save as version 2003 problem

I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good
except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007.
I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using
2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format.

When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95

objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795  ','56 = xl
2000/2003

I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as
2003 but that's when the code is written in 2007. I cannot find a constant
in the list of constants in 2003 to save as 2003 (like xlExcel0003 for
example) and the "56" below causes the code to crash.

objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56

I may end up having to use xlExcel9795  and I think that will be okay but
how do I code this to ensure saving as 2003 format while writing the code in
2003?

Thanks,

Keith

0
Keith

Well to make this worse, I just learned that 2007 does not support saving as
95/97 so I'm guessing that if someone using Office 2007 runs my code that
has xlExcel9795 in it then they will get an error too.

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good
> except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office
> 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are
> using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format.
>
> When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95
>
> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795  ','56 = xl
> 2000/2003
>
> I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as
> 2003 but that's when the code is written in 2007. I cannot find a constant
> in the list of constants in 2003 to save as 2003 (like xlExcel0003 for
> example) and the "56" below causes the code to crash.
>
> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56
>
> I may end up having to use xlExcel9795  and I think that will be okay but
> how do I code this to ensure saving as 2003 format while writing the code
> in 2003?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

0
Keith
4/12/2010 2:40:04 PM
I think this will solve the problem. Any feedback?

    Dim lCurrXlVersion As Long
    lCurrXlVersion = objExcelApp.Version

    objExcelApp.DisplayAlerts = False
    Select Case lCurrXlVersion
        Case 11
            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName
        Case 12, 14
            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56 '56 = xl
2000/2003
        Case Else
            MsgBox "Error saving Excel file because you are not using
version 2003, 2007 or 2010"
    End Select

> Well to make this worse, I just learned that 2007 does not support saving
> as 95/97 so I'm guessing that if someone using Office 2007 runs my code
> that has xlExcel9795 in it then they will get an error too.
>

> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good
>> except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office
>> 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are
>> using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format.
>>
>> When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95
>>
>> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795  ','56 = xl
>> 2000/2003
>>
>> I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as
>> 2003 but that's when the code is written in 2007. I cannot find a
>> constant in the list of constants in 2003 to save as 2003 (like
>> xlExcel0003 for example) and the "56" below causes the code to crash.
>>
>> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56
>>
>> I may end up having to use xlExcel9795  and I think that will be okay but
>> how do I code this to ensure saving as 2003 format while writing the code
>> in 2003?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Keith

0
Keith
4/12/2010 2:53:06 PM
See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eCw7e$k2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I think this will solve the problem. Any feedback?
>
>    Dim lCurrXlVersion As Long
>    lCurrXlVersion = objExcelApp.Version
>
>    objExcelApp.DisplayAlerts = False
>    Select Case lCurrXlVersion
>        Case 11
>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName
>        Case 12, 14
>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56 '56 = xl
> 2000/2003
>        Case Else
>            MsgBox "Error saving Excel file because you are not using
> version 2003, 2007 or 2010"
>    End Select
>

> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Well to make this worse, I just learned that 2007 does not support saving
>> as 95/97 so I'm guessing that if someone using Office 2007 runs my code
>> that has xlExcel9795 in it then they will get an error too.
>>

>> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good
>>> except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office
>>> 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are
>>> using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format.
>>>
>>> When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95
>>>
>>> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795  ','56 = xl
>>> 2000/2003
>>>
>>> I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as
>>> 2003 but that's when the code is written in 2007. I cannot find a
>>> constant in the list of constants in 2003 to save as 2003 (like
>>> xlExcel0003 for example) and the "56" below causes the code to crash.
>>>
>>> objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56
>>>
>>> I may end up having to use xlExcel9795  and I think that will be okay but
>>> how do I code this to ensure saving as 2003 format while writing the code
>>> in 2003?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Keith

0
Ron
4/12/2010 8:04:36 PM
That's where I got some of the code I'm using but it only works if you are
running it in 2007/2010. If you try to do this:

    objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56

in Access 2003 vba, it doesn't run because "56" is not a valid version # as
far as vba 2003 is concerned.

