Spin button

I am using multiple spin buttons in my file.

For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be 2,
3, 4, 5
If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth.

Is this possible??

Thanks.

"aqualibra" <aqualibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using multiple spin buttons in my file.
>
> For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
>
> If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be
> 2,
> 3, 4, 5
> If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth.
>
> Is this possible??
>
> Thanks.

0
Todd
12/11/2009 8:01:14 PM
"aqualibra" <aqualibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using multiple spin buttons in my file.
>
> For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
>
> If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be
> 2,
> 3, 4, 5
> If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth.
>
> Is this possible??
>
> Thanks.

Does this work?
    Private Sub sb1_SpinDown()
    If sb1.Value = sb2.Value Then
        If sb1.Value = 0 Then
            sb1.Value = Max
        Else
            sb1.Value = sb2.Value - 1
        End If
    End If
    TB1.Value = sb1.Value

End Sub

0
Todd
12/11/2009 8:01:58 PM
I think you have two options :

1.  Instead of using a spinner, use listboxes and populate one from the
selection made in the other.

2.  Use two pictures (obviously one for up and one for down) for each
spinner that can be backed by code which will populate your target cells,
thus avoiding items that have already been selected

I would recommend the former option.
--
If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal
charity on my behalf.

"aqualibra" wrote:

> I am using multiple spin buttons in my file.
>
> For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
>
> If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be 2,
> 3, 4, 5
> If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth.
>
> Is this possible??
>
> Thanks.
Maybe this will give you some ideas:

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Todd Heiks" wrote:

> "aqualibra" <aqualibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using multiple spin buttons in my file.
> >
> > For eg: Spin button 1 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> > Spin button 2 has options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> >
> > If option 1 has been selected for spin button 1 then spin button 2 can be
> > 2,
> > 3, 4, 5
> > If spin button 1 = 2 then spin button 2 cannot = 2 and so forth.
> >
> > Is this possible??
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> Does this work?
>     Private Sub sb1_SpinDown()
>     If sb1.Value = sb2.Value Then
>         If sb1.Value = 0 Then
>             sb1.Value = Max
>         Else
>             sb1.Value = sb2.Value - 1
>         End If
>     End If
>     TB1.Value = sb1.Value
>
> End Sub
>

> .

Command Button won't sit still.
I have an excel workbook with many worksheets. Each sheet has 2 command buttons. When I run VBA Macros that redraws the print area or change sheets the command buttons slide. How do I lock them down? .. Try right-click and format object, properties tab, then tell it not to move with cells. <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->...

add or remove buttons to the panel
adding or removing of the button to the panel is very simple in Word 2003, but in word 2007 I've found only adding the buttons to the quick access toolbar. Is it impossible to make the same in word 2007? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< &...

Transferred Contacts But Not Available When Click To Button In New
I have recently changed from a Vista Ultimate to a Win 7 Ultimate desktop and moved my contacts over to Outlook on the new machine. When I go in to the Contacts folder I can see all my contacts but when I click the To button on a new email message they don't appear. I transferred the contacts from Outlook 2007 SP2 + latest updates on the Vista Ultimate machine to Outlook 2007 SP2 + latest updates on the Win 7 Ultimate computer. The other thing that might be relevant is that I don't have any contacts in the main Contacts folder, they are all in sub-folders. When I...

DropDown Button
I want to create DropDown button, the one you see for example in Open File dialog in Visual Studio. It is an ordinary button with small downward triangle on the right, delimited with small vertical bar. The question is how to draw that bar and that small triangle, so that it behaves as a part of the button? ...

change the face color of an Excel command button
How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003 (View-Toolbars-Forms)? Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change the button color. You need to use the CommandButton object from the Controls toolbar, not the Forms toolbar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Chris Leah" <Chris Leah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70ABA2EE-7A9B-4469-9AFC-31CCBB864F34@microsoft.com... > How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel >...

Lost the button for the newsreader outlook 2003
Ok, i was tired of using outlook express as my default newsreader so i decided to try and figure out how to use outlook 2003 as my new default newsreader. I used the built in help with outlook2003, by dragging the new button to the go menu, instead i accidently palced it on that same menu line that seems stantard with all windows programs. ( file menu view ect.) after doing this and clicking the new button it poped up a new folder window listing files and such so i thoght i would go delete the news menu item thing and start over, to my dismay the dragable news button is missing. i can...

