Setup dropdown list that selection references another dropdown

How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list?  ex:
selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection
#2 references the selections in a different dropdown list

Hi Denny,

I am really not sure if you mean dependant lists (or cascading dropdowns as
they are often called).  If so, then have a look at the following link.

If not what you want then need some more explanation.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Denny" wrote:

> How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list?  ex:
> selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection
> #2 references the selections in a different dropdown list

method of selection
Hi all, I have a workbook used to build macinery specs. Column A contain options and column D contains pricing. I am after a method of selectio where the content in the pricing column would copy to column B besid the option. (pricing column is hidden). What is the best approach to this?? I have considered mayb checkbox/option button for each option????? IF so, how would i d this?? Cheers to all!!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > &g...

Can you set up another email account in an early v of Outlook?
I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on as it doesn't like 95. Thanks Jen wrote: > I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be > fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 > machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on > as it doesn't like 95. > > Thanks What version of Outlook? ...

Multi selection of an array, ending with sum
*Multi selection within an array, ending with sum*: what combination o functions do I need to use to select a subset within an array and the select within this subset a new selection which I can then sum a colum within this last subset. For example If I have an array of 3 columns and 100 rows and I selec criteria based on 1st column, which produces a new smaller array with columns and 60 rows, I then need to select within this smaller array criteria based on 2nd column, which produces an even smaller subse array from which I sum on the 3rd colum -- sammber --------------------------------...

Publish Task List
Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file? Is there a way to either publish a public task list as a web page or export as a file, retaining it's view characteristics? View it in Simple list view, add columns, do your grouping - using the Field Chooser and Group By box (on Advanced toolbar) Then you can print preview it - you'll get what you see when you print it! Judy Gleeson Acorn Training and Consulting "we're nuts about Outlook" www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.htm Cody Dawg <bfogelstrom@hotmail.com>...

Another NameTable Question
I am trying to work out the best way to use the NameTable class in my C# application. I am assuming that getting/adding a string to the nametable has the same overheads as comparing a string normally, so I have created a class which holds references to the atomized strings. Is there a better way to do this? simple example below //Class to provide "string constants" private class MyStrings { public String stringA; public String stringB; public MyStrings(NameTable nt) { stringA = nt.Add("A"); stringB = nt.Add("B"); } } //Class...

validation list #4
hi i have created a validation list with more then 500 name, but when i try to find a particual name i have to go through all of them . is it possblie to write the first alphabitic letter in the list and the drow down list will point to that particual name e.g if the name in the list is Mark S. Mark can i write only Ma to find all Names start with Ma You can do this if you use a combobox from the control toolbox instead of DV. -- HTH Bob Phillips "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E9A3FF-5773-4002-8BCD-C2498BDE9EB0@microsoft.com......

Can't publish Excel list to Sharepoint
In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to Sharepoint), I get the msg "Cannot connect to server at this time. Your list cannot be published". I am able to "pull" the same spreadsheet into Sharepoint, using Create List, Import Spreadsheet. I have done the workaround in KB838703 with same results. Any other suggestions ? This has also been posted to the Sharepoint community site Thanks. On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:03 -0700, "LeslieR" wrote: >In trying to publish Excel list to Sharepoint (push from Excel to >Sharepoint), I get the m...

Nonrelative Sheet References
Excel is too smart I guess I know when you want to hard code a certain cell it's =$A$1 instead o =A1 but what about when it's Sheet1!A1?? I need the cells to kee looking for their information on Sheet1's cell A1 even when I chang the name of the current Sheet1 and even if there is no Sheet1. Any help would be appreciated - this will help me from having to pas several hundred values everytime I need to print something. Jordan PS. I setup the references already but they follow the sheet when change the sheet name - ex. =Sheet1!A1 becomes =RenamedSheet1!A1 whe I want it to sta...

Private Distribution Lists
Is it possible to create a distribution list where the the recipients can not see each others names?? This is for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it as bcc: That's what the BCC field is for. Why can you not use it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dooley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54f201c3da19$3196cd70$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to create a distribution list where the > the recipients can not see each others names?? This is > for a blast sales letter and I would rather not send it > as bcc: ...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, I have a problem with my Progressbar Form. the following code runs correctly. But... progressForm = new fclsProgress(); progressForm.percent = 0; Thread doSomethingThread = new Thread(delegate() { for (int i=0; i<100; i++) { if (progressForm.cancel == true) break; progressForm.percent = i; // ... do something } MyNamespace.MyClass.ActiveForm.Invoke((MethodInvoker)delegate { this.progressForm.Close(); }); } doSomethingThread.Start(); progressForm.ShowDialog(); But when I minimize my program, It is stoped by the following error me...

How to refer to current sheet in a formula
I want to have a named formula which always refers to a cell on the sheet it is on. When I define the formula it is automatically changed to refer to the sheet active when I defined it. E.g. =$B$2*3 becomes =sheet1!$B$2*3. This is no good for use on sheet 2 where I want the formula to refer to that sheet's $B$2 (equivalent of sheet2!$B$2). I have tried entering =!$B$2*3 which works initially but recalculates using the $B$2 on the sheet active when the recalculation is done. -- Poxypig ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Poxypig's Profile: http:/...

Adding a Reference in VBA
In order to run the below code what is the Official exact name of the library I should have added/checked in my Reference table? TIA, Sub Tester1() Dim fso As Object Dim fldr As Object Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set fldr = fso.GetFolder("C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\My Documents") MsgBox "You have " & fldr.Files.Count & " Files in the Excel Formulas Folder" End Sub microsoft scripting runtime But then you could change your code to: Sub Tester2() Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim FLDR As Scripting.Folder ...

