Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr

Hi,

I think this is probably not do-able

I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros

When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very
hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user
can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled.

Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the
other sheets can be seen.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVeryHidden

This works beautifully but when the workbook is closed the user sees the
warning sheet (and panics!) also confusing for the user is the fact that if
they save then close they are asked if they want to save their changes but
they are not aware that they have made any changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've put a sentence on the warning sheet saying if closing then save
normally but if opening scroll down to a warning about enabling macros.
Clunky.

Cheers
--
Trish

Simply change this:
Code:
--------------------

  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
  Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden

--------------------
to this:
Code:
--------------------

  Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
  Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  Msgbox "Please ignore warning sheet, this is for reset purposes!",vbokonly,"Close Notice"

--------------------

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=162610

Simon
12/15/2009 11:43:02 AM
Hi Simon,
That does the job!
Thank you.

--
Trish

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

> Simply change this:
> Code:
> --------------------
>
>   Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
>   Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>   Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
>   Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden
>
> --------------------
> to this:
> Code:
> --------------------
>
>   Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
>   Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
>   Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden
>   Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>   Msgbox "Please ignore warning sheet, this is for reset purposes!",vbokonly,"Close Notice"
>
> --------------------
>

> Trish Smith;587167 Wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this is probably not do-able
> >
> > I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros
> >
> > When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are
> > very
> > hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the
> > user
> > can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros
> > enabled.
> >
> > Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and
> > the
> > other sheets can be seen.
> >
> > Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
> > Application.ScreenUpdating = False
> > Sheets("Warning").Visible = True
> > Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden
> >
> > Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> > Application.ScreenUpdating = False
> > Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True
> > Sheets("Warning").Visible = xlVeryHidden
> >
> > This works beautifully but when the workbook is closed the user sees
> > the
> > warning sheet (and panics!) also confusing for the user is the fact
> > that if
> > they save then close they are asked if they want to save their changes
> > but
> > they are not aware that they have made any changes.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > I've put a sentence on the warning sheet saying if closing then save
> > normally but if opening scroll down to a warning about enabling macros.
> > Clunky.
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Trish
>

> --
> Simon Lloyd
>
> Regards,
> Simon Lloyd
> 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
> Simon Lloyd's Profile: 1
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=162610
>
> [url="http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]
>
> .

Does MS CRM 3.0 use Impersonation/Delegation model...?
Hi, I wanted to check on the authentication method used by MS CRM web server in communicating with the database when they are installed on seperate servers.. Does it use trusted sub system model (where Db trusts the web/app server for authentication of orginal callers) OR delegation model (where original caller's credentails are passed to the DB)..? Thanks, Nandi ...

Field (Account Rating code) not showing up in Advanced Find
We use the Account Rating code or ABC code to define our customers. This field does not show up in the Advanced Find feature in CRM 3.0. All the others seem to be there. Can anyone tell me how to get this to show up? thanks for the help. Angela Hi, Go at the attributes of account ( in customization ) . select the attribute and click on edit . set the searchable = Yes . regards Aami Hi Aami, I appreciate the follow up but I don't see the option to select searchable = to yes I only see Display Name, Schema Name, Requirement Level, Description and then the picklist selection. ...

Moving users to new business unit
I setup one main business unit and have 3 users assigned to it. We are now looking into getting CRM for another one of our companies, but do not want the users of these 2 companies to see each other's contacts etc. I have setup 2 new business units, each children of the one parent. If I move user A (whom can read all, edit all contacts is db right now) into New Unit 1, will they still be able to have all the same access? If I create a NEW user under New Unit 2, will that user be able to see the contacts for User A? Basically it comes down to is how to restrict complete access b...

Writing to windows registry using XML....
Dear All, I have query regarding the registry. Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. I am just a beginner in XML. thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh kbnumesh@gmail.com wrote: > I have query regarding the registry. > > Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? > if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. Why do you want to use XML when dealing with the Windows registry? It is not based on XML so I don't see that XML helps. The .NET framework 2.0 has this class <...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Exchange 2007
I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my configurations my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how to do it either. Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is connected and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007. powershell get-mailboxstatistics will get y...

how to show addresses, not names in to field
i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. i just want to have the e-mail addresses from my Contacts show in the "TO" field as e-mail addresses, NOT their names. this is help/about/line 2 "Internet Mail Only - Security Update" PLEASE help THANKS! Read the responses to all your other posts. The answer is still no. IMO provides no access to the Display Name field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbe01c425b5$5fde29c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. > i...

