To insert a picture in a form

I inserted a picture in GIF format in a form. The picture is animated
GIF file. But, the animation does not works in the form? How can i
make the animation work in the form?
0
Subodh

Hi,

Ivan F Moala has a workbook describing a method here

http://www.xcelfiles.com/Excel04.html#anchor_59
--
Mike

question.

"Subodh" wrote:

> I inserted a picture in GIF format in a form. The picture is animated
> GIF file. But, the animation does not works in the form? How can i
> make the animation work in the form?
> .

Slow when closing a form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben "Ben" <pillars4@sbcglobal.net> wr...

Display/Hide a Form Control/Field Based On Another Field Value?
Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! --Eric You have to take care of 2 things: (1) When you move from record to record and the combo box contents changes (2) When the user changes the contents of the combo box For (1), inse...

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Insert Hyperlink without UNC format?
When linking a file from a mapped drive, it will always change the path to the UNC format. This sometimes causes problems with opening these links. I am using Outlook 2003, it seems like I have had some success with putting quotes around the link such as , "X:\path \file.pdf" This hasn't worked as of late, and it seemed to have been hit or miss before. Is there a better way to do this? ...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

User form problem
I have made a userform, which works great. However i have a problem. I would like the userform to only load up when the template file i opened. I do not want it to load when saved workbook copies of th template are opened. The system I am creating is an invoice system, and thus the loading o the userform is only necessary upon opening the template, not any othe files. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Z -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Zairn You can check the Len of the Thisworkbook.path in the Macro. A template have no path Sub test() I...

Sizing a form in Access 2007
I've been working with Access for the past decade, and recently upgraded to 2007. I've created several forms but can't figure out how to make them the size I want in display view. In older versions all I needed to do was pull in the left side and bottom of the form and minimize to the size I wanted. 2007 doesn't appear to have this ability. I was able to get the display size I wanted by setting the form to popup and modal, but this keeps the form on top. I tried pulling the form under the ribbon. This allows reports opened with the form to display, but I can...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

inserting documents
I have created a schedule in publisher and i want to insert into word so people can open it as an attachment because people are having trouble opening it through publisher. I had went into word and went to insert file and then tried to insert the document form publisher and it formatted all weird in like western language or something. can you please help? Save the schedule as a .jpg and insert that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Shah" <Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Data from Form to Subform to Table
I have a main form for material inspection, and another form for the inpsection results, and tables for each that store the data. For example, you have to enter the PO# and P/N on the main form, as well as some other info, then you click to open up the inspection results form in datasheet view. The inpsection results form shows the PO# and P/N that you entered on the main form, but it wont store the info in the table for the inspection results. Can someone please help me figure out how to get the info to store in the inspection results table as well as the material inspection tab...

[SPAM] Inserted
I receive emails and the word "[SPAM]" is inserted in the subjet line. I don't know where this comes from. I composed a message and sent it to myself and it does it. The message complies with filter.txt, which I also disabled. Can anyone help. I have no anti-spam programs. I do have zone alrom pro, but I can find nothing there. I saw earlier posts that suggested this was due to a particular anti spam app used on the server side. The intention being to identify spam and make it easier for you to run a rule on the subject line, I believe David "julian" <gjulian@ix...

How to write figures in words form?
If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do it in EXCEL. Try at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html. Amjad Wrote: > If I want to write 120 in words form (One Hundred twenty), how I can do > it in > EXCEL. -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400011 Try: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm Amjad Wrote: ...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

Main form causing multiple errors
History: I have created a database for my company to track all incidents, equipment issues, and more. The database has been in use for over a year and has been working quite well. It is a split database with the back end located on a network hard drive and the front end updated through autofeupdate. The database is setup for a multiuser environment. I have integrated functions to send email messages and create reports daily. Recently, I have added six list boxes to the main form. Each listbox displays information on current records. For instance, one listbox shows all the open equipment ticket...

Last Form to have Focus error
I have an app where the user wants to copy the current record (2 tables) and create a new record. Since there is a ton of available data I pop up a screen that allows them to select what parts of the record they want. Works pretty well (cannot seem to get the calling form to go to the new record). This copy form can be called from two different forms. So I was trying to use the following so I would know which form called it as to make some decisions. In the same database I am using this code when calling my own type of message box (ex 1) and it works great. I use it to change the b...

Case Form
Hi, What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Assuming you want to see the Parent Account, you have the "customer' lookup field and you can add the 'responsible contact' field to the form which will create a lookup to a contact. "Donna Edwards" wrote: > Hi, > > What is the best way to capture both the Account and Contact on the Case > form. We need to capture both when creating a case. Thanks Chad, greatly appreciated!! I overlooked that field. Donna "...

Moved Form Data to Tab Control
Hi All, I recently moved all of my form fields to a tabbed control. The reason i did this was to utilize a subform. My main problem now is that none of my code is working on the form now. Can some explain why none of the old code works now and how i can go about getting it to work. Thanks You've likely made your form into a subform. Let's say your tab control is housed on frmTab, your old form was frmMyForm. Your old code likely referenced a control on your old form as Forms!frmMyform!MyControl. To reference that control now you have to use Forms!frmTab!frmMyfo...

Use Powerpoint Shapes in Access Forms/Report
Forgive the multi-post(Office Developer Automation), but I have yet to figure out how to cross-post when using the Microsoft Discussion Groups web page for accessing newsgroups. I'm creating an Access 2003 application that requires a customized chart (form now, report later). I've got most of the pieces (X/Y axis, tic marks, plotting points,labels) working, but now I need to put several images on the form. If I create a shape in Powerpoint using one of the shapes (circle, oval, octacgon, stars, ...), and then copy the shape over to Access, it pastes as an unboundOLE objec...

Transaction forms
Hi My transaction forms is greyed out and no matter what i do I can't get it working. Does anyone know why. I went into global settings to tell it to use transaction forms but it didn't make any difference. I am using Delux 2004 -- Desperate Louey ...

Is Excel the tool of choice for forms?
Hi Everyone, Here's the state of affairs: All our forms are in word and are meant to be printed then filled out. They are a terrible mess, like when they wanted to have somethin appear centered they put in 10 tabs to move it over, and all the style are normal+++++++. (I didn't work here then and yes all their documents are this way too) I am tasked with updating the forms so they can be filled out the either printed and faxed, or saved and emailed. Hence my question, should I remake them in excel or word? Or is there some other super-duper program for forms? Thanks in advance for...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

How do I add a detail section to the form?
I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to add a detail section. A form always has a detail section. It can have only one detail section. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "kjv77" wrote: > I have found instructions on how to add a header/footer but can't find how to > add a detail section. ...

simple form question
Is there a property that i can set on a text box that every time I open a form the text box will be empty? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com No property, but put code in the form's Load event to set it to blank: Private Sub Form_Load() Me!MyTextBox = Null End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jjsaw5 via AccessMonster.com" <u34872@uwe> wrote in message news:7550cf12fd111@uwe... > Is there a property that i can set on a text box that every time I open a > form the text box will be empty?...

Can you script preset values for forms?
I have a Third Party software that is based on Access 2003. They have a login screen that requires a few pieces of information (SQL Server Name, Port number, SQL Database name, ID and Password) in addition to the Database User Name and Password. Depending on which office I'm in, there is a different SQL Server I will need to connect to. What would be the easiest way to PREPOPULATE the infomation for the specific office so that a user only needs to click on an Icon? I know how to connect the approprieate drive via scripting, just unsure how to get the info populated. I'd ask ...