SQL General Help

I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data.  I had some
obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the
table name needed a special format.  Instead of using a table name like DATA,
instead I had to use the format of [DATA$].
So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.)
that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel?

Thanks
Mike

Please Help!
Is there a template for creating magazines? Roia <Roia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a template for creating magazines? Nope. You'll have to design your own. Or hire someone to design one for you. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Where could I go to look for designs (i.e. if I wanted to look up front cover page designs for a magazine look?) "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Roia <Roia@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > Is there a template for creating magazines? > > N...

Help with Security database
I have a client who has an Access 2000 database that they have lost the security database for. They have now updated to SQL Server but they need to open up this database. Is there any way possible to do this? Bill There are some crackers who claim to be able to open secure databases. Try googling on "MS-Access password" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "news.microsoft.com" <billgower@charter.net> wrote in message news:uaBqVyWmHHA.4240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a client who has an...

SQL Server 2005 (Express) / WES start failure
This failure started occuring a couple days ago. Thus far I have found little information on the nature of the problem or how to resolve this. This installation is used for the Windows Embedded Standard 2009 installation. Can anyone assist? 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4053.00 (Intel X86) May 26 2009 14:24:20 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Express Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3) 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server (c) 2005 Microsoft Corporation. 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server All rights re...

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Seeking help for total worksheet protection
The code below cycles through every worksheet and protects it. It then sets the active worksheet back to the first worksheet. For Each WkSht In m_DocExcel.Worksheets WkSht.Protect "mypassword", True, True, True, True WkSht.Activate m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Next WkSht m_DocExcel.Worksheets(1).Activate Is it possible to set protection on the entire workbook in one atomic operation, or do I need to set the protection for each sheet separately, as I am doing? And is th...

Project Server 2007 Deployment on Windows server 2008 and SQL Serv
I want to deploy this scenario with two server installation in which one is application server and other is database server . 1st server installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition Project server 2007 with SP 2 2nd Server Installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SQL Server 2008 I want to know it will work well with this scenario and windows server 2008 and sql serve 2008 are fully compatible with project server 2007. and is there will no issues ...

Totally confused now Help please
I have been having problems with Outlook 2003 not saving passwords so I created 3 different profiles each with one e mail account in each. Tim 1 = Personal Tim 2 = Business Tim 3 = webmaster I set my archive to autoarchive after a set period of time and everything seems to work fine however I now have about 10 personal folders and archive folders in outlook folder. I want to be able to backup each account using the outlook backup tool and save all folders to my external HD, but I am losing the plot a bit. Can anyone explain (in simple terms please) how I can acheive this. Please just ...

Help Reqd
Hey Friends I wish to create a form on which i wish to place 2 banners and some other controls. I am planning to use CFormView but how can I place Internet Explorer View window on the form and control it's page I know of CHtmlView.Is this the only alternative and i fear if i can place 2 Views and some controls on a form view. Plz help http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/gomscom.asp?TARGET=/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx Has sample and explanation for how to make a control version of the CHTMLView that can use as a control in a dialog box. "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wro...

Help with Delivery/Resolution problem
I will make my problem description brief for the moment as I am currently troubleshooting the issue. I have Two Exchange Servers: Adams, and Troosevelt My accounts on Troosevelt have a recipient policy that includes the following @domain: @test.company.com I have a third party hosting company that actually manages the mx records and aliases for test.company.com When anyone on troosevelt sends an email to anyone@test.company.com the following results happen: If an account resides on troosevelt, the email seems to be delivered if an account that has the @test.company.com ending, but ...

Help converting a 10 digit number 2223334444 to 222-333-4444
In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with 10 digit numbers that need to be changed to a telephone number with dashes. Can anyone help? Use a custom number format of 000-000-0000 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "hmsteiner" <hmsteiner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B365F3-896D-41C8-8C2C-105C856174F0@microsoft.com... > In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with 10 digit numbers that > need > to be changed to a telephone number with dashes. Can anyone help? "hmsteiner" wrote: Subject: Help converting a...

Help with an update
Somebody can tell me why i cant installe update Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I tried to installe update many times but dont work . What i can do...can help me? Thank you. Copied announcement from MowGreen To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing...

HELP #44
C�MO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? Sorry I do not speack Spanish but here is a Microsoft article on how to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532 KB article 287532 is the key to get it in Spanish. Notice the "en-us" in the URL, you may be able to change that to display in Spanish. "GUADALUPE DÍAZ" wrote: > CÓMO PUEDO CONFIGURAR MI OUTLOOK EN MI PC? > > > ...

Need to unhide 2 columns that I joined together
I pressed alt and joined columns B & C - now I can't unhide them both -help - I am working under a big time contraint. "Divertada" <Divertada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233CED6E-23D3-43BD-8FBA-A3DDCA4D2355@microsoft.com... > I pressed alt and joined columns B & C - now I can't unhide them both -help - > I am working under a big time contraint. I'm not sure what you mean by "joined together" but, to normally to unhide columns you would select cells spanning the hidden column (in this case eg A1 to D1) then go Format>...

