Running Excel 12.0 Application on Office 2003

After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help....

I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007).  Now,
I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003)
and my application will not work.

I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007).  It seems that If I develop the
application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0.  However, how do I do that?
I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my
development machine.  If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can
reference "Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library", but not the excel
Libraries.  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel still references "Microsoft Excel
12.0 Object Library".

The closest I got to was in this thread :

http://objectmix.com/dotnet/104361-excel-2003-2007-dev-machine-deployment-problems-excel-2003machine.html

Does anyone have any known and proven solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Hello:
This is not really an answer to your question, but in my Consulting
practice, I found it useful to have several platforms.  I have one system
with Office 2003 and another one with Office 2007 (I even have an older
system with Office 2000).  I use Windows Home Server to share Spreadsheets
and Access Databases, and I use a terminal switch to move between
workstations sharing one monitor.  It makes my life a lot easier.

I'm sure that you will get an MVP to assist you with your issue.
Kindest Regards,

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"BK" wrote:

> After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help....
>
> I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007).  Now,
> I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003)
> and my application will not work.
>
> I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007).  It seems that If I develop the
> application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0.  However, how do I do that?
> I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my
> development machine.  If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can
> reference "Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library", but not the excel
> Libraries.  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel still references "Microsoft Excel
> 12.0 Object Library".
>
> The closest I got to was in this thread :
>
> http://objectmix.com/dotnet/104361-excel-2003-2007-dev-machine-deployment-problems-excel-2003machine.html
>
> Does anyone have any known and proven solutions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The basic problem is that you can develop and build for the latest
version of Excel installed on the machine. For example, if you have
both 2003 and 2007 on the same machine, you cannot develop for 2003,
only 2007.  This MAJOR flaw in VSTO was fixed in VS2008 and VS2010.

If you are writing commercial quality applications for Office using
the NET framework, I would strongly recommend Add-In Express For NET,
www.add-in-express.com . Their software makes it simple to write NET
code for any version of Office going back to 2000 and provides
version-neutral interops so you're not tied to any particular version.
Nearly all my commercial work is based on AIX templates.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Thu, 6 May 2010 11:25:01 -0700, BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help....
>
>I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007).  Now,
>I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003)
>and my application will not work.
>
>I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007).  It seems that If I develop the
>application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0.  However, how do I do that?
>I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my
>development machine.  If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can
>reference "Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library", but not the excel
>Libraries.  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel still references "Microsoft Excel
>12.0 Object Library".
>
>The closest I got to was in this thread :
>
>http://objectmix.com/dotnet/104361-excel-2003-2007-dev-machine-deployment-problems-excel-2003machine.html
>
>Does anyone have any known and proven solutions?
>
>Thanks in advance.
0
Chip

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

learning Excel #3