Reference a cell value in a formula

I have the following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Summary!$F$7:$F$15000)=1)*1)

I want the "15000" to be replaced by the varaible value of a cell in an
other worksheet ("Summary").

I tried using INDIRECT but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(OFFSET(Summary!$E$7,0,0,C4,1))=1)*1)

C4 in this case is the cell that holds the number of items to be used in the
calculation
--
If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal
charity on my behalf ..... and click Yes

"Leon" wrote:

> I have the following formula:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Summary!$F$7:$F$15000)=1)*1)
>
> I want the "15000" to be replaced by the varaible value of a cell in an
> other worksheet ("Summary").
>
> I tried using INDIRECT but it didn't work.
>
> Thanks in advance

visual basic

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Single click selects multiple cells

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Need to add to current formula

Value is BLANK

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...