Setting series values on Excel Chart - 29448

Hi

I'm struggling very hard in getting beyond this error when trying to use VB to generate a chart from data previously inserted into the sheet.

Unable to set the Values property of the Series class.

The code works absolutely fine in XL2007 but I am having to port it back to 2003 and the inference is that its empty values that cause it to hiccup - something I cannot avoid.

My code is:

1. Retrieve selected data from database and place it at the top of the sheet

2. Add The Chart

3. Iterate through the data (amount can be variable depending upon user inputs)

For j as integer=1 to dtsales.Rows.Count

"Windows Defender" Beta 2 available (formerly "Microsoft Antispyware")
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/699400c6-10b3-4b91-927e-0c14ac717a80/windows-defender-beta-2.aspx
0
Mark

You may find that the 2007 code does not work in 2003 but the 2003 code will
work in both.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Mark Roberts" wrote in message news:201011192732mark@frazpro.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> I'm struggling very hard in getting beyond this error when trying to use
> VB to generate a chart from data previously inserted into the sheet.
>
> Unable to set the Values property of the Series class.
>
> The code works absolutely fine in XL2007 but I am having to port it back
> to 2003 and the inference is that its empty values that cause it to
> hiccup - something I cannot avoid.
>
> My code is:
>
> 1. Retrieve selected data from database and place it at the top of the
> sheet
>
> 2. Add The Chart
>
> 3. Iterate through the data (amount can be variable depending upon user
> inputs)
>
> For j as integer=1 to dtsales.Rows.Count

> "Windows Defender" Beta 2 available (formerly "Microsoft Antispyware")
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/699400c6-10b3-4b91-927e-0c14ac717a80/windows-defender-beta-2.aspx

0
Don

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

default values in a cell

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

Excel VBA