Show userform at spreadsheet open

How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet?

Can anyone help?

Thankyou,

Roger [excel2003]

hi
sheet or file?

sheet.....
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Load userform1
userform1.Show 0
End Sub

lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help.

file....
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Load userform1
userform1.Show 0
End Sub

also see this site....

regards
FSt1

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

> How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet?
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thankyou,
>
> Roger [excel2003]
You could also right click on the tab you want the userform to open on and
type the NameOfYourForm.show. Put this on an on activate event.

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

> How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet?
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thankyou,
>
> Roger [excel2003]

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

Userform Textbox Format Problem
I'm having a problem with the formatting of a textbox on a userform. Basically, I have the text box linked to a cell that shows a percentage. However the text box shows the value in the "Scientific" format. Is there a way that I can make the text box show the value exactly as I have it in my workbook? If not, is there a way to format it so that it appears the way I want it to appear? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could just drop the linked cell (called the controlsource in a userfor...

Meeting
When I set up a meeting and list the attendees, these individuals do not get a option to accept or decline. I have requested a response. Whats wrong Are you sending using Outlook Rich Text Format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Deb asked: | When I set up a meeting and list the attendees, these | individuals do not get a option to accept or decline...

unwanted Lines and characters showing up in publisher documents
When I open a document made in Publisher 2000, unwanted characters and lines appear next to the text. When I go to print the document the characters do not show up in the print but they are not all erasable as they appear in the document Is this a new occurance? Have you tried updating your video drivers? Publisher can do some really strange things because of video driver issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:471001c4905f$da81d090$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a document made in Publisher ...

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

csv file will not open
Hi, we are exporting (save as) report data to csv on a Novell network. when Excel 2003 sp1 attempts to open the csv file, we get a message that the file is read only. the file does not open. we can export the data to csv on the local computer and open it in excel just fine. we can open the csv file that has been created on the network drive using notepad, word and access. Your help is greatly appreciated. Scott ...

Export data from the same cell from multiple spreadsheets into a n
Hi, I am working with weekly timeshets in Excel and I am using the same form every week, but save it as a file named "Timesheet 20100122" for a week ending on Fri, Jan 22, 2010 (Our accounting week period). Therefore the daily hours appear every week in the same cell. I would need to export these hours to another - summarizing - spreadsheet (For example and invoice spreadsheet) somehow automatically. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks for your help, Cheers, Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

problem Opening jpg's only
Recently, in Outlook 2003, I noticed that I can';t open and view jpg's anymore. Other attachements (mpg, pdf) are fine. I get the message: 'The system cannot find the file specified' I can save the file to disk and can view it easily just by clicking on it. It happens whether McAfee antivirus is enabled or disabled. I don't think it is level 1 attachments which are being blocked as in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 829982. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Craig I am having the same issue. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks Jeremy >-----Original M...

unable to open password protected PST file...
I have password protected a private PST file. When I open Outlook 2002 and click on the PST file - it asks for my password. If I just click cancel there - I see no way to open that file again unless I quit Outlook and come back in. When I click on the PST file, I would have thought it would have asked for the password again, but it gives a different error and no where can you specify the password... Any ideas? Thanks, Brad Can you clarify why you are clicking on Cancel the first time Outlook prompts for your password? Normally, one would just enter the pw at the prompt and your'...

Open new form based on two criteria
I have a main form that I need to be able to open another form that is based on two different fields on the main form. This is what I have: Private Sub cmdOpenForm_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdOpenForm_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "SFRM_AllLocationsperContract" stLinkCriteria = (((TBL_LocationContract.ContractNumber) = "&[Forms]! [FRM_CompanyAddContracts]![txtContractID]&") And ((TBL_LocationContract. CompanyID) = "&[Forms]![FRM_CompanyAddContracts]![txtCompanyID]&")) DoCmd...

opening forwarded mail
I have looked through all my setting and still can't figure this one out. When someone forwards me a message that they received, i will sometimes get it as a small envelope (attachment). When I double click on it, nothing happens. When I save it to my desktop, it isn't recognized. But, when I open it with my webmail there isn't a problem. I can double click on pictures and they open fine, but not these types of email. Does anyone have anything they can assist with so I don't always have to go through my webmail? Thanks, Sam dreamer <safer@home.net> wrote: >...

mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file
Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other attached files, pps or world, are ok -- Are all your Windows Updates current? I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months ago which fixed the failure to open attachments. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com&...