Need help setting security for a service to access a shared folder
Hello, I'm lost in the details of setting up permissions and I'm probably searching for the wrong thing. I know a bit about DACLs and using them to set the permissions on an object so that other processes can have access to them. I'll first describe what I want to do, since I there may be a problem with what I'm doing in the first place. I have a couple shared folders that I'd like to monitor (and later manipulate) that are located on other machines. The other machines are located in their own domain, different than my normal login. I'd like to reuse some of my cu...

help with sheets
hi,,first off fairly new to this so be gently i need a sheet for each day of the month,and at the moment i am having to make say 31 sheets for october and then renaming sheet 1 to 01.10.05,,sheet 2 to 02.10.05 etc. is there an easier way or am i stuck. tia jkf You could use a macro to do this. The following would work for the month of October. And with some modification, it could be adapted to other months as well. Though this may not be the best way to code this, it gets the job done. Also, keep in mind that this macro is based of a 31day month. If used for a month with fewer d...

help #6
I have been sent a quiz sheet published in Excel, its a few pictures of films with the faces missing, and you have to guess the film titles. It's been driving me mad, i have been at it for days. The sheet itself has password protection, is there a way around this , please help me save my sanity, i need to cheat. TIA If I recall, the answers are in column S. So in T1, put =S1 and drag down. If you look at the formula that gives you the right/wrong response, you can see the address of the cell that contains the answer. Ron Bird wrote: > > I have been sent a quiz sheet publish...

help me keep 3 users from seeing each others mail?
how can i setup outlook 2003 so each user on my machine has separate abilities to use outlook 2003 without seeing each others mail? all are on xp home. Set up individual user accounts requiring log in with passwords. Start> Help & Support then search on "user accounts" and read the results that are returned. "joe schmoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc001c50c51$24aa44f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can i setup outlook 2003 so each user on my machine > has separate abilities to use outlook 2003 without seeing > each oth...

Excel formula help (Need to do a rank based on 2 criteria)
I need to be able to return a rank of something based on 2 criteria. An example of this is below. I need to get the rank of Mike within his team. In this case, Joe is on Team 1 and has the lowest score among the group, so his rank is 5. John is rank 3 (3rd on Team 2). Can anyone please help me write this formula. Thanks! A B C 1 Name Team # Score 2 Joe Team 1 1 3 John Team 2 9 4 Jack Team 1 3 5 Bill Team 2 16 6 Tom Team 1 7 7 Sarah Team 2 4 8 Mike Team 1 20 9 Maria Team 2 5 10 Laura Team 1 14 11 Bob Team 2 12 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$11=B2),--(C2<C$2:C$11))+1 Copy down as n...

help on running balance
i have two columns on a query,..receipts and disbursements,,both in currency type..is there any expression that i can use to compute for the running balances for every entry on either fields like say: Rcpt....Dis....RunningBal 1000....0.......1000 ..0...(500)......500 thank u... -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200704/1 the table is tblTransDetail with field names: IndexNum, Date, PayeeID, SpecificAcct, RcptAmnt, DisAmnt... i want to create a query that would compute the running balance for each Payee... th...

VLOOKUP Formula help!
I have students who have chosen subjects from a list, now I need a list of students doing the subjects eg: Name A B C D Yousuf Abbood Econ App ICT Ma Stat Eng Com Mohammad Abboud Eniola Adesanya Ma Stats Soc Econ ICT Part Zoheb Ahmed Btec Nat Bus Btec Nat Bus RE ICT Part I need This..... Name App ICT(part) Economics Eng Comb Ma Stats Maths Fur Etc... Yousuf Abbood Yes Yes Yes Yes Any ideas? With data in Sheet1; in Sheet2 Row1 place the subject name...

CRM with SQL 2k5 installation issue on Virtual Server
I try to build a test environment, below is the configuration: 1. Host - Dell PowerEdge 2950. Win 2003 Enterprise R2 x64 Edition, SQL Server 2005 STD x64 Edition(including report service),Virtual Server 2005 R2 x64 Edition. The host is Domain Controller too. 2.Guest Win2003 Standard R2 Edition,Microsoft CRM 3.0 First, the DB is on the guest system,i setup the CRM 3.0 with no problem,but for the DB performance reason,I moved the DB to the host machine. So I created a new virtual server and try to install the CRM 3.0,but i found these tow warnings: 1).Microsoft SQL Server Setup was u...

Help with append query
Please help me to write an append query that will append records from one table to multiple tables that have an inner join operation Thank you Kim, you may not be able to do this with a single query. The simplest way to do this might be by executing a series of append queries. For example, if you are trying to append the records to an Orders table with an OrderID primary key, and also the OrderDetail table (for the line items in the order), you need th new OrderID primary key value from appending to the Orders table so you can use it in the related table. You can't do that with a ...

dynamic range? help!
tab1 salesperson 1/31/2007 2/28/2007 3/31/2007 XYZ ? ? ? tab2 salesperson date cont value XYZ 1/15/2007 500 XYZ 1/31/2007 1000 XYZ 1/10/2007 850 trying to setup a sumproduct to return XYZ total contract value for January (that obviously spans over multiple dates). can you assist me w/ a formula solution to this problem? thanks!! Kyle try this idea =sumproduct((month(b2:b22)=1)*(a2:a22="xyz")*c2:c22) -- ...

Excel VBA help
I am needing some help with this vba code. What I am trying to do is first verify if cell A4 is not empty, if it is not empty then I need it to make sure there is data in the other columns before anyone can save. This is what I got so far but it is saving and not bring the popup message that data is missing. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUi As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If IsEmpty(A4) = False Then 'make sure that A4 is not empty prior to running the below if If Worksheets("User's Sheet").Range("B4").Value = "" Then ...

SQL select help
SELECT * FROM [TerritoryCoverage_finnleo] UNION SELECT * FROM [TerritoryCoverage_helo]; I want to also add a column that will be BRAND: "BrandName". How would I add this doing a SQL statement. Thanks -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Thank you KARL DEWEY wrote: >SELECT *, "BrandName" AS BRAND >FROM [TerritoryCoverage_finnleo] > >UNION SELECT *, "BrandName" AS BRAND >FROM [TerritoryCoverage_helo]; > >> SELECT * &...