Track in CRM Button Disappearing
On many of our user's systems the Track in CRM button continuously disappears. If they log out of Outlook and back in the button reappears. This is very inconsistent. The users were upgraded to 2007 from 2003, but this issue also happened on 2003. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Please have the users check to make sure that Outlook is not seeing the CRM plug-in as a security threat. The link should be under the Help Menu within Outlook. Please make sure that the users have the CRM site listed (within the browser) as a trusted site or as an Intranet site. Thank...

Ping Button
I'm trying to create a button that will ping the IP that is held within a record. I have found the button that runs a command, but that command will have to include the variable of the IP. I would like to do the same with tracert. Any help? See whether what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/tracert.htm or http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/tracerthost.htm helps. (Obligatory warning: Randy's site is aimed at VB programmers. Because there are significant differences between the controls available for forms in VB and in Access, many of his examples can...

Background color of each tab button in a TabControl
Hi I changed background color of a tab control in the OnEraseBackground and set the button properties to TRUE in reource editor . I want to change teh background color of these buttons . How shoudl I go for it?Pls guide Bhargs Can some one help me out here Ali R,Ajay,Scott,David ,pls guide. Bhargs wrote: > Hi > I changed background color of a tab control in the OnEraseBackground > and set the button properties to TRUE in reource editor . > I want to change teh background color of these buttons . > How shoudl I go for it?Pls guide > Bhargs Bhargs wrote: >>Hi >&...

Access a button from another form
Hello, I created the View and Edit two forms. The first form displays all records from a table and second form is for editing the record which includes Add, Save and Delete buttons on it. User could view the record from view form, if the record does not exit, he will add this record through the Edit form. I would like to have a button on the View form, called New, when the user clicks on New button, it will open the Edit form and access the Add button, (provide the same function as the user clicking on the Add button on the Edit form). How could I write code for New button? Thanks! I&...

Record spin-off and "This operation cannot be performed"
Hi Folks, I've never had any problems with MS Money 2004 and file corruption. But I own some Motorola stock, which recently had a spin-off of Freescale Semiconductor. When I try to record this special activity "Record a spin-off" and diligently enter all of the information, it always results in a dialog box with "This operation cannot be performed". When I click the More Info button, it takes me to a Web page with very general instructions like: Product: Money ID: 34 Source: mnyob99 Version: 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be ...

Outlook Send button missing; email accounts are present
After years of good use of Outlook, last night I saw the send button missing. MS knowledge suggests the accounts were removed. They are present, and indeed I removed and reentered them, but the send button is still missing. Testing accounts shows they're working. Any suggestions?? Close Outlook. Search for and rename the outcmd.dat file. This file is located usually in a hidden folder so make sure you search through hidden folders and files. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "bobk" wrote: > After year...

Broken "To:" button in Outlook 2002
My mom just got a new laptop with Office XP. I just transferred everything off her desktop with Office 2000. I copied her.pst file into the appropriate folder on her laptop and all of her data stayed in tact. However, when she opens a new mail message and clicks "To:" she gets an error message that says "Address Book Cannot be displayed, the file may have been moved or deleted or you do not haver permission to access this file." When she clicks Contacts, everything works fine. It's like Outlook doesn't know that clicking "To:" should open the...

Printing selected number of reports from Command Button
I have a command button linked to a (label) report, via a query, displayed on a Form. The query prompts for a unique record to be selected. I would like the command button to request the number of copies required rather than just print one label. Believe it's something connected to an Input Box. Current Command Button coding as follows: Private Sub Command59_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command59_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Frm_injection_label" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_Command59_Click: E...

Button to Collect Data from Outlook
Can anyone help me add a command button to a form that will enable the user to send an html form to email recipients who will update the form, send it back, and the data will automatically be processed by Outlook and incorporated into the Access database? I understand how to accomplish this in Access by opening a table > external data > collect data > create email. However, I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks! *Glen* I'm not aware of any way that Outlook can update an Access database. Well there may be, but it would require some complex coding in...