User interface failure
Can't get to my welcome screen at start-up. Reads: User interface failure. The file bcm logon failed to load. contact sys. admin. etc. Only gives the option to restart. Same thing occurs every time. I can start in safe mode. Any solutions? -- djd9668 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ djd9668's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/174281.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1293299.htm http://forums.techarena.in For bcm logon failed,try this link: http://search.microsoft.com/res...

Use that security update
--mkiwhwpnjcjb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sxwxczsxhcxkocu"; type="multipart/alternative" --sxwxczsxhcxkocu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nmfgoiam" --nmfgoiam Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

clipboard shows busy but is not
i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when i know it is not - any help?-- katherine Are you pasting to Publisher? Word Perfect is not exactly compatible with Publisher. Have you tried copying into Word and then Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katydids" <katydids@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D76EFB95-9646-4830-BE0F-C87A31C03778@microsoft.com... >i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when > i know...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

How to apply an Outlook filtering rule to multiple users
Does anyone know a way to automatically distribute an Outlook filtering rule to multiple users' machines without having to go and set it up on each machine manually? We are running Outlook 2000 and 2002 on Windows XP, with Exchange 2003 server. Thanks for your help in advance. ...

macro to make different tabs in a same sheet
i have a column in my spreadsheet where there are different names can u suggest a macro which makes different tabs in that same exce workbook with the names of different ppl in front of names there is data, i want that data to be transferre also along with the respective names in that tab thank u frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this example The names are in column A of a sheet named Sheet1 Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set ...

Restoring shares WITH share permissions using DPM
I'm backing up about 58 shares (using DPM 2007 SP1) and need to restore said shares to another (duplicate) server. Upon restore, the share permissions are missing, while the security permissions remain intact. I'm backing up what appears to be volumes and shares so I can recover either way as well....but the results are the same, no share permissions restored. Is there a step\process I'm missing???? Any help appreciated! Restoring share permissions is not supported by DPM. Though DPM allows protecting at share level, it backups/restores data underneath it incl...

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

Names of Sheets in workbook
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 4 worksheets in it. I need to create a Table of Contents on the first sheet listing th other 39 sheets in the document. Does anyone know a quick way to generate a list of the sheets in th workbook? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark Piitchford -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 40 > worksheets in it...

Any add on products I can use with SOP
We are trying to keep track of our orders that are not ready to be processed for reasons such as waiting for approval from customer, waiting for confirm ship date, needing customization and therefore take longer in production... We want to be able to add a comment that has a date and an action date. Date is the date someone enter in a comment, action date will be a date when someone needs to follow up. We need multiple dates and multiple comments for a single order and do not want everything type together in one comment field. We already have collection main module and we can use so...

duplicates across sheets
I'm trying to have the cell text / background colour change when someone enters a duplicate value, I could use countif function but need this to work across sheets. Anyone got some VBA to help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dave, You've not indicated how use of COUNTIF would not work for you. What do you mean by across sheets. How is that to be applied. Conditional Formatting only works on one sheet is that what you are referring to. You will have to get the information that Conditional Formatting needs on the same page as it is used. Chip Pearson ha...

Moving through sheets
How can I move through worksheets without having to clic the tab. I would like to see a list of worksheets name and select the one that I want to activate or see. I am looking for some command similar to the Find command where I can write data and Excel looks for it in the sheet, or something like the Go to command where I can choose from a list of Worksheet names. This is because I have a file of more than 50 worksheets and it isn't easy navigate through them. Thanks, Ivette Ivette If you right-click on the sheet navigation arrows at bottom left of status bar you will get a pop-...

OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet
Dear kind MVPs, Sorry for cross posting and the length.. but i am desperate for the solution. Heres the setup. one Win2k Server (DC) , One Win2k3 Server (DC+Exchange2k3), One server with Reverse-Proxy configured to direct all HTTP requests to the Exchange Server (working OK ). Assume my exchange server name is MyServer and Proxy Server is MyProxyServer and domain is MyDomain - names assumed for clarity otherwise valid IPs are used. I am able to login using http://MyServer/exchange interanlly ( XP + Win2k ) http://MyProxyServer/exchange from XP clients from internet but not from http://My...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Inventory User Categories
hey guys I was wondering of anyone knows how to get the description for Inventory user categories to appear on a report or which table the actual description is held on. I know how to use the user categories from the item master table - but i want to use the description that is entered against this category in item category setup. thanks Theo, I just tred adding it and am sorry to say that it seems difficult in RW. At the very least, you would need to use vba to read the Item Category setup table - IV40600. You could use retrieveGlobals and ADO to read the table and return the value to t...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...