Calendar Selection
I would like to have a cell validation with a calendar function. You've seen it; someone clicks on cell and instead of getting a dropdown list, you have a calendar you can select from with month and years to change from. Once the user selects the appropriate date, it places that date in the cell. Can this be done?? Hi DNA, See: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "DNA" <dnoel@fsgbank.com> wrote in message news:8c29b822e21276273f63a3391d963f5b@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... >I would like to have a cell validation with a calend...

Reference cell error
Hi When I use the following formula, I get #REF error. How can I fix it? Thank you =SUM('Daily Sworn Status'!M8) probably a misspelling of the sheet name da;722686 Wrote: > Hi > When I use the following formula, I get #REF error. > How can I fix it? > Thank you > > =SUM('Daily Sworn Status'!M8) -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=558 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.ph...

wrong selection gpago
I speak a litle English (very good Italian) George 01/01/2004 (selection from list) 31/12/200 (selection from list) Gregory 23/06/2004 (selection from list) 30/12/2004 (selection from list) Peter 01/04/2004 (selection from list) 20/05/2004 (selection from list) etc I have many workers about 150 persons. One of them works from dat 01/01/2004 to 31/12/2004. No continually in the year. For examble fro 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 and 10/03/04 to 10/04/04 etc. If he works in the first period from 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 he take 50,0 � every da...

select worksheets are corrupting/freezing
Background situation: I am working with a file that contains around 15 PivotTables, all linked to the same cache. The problem: For about a week I have been having trouble with a few of the worksheets - about 3 different tabs, each contains a chart. The file opens fine, no error messages, but when I click on one of the problematic worksheets and then try to change anything on it - close the field list, move the chart, or even select and move to a different worksheet, Excel begins to freeze, and portions of the screen are frozen to the image of the problematic worksheet. I even tried moving...

Mail not received when certain user is on the To: or CC: list
Hi, I am using Exchange Server 2003 SP 1 (I believe) with XP clients running Outlook. Basically we have a problem sending email to a specific user when another specific user is in the cc or to field. IE. We have 5 employees If anyone in the company sends a message to Employee number 1 and employee number 5 is also in the message (either TO: or CC; field) then employees Number 2,3,4 and 5 will get it but not employee number 1. However employees number 1 can receive mail from all employees as long as employee number 5 is not in either the TO: or CC: field. Any help??? Thanks Check ...

I can't select all my worksheets in Excel
I am unable to select all of my worksheets in my workbook. I know of all the different ways to do it, but is there a setting somewhere that would prevent me from selecting my sheet tabs...other than a protected worksheet? Not that I can think of. And even if the worksheet were protected, you should be able to select any sheet (or group any sheets). Dan Connors wrote: > > I am unable to select all of my worksheets in my workbook. I know of all the > different ways to do it, but is there a setting somewhere that would prevent > me from selecting my sheet tabs...other than a pr...

lookup from one column return value from another?
I want to check the value of one column (A) and then depending on the outcome add the value in the same row but column B to a total. Can I do this in a single cell formula or do I have to have an extra column that does the logic test and then a cell to do the totalling? Hi Maria not sure of exactly what you want but does =IF(A1="Fred",B1,0) give you what you want? if not could you type out an example of your data and what you want to see (please don't attach a workbook just type it out) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working...

A bug in Quote list with CRM v3?
With Contact or Account window open and quote tab is clicked, "Filter on - draft, won, closed..." feature is not working when "This Record only" is selected. But it works with the opportunities list. ...

Visio should allow selection of a frame per hyperlink like in MS W #2
I use Visio (and have done for years) and would really appreciate it if you would place the selection for a frame within your hyperlinks that would override the page default and allow the web pages that are created in Visio to be even more useful that they are. I was able to do this before 2003 version by putting the text "Target="{FRAME} at the end of the address (where {FRAME} was the frame name). This tricked Visio into doing what I needed and still do as i have used Visio and Word to create web processes with frames and hyperlinks. You have changed the way that the text is par...

credit card setup
Our reseller has ran off to the woods with our support $$. we are switching our credit card processing to CITI and are trying to set up our RMS system. We recieved setup info from Visanet but can't seem to get it to communicate. can anyone take the time to walk me through thank you so much running version 1.3.0203 Ron Call David, 408-848-3955 "shoeman240" wrote: > Our reseller has ran off to the woods with our support $$. we are switching > our credit card processing to CITI and are trying to set up our RMS system. > We recieved setup info from Visanet but can&...

SmartList Builder setup
Hi. I'm setting up our newly purchased SmartList Builder for GP 9 at our small company. I updated the registration keys, installed smartlist builder from Disc 1, re-ran GP Utilities, and updated the security settings. Now when I try to build a new smartlist query I have no fields to choose from for the SmartList ID. Did I skip a step? Is there another user guide out there besides the SmartList Builder's User Guide Release 9.0? Thanks for the help. There is a user guide under the documentation folder (located in the program folders for GP). I am undertanding coreectly what you ar...

CListCtrl: Changing height of currently selected item?
What I want to do is a list like the one in Windows Control Panel -> Software, where the currently selected list item is shown with more detailed information. My core problem is: How to change the height of the currently selected list item so that more detailed information can be displayed? Any ideas how to realize this easily (i.e. apart from doing the *complete* drawing of the list items by myself using CustomDraw)? Thanks, Harald hi u give one image list to the list control with regards Harish "Harald Karner" <harald_karner@a1.net> wrote in message news:c12cv8$1...