Task requests lacking "Accept" button
In Outlook 2003 (SP2, all updates) on my notebook, the task requests that I receive are lacking the clickable button to accept or reject them. If I poll the same task requests on my desktop machine, they do show the missing buttons. I tried scanpst.exe and a new profile, but in vain. Similar behavior of task requests was reported in this group repeatedly, recently in http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/5eafcfdd852be150/955da670ca93e396?hl=de&lnk=st&q=#955da670ca93e396 What can I do? Salut, Aristide On 7 Nov., 00:31, Aristide de la Tanne <a...

where to get "save as" button from excel 2007
as mentioned subject Click the Office icon (round thing in top left corner) Click Excel Options (bottom of dialog) Click Customize on left side of dialog Set "Choose commands from" to "all commands" at top of dialog Select the Save As icon and press the Add button in centre of screen OK out of the dialog Now QAT will have the Save As icon best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23diLXs0rHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > as mentioned subject > ...

DoubleClick on a SingleClick button
Hi, I have a JS with a button and OnClick event which runs an EXE that calls a COM Dll to present a Modal Dialog. If the button is clicked once everything is great. If the button is clicked twice I get the Dialog, but the focus is lost, it is on the JS webpage. I understand that this is an expected behavior, but I still need to find a workaround. One way is make the DoubleClick Event and the SingleClick Event of that button do the same. For now I dont know how to prevent the DooubleClick Event being caught by 2 SingleClick Events of that button... Another way I could go with, is some wor...

Fix Command form buttons
Hi All, I have some large buttons in row 1 (all cells on this row are merged) at the top of my worksheet. These buttons are used as shortcuts for quickly filtering. Sometimes I find after someone has used the worksheet that the buttons have moved and some are hidden underneath other ones. I assume that this occurs when the user hides a column. I have tried this myself by hiding some columns but have never got the problem myself. The result is that I need to reposition the forms ever time this happens. I'm looking for a way to ensure the buttons are always at the same location on th...

Comma Style button
How do I use the comma style button on the tool bar? I'd like to make 32759 look like 32,759 without adding in the comma and copy the formula to the rest of the column of numbers. I selected the cell I'd like to change, by using the mouse, then selected the comma button on the tool bar and received ##### as the answer. If you could send back a reply, I'd appreciate it. thanks so much. Lisa, Making the column bigger might help with that. This (#####) is Excel's way of telling you the data is too big to be displayed in the current column. Chris "Lisa" <naut...

Associating edit contols with radio buttons
Hi My dialog has 3 edit controls and I want to associate 3 radio buttons with them such that the radio button that is triggered/active indicates which edit control has focus. i.e when edit control 1 is in focus then appropriate radio button is triggered to show this etc Can anyone give me some help in doing this Cheer Macca Add set focus event handler for each edit control. In those handlers do whatever to the radio button. "Macca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05F9AB72-E0FA-420C-BAAB-B5E9167F15B6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My dialo...

help needed on multiple option buttons
Hi, I am trying to use option buttons in a few different locations in Excel. In one cell i want three options and three different buttons. In another locations, two options with their own two buttons. However, the 5 buttons act as 5 linked options, so i can only have one or another button selected at a time. I would like one of the first three selected and one of the next two and so on. Can anybody help me work out how to resolve this. Thanks, If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a nice groupbox (also from the forms toolbar) around each group. If you use optionbuttons ...

Toggle button vs Command button
I was using command buttons to write text in a text box. The command buttons work fine. I was thinking of using toggle buttons because toggle buttons change color/shading when pressed. The toggle button writes the text in the box but I get a 'Run-time error '2115' - The macro or function set to the BeforeUpdate or ValidationRule property for this field is preventing dbname from saving data in the field. END/DEBUG. I am using the 'OnClick' Event to write the text. Do I need code in another event? Private Sub Toggle21_Click() HelpWindow.SetFocus Help...

Removing standard Buttons in Tool Bar

Autofilter reset button
I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting. How can I replicate the same thing? Actually, I think you can record that macro. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_e...