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> See
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I think this will solve the problem. Any feedback?
>>
>>    Dim lCurrXlVersion As Long
>>    lCurrXlVersion = objExcelApp.Version
>>
>>    objExcelApp.DisplayAlerts = False
>>    Select Case lCurrXlVersion
>>        Case 11
>>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName
>>        Case 12, 14
>>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56 '56 = xl
>> 2000/2003
>>        Case Else
>>            MsgBox "Error saving Excel file because you are not using
>> version 2003, 2007 or 2010"
>>    End Select
>>

>> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Well to make this worse, I just learned that 2007 does not support
>>> saving as 95/97 so I'm guessing that if someone using Office 2007 runs
>>> my code that has xlExcel9795 in it then they will get an error too.
>>>

>>> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Keith
4/12/2010 8:26:19 PM
Do you say that the macro example from my site is not working if you run it in 2003

--

"Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:#lBRs5n2KHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> That's where I got some of the code I'm using but it only works if you are
> running it in 2007/2010. If you try to do this:
>
>    objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56
>
> in Access 2003 vba, it doesn't run because "56" is not a valid version # as
> far as vba 2003 is concerned.
>

> "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
>> See
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I think this will solve the problem. Any feedback?
>>>
>>>    Dim lCurrXlVersion As Long
>>>    lCurrXlVersion = objExcelApp.Version
>>>
>>>    objExcelApp.DisplayAlerts = False
>>>    Select Case lCurrXlVersion
>>>        Case 11
>>>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName
>>>        Case 12, 14
>>>            objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, 56 '56 = xl
>>> 2000/2003
>>>        Case Else
>>>            MsgBox "Error saving Excel file because you are not using
>>> version 2003, 2007 or 2010"
>>>    End Select
>>>

>>> "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Ron

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

how to convert to metric system in visio 2003?
how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:00:00 -0800, alsari <alsari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? Don't be reluctant to tell us what you want to do. We can only guess otherwise. Do you want to use metric rather that imperial measurement templates and stencils? Do you want to convert current diagrams to metric? Do you just want to show measurements in metric units? Metric templates and stencils may not have been installed on your system. Use menu Tools -> Options to set the default measurement t...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Save as in Access 2002
I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message news:002301c3c0de$09859d10$a50...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

Outlook 2003 from SBS2003
Hi, After we upgraded our server to SBS2003 over the weekend and as a part of this rollout all our client machines running XP and Office XP were upgraded to the Outlook 2003 client. Since this has occured no one can use word 2002 (Office XP) as the default Message editor. It appears that Outlook 2003 has changed the default setting for saying Microsoft Word edit to now say Office Word 2003 which by the way is greyed out. Probably due to the fact that none of the clients have office 2003 installed on them on the new Outlook 2003 that occured during this upgrade. Any idea's wo...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Make outlook 2003 start in favorites
I am trying to get my outlook 2003 to startup the left pane in th Favorites tab, instead of the Mail tab. It is annoying for me to hav to switch tabs every time i start it up, as I prefer to be in m favorites. How can this be done ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

Exchange 2003 migration #4
Hi, Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)). I am running MS Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it) and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to perform this migration? Thank you very much in advance, Greg The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers. The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org a...

line breaks in Outlook 2003
Why does Outlook 2003 remove "extra line breaks" in email msgs? It's quite annoying b/c I belong to several listservs and some of them send digests that require you to get those "extra line breaks" back. Ex of orig: 11. Job opening: Desktop Specialist- Chicago IL 12. Monitors to donate 13. Moving - any suggestions 14. Reply to... wimming with the dolphins... How do you read that? I have to click the remove line breaks button EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't find a setting to stop this. This was never an issue in OL2000. -- ------------------------------- remove "sm...