Run make table query from Excel with Access closed

I have an make table query in Access that I want to be able to run from
Excel.  Ultimately I would like to be able to run the make table with Access
closed and no messages appearing until the table is made...then a notice
saying the make table is complete.  Is there any way to run a make table
access query from Excel without opening Access?  Thanks.

Kick this around. Should help
Sub makeTable()
'Needs reference the Axtive X Library 2.0 or higher
 Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
 Dim sCnn As String
 Dim sTableName As String
 Dim sMakeTableName As String

    sTableName = "Table name"
    sMakeTableName = "Make Table Name"

     Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
     With cn
        .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"
        .ConnectionString = "Data Source=C:\Database.mdb"
        .Open
        .Execute ("SELECT " & sTableName & ".* INTO " & sMakeTableName & "
FROM " & sTableName & "")
        .Close
    End With
    Set cn = Nothing

End Sub

"deeds" wrote:

> I have an make table query in Access that I want to be able to run from
> Excel.  Ultimately I would like to be able to run the make table with Access
> closed and no messages appearing until the table is made...then a notice
> saying the make table is complete.  Is there any way to run a make table
> access query from Excel without opening Access?  Thanks.
Thanks...however, it is stopping at:  Dim cn As ADODB.Connection  any ideas?
Thanks again.

"Mike" wrote:

> Kick this around. Should help
> Sub makeTable()
> 'Needs reference the Axtive X Library 2.0 or higher
>  Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
>  Dim sCnn As String
>  Dim sTableName As String
>  Dim sMakeTableName As String
>
>     sTableName = "Table name"
>     sMakeTableName = "Make Table Name"
>
>      Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
>      With cn
>         .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"
>         .ConnectionString = "Data Source=C:\Database.mdb"
>         .Open
>         .Execute ("SELECT " & sTableName & ".* INTO " & sMakeTableName & "
> FROM " & sTableName & "")
>         .Close
>     End With
>     Set cn = Nothing
>
> End Sub
>
> "deeds" wrote:
>
> > I have an make table query in Access that I want to be able to run from
> > Excel.  Ultimately I would like to be able to run the make table with Access
> > closed and no messages appearing until the table is made...then a notice
> > saying the make table is complete.  Is there any way to run a make table
> > access query from Excel without opening Access?  Thanks.

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

Pivot Table Question #5

learning Excel #3

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

Access to User Calendar

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Excel VBA

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...