Setting series values on Excel Chart - 29451

Hi

I'm struggling very hard in getting beyond this error when trying to use VB to generate a chart from data previously inserted into the sheet.

Unable to set the Values property of the Series class.

The code works absolutely fine in XL2007 but I am having to port it back to 2003 and the inference is that its empty values that cause it to hiccup - something I cannot avoid.

My code is:

1. Retrieve selected data from database and place it at the top of the sheet

2. Add The Chart

3. Iterate through the data (amount can be variable depending upon user inputs)

For j as integer=1 to dtsales.Rows.Count
Dim myrange as string = .... 'Sets up the 'Sheet1!$B4:$M4' format range depending upon which columns are populated

chart.seriescollection(j).values = myrange  'Error here

Next

Everything I have researched on this point implies that empty values are the culprit. Two options I have tried are to set a named range and to put this against the value but this throws a type mismatch. The other option was to set the chart type of the series to an xcolumncluster and then to set it back after setting the values but this just threw the first error and so seemingly didnt make any difference.

Any help on this problem would be so gratefully received.

Thank you.

ASP.NET - Losing Session - ScaleOut StateServer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/44b2d61d-eb7a-4cef-9baa-1338b43edb8c/aspnet--losing-session.aspx
0
Mark

Inserting form values into a table

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Set request parameters for web services

How do I use traffic lights in excel

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Excel DNS query

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Excel Problem

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...