RA's showing on Invoices
Does anyone know if there is a way to apply a return to an invoice, and have that reflected on the invoice balance? If I remember basic accounting from many years ago, an invoice is the record of a specific transaction for an account and a statement is the record of the activity, over a period of time, for an account. You are trying to mix the two. I don't know of any way to do this - perhpas someone else will chime in with a brilliant workaround. -- Lyle U Kelly wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to apply a return to an invoice, > and have that reflected on the i...

summarize open issues
i have 3 different open issues lists on 3 tabs of a workbook that i want to summarize the priority items onto one list on another tab. i want to tick off items in priority order by a,b,c etc. and collect them in sorted priority order all on one tab. does anyone have any ideas how i can do this? i appreciate any help you can provide. thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

Compound Lookup Field Only Showing First Field
Hello, I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two fields - FirstName and LastName. When selecting the name from the drop down, I see both first and last names, but after selecting, I only see the first name. For visual reasons, I would like to see the first and last names in the form. I am using Access 2007, but believe this issue is in previous versions as well. I am open to suggestions and appreciate your help, Chris Hello Chris. "Chris" wrote: > I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two > fields - FirstName and LastNa...

Spreadsheet conversion (Quattro Pro to Excel 2002)
How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I need to work with. Hi maybe try the commercial converters at: www.dataviz.com -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Finger wrote: > How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? > I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for > 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I > need to work with....

How may I add more than 256 columns to an Excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreadsheet. I need 370 columns. Is there anyway to accomplish this within Excel? SPO, excel only has 256 columns -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "SPO" <SPO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75457654-C31C-4787-9790-D07E220849BA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreads...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

Contact not showing up in Global Address List
I have created some contacts for people out outside the company that everyone in the company should see. The contacts are not show up in the GAL. But they are showing up in the All Contacts list. The client is Outlook 2003. It is the client or the setup in AD .. Any help would be great Make sure that your GAL filter includes contacts. If it does, there will be the following filter (objectClass=contact) "Mat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29cef01c465d2$301708d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have created some contacts for people out outside the ...

combining charts from two spreadsheets
I hope someone can help me with this: I have two charts. The one thing these charts have in common are the addresses (the charts are from two different sources). On one chart, I will have monthly sales for the addresses. On another chart, I will have how much each location paid in expenses. I would like to combine these charts into one chart. The addresses on one chart will correspond to the addresses on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to fall into place. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to...

Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app
I am running a 3rd party app & have have created a menu item in this app which opens a Excel template. The only problem that it opens the Excel template and not a xls file based on the template & this causes sharing problems as multple users use this spreadsheet. Is there a switch or different command in the command line that I have to put in to open as an xls file? The command line I have is: Excel.Sheet.8, [Open("F:\Excel Forms\Application Form.xlt")] Using Excel 2002 TIA -- Tony Barb. I tried "New" in the command line & it worked!. Many thanks ...

can't open microsoft outlook on vista machine
I loaded outlook express on my machine, newlaptop with vista and I can't open it. Any suggestions? "pagegirl26" <pagegirl26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CDD0072-7CFB-4F6B-ABEF-91F74BE25BFE@microsoft.com... >I loaded outlook express on my machine, newlaptop with vista and I can't >open > it. Any suggestions? You can load Outlook Express on a Vista machine. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:27:01 -0700, pagegirl26 <pagegirl26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I loaded outlook express on my machine, ne...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....