Recording Macro Error Message

While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write
the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a
microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting
OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired
result/calculation.

When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the
code, but the furmula is not listed.

I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How
do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all aspects of a
macro recording?

Any and All Help is Appreciated - Thank You

Look for the Stop Macro button right where you clicked the Record button.
This will reset the macro.

If you continue to get the error then skip the part that causes the error
and where you want to enter a formula use this line of code instead of using
the recorder.

    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Formula = "=SUM(A1:A10)"

I assumed Sheet1 and cell A1 and the SUM formula, but you can tweak it to
fit your application.  Hope this helps!  If so, let me know, click "YES"
below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"MWS-C360" wrote:

> While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write
> the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a
> microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting
> OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired
> result/calculation.
>
> When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the
> code, but the furmula is not listed.
>
> I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How
> do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all aspects of a
> macro recording?
>
> Any and All Help is Appreciated - Thank You

Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite text Length? eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks Hi only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change the font size): http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF...

Error msge on closing Outlook
When I go out of Outlook I get an error message the contents which are listed below. How do I solve this pain in the butt? AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.6023.5000 AppStamp:46574050 ModName: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2000.929 ModStamp:39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Running XP Pro SR2 with all updates to date and have Office 2007 Enterprise on board. Hard to say offhand, but there are a few standard steps that might help: See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm Also you might try repairing Outlook fron Control Panel | Add/Remo...

"Server Recipients" gives an error
I have a Mixed Mode 5.5 setup with several 2000 and one exchange 2003 server. If I select the exchange 2003 server in MS Exchange 5.5 Admin and click on that servers "Server Recipients", I recieve this message. The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object Microsoft Exchage Address Book ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 Any comments would be helpful. Thanks. hmmm...I can see items in this container in my Exchange admin program with no problem...where are you looking at this? on a server? or on a workstation? were you ever able to...

Journaling not archiving messages
I've enabled journaling on Exchange 2003 and none of the messages are saving. I did the same on a test server, but only outgoing messages were being archived. Both Outlook 2000 and 2003 are being used for messaging. I'm trying to archive messages to a public folder. Any ideas would be appreciated. -LW Did you read : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3Journal/0526b555-4da6-4ab0-93e5-1e6d20962c89.mspx ? Also, journaling to a public folder is not recommended. On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:05:05 -0800, "LW" <LW@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Using Rules to Respond to Messages
I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed, if a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource in the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or decline the meeting. Well, your resource is setup to automatically accept resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests submitted as email. I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person. Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource field. PROBLEM: I can'...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Error Within IF Statement
Could anyone assist me in assessing what is wrong with the formula below. I am getting a message "the formula you typed contains and error". What is highlighted is the last AND shown below Thanks =IF(F3="DOB Missing","Can't Calculate Rate",IF(D3="Country","",(IF(AND(F3<18),Rates!D16,(IF(AND(F3<19,F3>=18),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=19,F3<20,J3>1),Rates!D12,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3<1),Rates!D10,(IF(AND(F3>=20,J3>1,J3<2),Rates!D12,Rates!G31))))))))))))) John, You hav...

Unable to add tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. ...

Cannot reply or forward messages
I cannot reply or forward messages in Outlook. When I try it automatically says Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have installed all the latest updates and don't know what to do. I don't have a problem reading messages. Shelby, This happens because MS Word is your default mail editor, change that and problem resolved. I had the same issue awhile back... Good Luck. Sal >-----Original Message----- >I cannot reply or forward messages in Outlook. When I >try it automatically says Outlook has encountered a >problem and needs to close. I have ...

Error Code 0x8007000E
Sorry in advance I know not a lot about computers! Just bought a new computer and installed Outlook 2007 - every time a try to send an email it comes up with the following warning: Sending reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It is a brand new computer and I have been trying it only running Outlook and that still does not work. Ran the diagnostic but it is say that everything is ok and the test emails are going through - the are not entering Outlook but can find them on Bigpond email website. PLEASE HEL...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

error: failed to provision your initial business
Hi All, during installing CRM 1.2 from the CD we are receiving the following error msg: Failed to install microsoft customer relationship management server. Failed to provosion your initial business Failed to create root business Catastropic failure (8000FFFF) we are using win2000 adv srv sql2000 and crm 1.2 any ideas ?? did anyone else got this error ? I searched MS support site and KB but no use ! thanks in advance Regds ...

Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared.
I have many files like this one with identical statements for the MasterType, Content and for: <div id="QQQ"> and for the script shown below. A couple of those files cause the error: Error 227 'QQQ' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. The following markup is from one of those files. What could possibly be the problem with this file? Thanks <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="2010Events.aspx.vb" Inhe...

Script to monitor email messages
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I was wondering if it's possible to write a macro script that will monitor incoming emails and send info to an Access database? To make it more clearer, here's the scenario: I need to monitor emails wich have the word "Handovers" from specific groups and i'd like the macro script to put a "Yes" on one of the fields in an Access database. Is this even possible or do i have to ask someone who's more an expert on Access? Please, i hope someone out there can help me. Thanks, -- "excel newbie&...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

Out look express error
Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook and restart it. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do i fix it? Thanks Mike Michael Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Sometimes when i open outlook express where my list of > messages should be i get a error saying MESSAGE LIST > CONTROL the only way to get rid of it is to close outlook > and restart it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Macro cannot be disabled nor signed.
Following Error message. "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security Level." Why is this happening....and what is the solution. -- PeteM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeteM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23736 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374104 Pete, You have an Excel 4 macro in the workbook. It's a completely diffe...

Changed relationship; records no longer linked
I have a Corporates table holding details of company customers. I have a CorpContacts table holding details of our contact persons at those companies. Originally I had a relationship (one to many) between Corporates.CorpName and CorpContacts.CorpName. I had a Corporates form which contained a CorpContacts subform displaying the contact persons' details. All working fine. But if we updated the name of the company i.e. Corporates.CorpName, the link was lost and the contact persons were no longer displayed. So I introduced new fields in each table ("CorpID"), i.e. some...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Error received when assigning cases ; "The parameter is incorrect"
When users try to assign cases, they periodically receive the error message below. We've run SQL Profiler traces, CRMDiag and sent those files to Microsoft support. however they're not finding anything "wrong" here, and I'm beginning to get frustrated with not being able to narrow down the cause. Has anyone else experienced this issue? if so, how did you resolve it? Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred duri...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Encrypt or Hide Macro
Hi All Hopefully someone out there can help me! I have written a macro that will auotomatically retreive fields from a database. How can i encrypt or totally hide the macro, so that users will not be able to see what is contained within the macro? Thx Go to the VBE, right click the project from the browser on the left an select "VBA Project Properties" On the second tab you should be able to set a password and lock it. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can also hide by putting this as the first line on the module Option Private Module -- Don Gui...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

Exchange has reported error, nothing in event logs
My exchange monitor has been send this alert out recently. We have recieve the error 3 times and have found nothing in the event logs. Any help is greatly appreciated! "TPEXCH00" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Error" Services - "OK" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" Sounds like a problem with the monitoring being unable to collect the disk space information, which could be a problem with WMI. Have you tried restarting the Exchange Management service? This is what allows Ex...