Repost - checking date of latest Forefront updates

Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates
date?

--
Steve
0

Don't know about VBA but here is the home site.  Maybe you can find
something there.

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/en/us/default.aspx

"AltaEgo" <Somewhere@NotHere> wrote in message

> Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates
> date?
>

> --
> Steve

0
JLGWhiz
3/12/2010 11:12:07 PM
Good answer. Bad question!  More detail:

I need to audit many computers checking  many setting and values. Rather
than one document per machine, I wish to build a table in Excel. One of the
things I need to pick up is the most recent installed Forefront update date
(these are/should be pushed through WSUS). Does someone know how to read the
most recent installed Forefront date using VBA?

Hopefully, that's a bit clearer.
--
Steve

"JLGWhiz" <JLGWhiz@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Don't know about VBA but here is the home site.  Maybe you can find
> something there.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/en/us/default.aspx
>

> "AltaEgo" <Somewhere@NotHere> wrote in message
>>
>> Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates
>> date?
>>

>> --
>> Steve

0
AltaEgo

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Can't check autofilter
I have problem about filters. I can't use filters by checking in box in Autofilter Menu (in red box in the picture) but I can use other filters normally. I don't know how it happen but I want to use it again. Please help me. [image: http://www.uppic.net/ip/12problem.jpg] -- jatupal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jatupal's Profile: http://www.citrixguide.com2235 View this thread: http://www.citrixguide.com/showthread.php?t=63821 ...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

Repost: Exporting contacts
i know that i can export an personnal contacts from Outlook2003, but how can i do it from Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Are you talking about exporting the contacts from the Contacts folder in someone's mailbox? You can use the ExMerge tool to do that. You can find it with the Exchange 2003 tools at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/default.mspx. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: http://geekbargains.blogspot.com "Durby Groy" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23S9MCTeUFHA.35...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

reality check: 1GB mailboxes?
Is anyone else getting pressure to compete with GMail and offer 1GB mailboxes to their Exchange Server 2003 users? To me, Exchange is a messaging/collaboration platform, not a file server. The issue I'm faced with lately is file attachments on email messages. They can be anywhere from 20KB to 50MB (or more). Limiting the file attachment size means finding an alternative to sending/receiving files that don't make the cut. Since sending email with attachments is so pervasive and easy (albeit, insecure), asking users to send/receive files another way could result in a decrease in ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Updating item properties.
We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with different commission rate for different as below: Men’s Clothing – 2% Women’s Clothing – 2% Men’s Accessories – 1% Men’s Accessories – 1% And this will be a percent of sale. Is this done with an update query? It can be done with an SQL update query. How do you know if an item is men's acc... ? "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57AEFC9-2DEC-46C7-AD96-EE950322155E@microsoft.com... > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Check Schemas are correct
Hi, I have a lot of schemas to load into a schema collection. I load them in by reading each one into a XMLTextReader from disk and add them into a schema collection. I have a couple of issues to contend with. 1. The targetnamespace on all the schemas (except ones which define generic types) are the same. 2. The DefaultNamespace is the same as the Targetnamespace (I think this should be ok) 3. Some of the schemas import other sschemas containing type definitions. How does the schema collection object handle adding a schema that imports other schemas?? Say I have two schemas A and B which ...