed appear in the Addins tab.
>>>
>>> I just tested with an "attached" toolbar, which I never use. Even that
>>> appeared in Add-ins/"Custom Toolbars" together its button equivalents
>>> (without it being created or made visible in the open event).
>>>
>>> Are you sure the custom toolbar had been attached to the workbook.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter T
>>>
>>> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message

Doug
4/7/2010 9:20:26 PM
Building the toolbar at run-time avoids making that mistake :-)

--

> Thanks, Peter and Bob.
>
> I now realise that the toolbar was not attached to the template.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> It doesn't for me Peter (although I accept I may be attaching it
>> incompletely, I haven't done that for years).
>>
>> --
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
>>> Seeing Bob's response made me double check, definitely the attached bar
>>> appears in the addins tab without running any VBA at all.
>>>
>>> However, pressing the button I get the message 'Book1.htm' could not be
>>> found. Strange, the onAction had been correctly applied, even explicitly
>>> to workbook name. No idea where "Book1.HTM" comes from. Running a bit of
>>> code only to reapply the onAction then gets everything working.
>>>
>>> Peter T
>>>

>>> "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message

Bob

number rounding in MS Excel

where's image toolbar?
I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting an image, but I can't find it. Aaron wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to > compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? > > A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting > an image, but I can't find it. Hazarding a guess, I'm going to guess that either a) You haven't c...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003