Received .xls with macro I can't find.

I was sent an Excel file .XLS and a .XLM - So my issue is on the .XLS
file theres buttons and user forms that appear when those buttons are
clicked as well as other basic funcationality macros.  BUT I can't
find the user forms or the macros.  What am I missing?

-Steve
0
brittonsm

Where have you looked for the Userforms and the macros?

Alt + F11 to open Visual Basic Editor.  Ctrl + r to open Project Explorer.

Expand your workbook/project.  See any Forms or Modules?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:28:32 -0800 (PST), brittonsm <brittonsm@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I was sent an Excel file .XLS and a .XLM - So my issue is on the .XLS
>file theres buttons and user forms that appear when those buttons are
>clicked as well as other basic funcationality macros.  BUT I can't
>find the user forms or the macros.  What am I missing?
>
>-Steve

0
Gord
11/30/2009 9:20:44 PM
While it wouldn't explain the "missing" user forms - have you looked on the
sheet objects (in VBE) to see if the buttons are activex controls with code
directly on the sheet?

"brittonsm" wrote:

> I was sent an Excel file .XLS and a .XLM - So my issue is on the .XLS
> file theres buttons and user forms that appear when those buttons are
> clicked as well as other basic funcationality macros.  BUT I can't
> find the user forms or the macros.  What am I missing?
>
> -Steve
> .

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Refund received!
I received a check today from MS for the downloaded version of Money 05 Premium . zztook about 3-4 weeks. On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:57:06 GMT, "Shorty" <hankmackxxxx@usa.net> wrote: >I received a check today from MS for the downloaded version of Money 05 >Premium . zztook about 3-4 weeks. I figured Microsoft would give a refund about the same time the Red Sox played in the world series. Amazingly enough the Red Sox are in the world series. I didn't think I'd see that happen in my lifetime. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secu...

Same message received many times
Outlook 2002 downloads the same message hundreds of times. Outlook is set to leave a copy of message on server, and delete mail after 4 days, and delete when deleted from deleted items. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks. What sort of mail account(s) do you have? Is it only one particular message that gets downloaded repeatedly, or do you get all messages over and over? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "jerry" <jmascari@instantlink.com> wrote in message news:01f901c35d02$baa1...

"you don't have appropriate permissions..." when click on Send/Receive
Outlook 2003. One of my users is getting the following error message when he clicks on the Send/Receive button: "You don't have appropriate permissions to perform this operation." He has two e-mail accounts set up (as we all do). One is an IMAP setup to the University e-mail server. The other is an Exchange Server account to a server in our local college domain. He can select the Inbox of either account, and then do Send/Receive ..."This folder" without error. Furthermore, the periodic Send/Receive on both boxes works without errors. If he attempts to select S...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet
I just received this from Mark Joyner. Everyone on the Internet needs to read this, and you should forward this to your friends, as well. I tried this "Manuscript" he refers to myself and it was, without a doubt, the most profound experience of my business life. I'm still shaking from reading it. I feel like a fog has been lifted from my eyes! Anyway, here's the letter he sent me about it: =============== Dear Subscriber, If I could show you one simple technique that in 5 minutes would increase your Internet sales by 32% would you do it? What if I had a collection of...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\a
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ewfrgh32gh02439-eftrpewjtrrewgfs dg fd g fds g fds g fds g fds g fds gfds g fd g fdasdsadsadsad fds g fd g fdsg jbn...

Received Not Invoiced Report
Hi, I entered a few Receiving Shipment transactions without a Purchase Order. These Receiving transactions had landed cost entered. Now i havent entered the Purchasing Invoices for these landed costs and so they show up on the Received Not Invoiced Report. Another AP person entered the landed cost invoices from the Payables Transaction Entry and now i want to get rid of the landed cost invoices from the Received Not Invoice report, how do i go about doing that? Please help. Thnx Dev ...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But, whenever I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body gets deleted when the voting response email is sent. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body when the voting responses are sent? So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay w...

Excel 2004 security upgrade effect on macros

Run-time error 2137 Received On Form Open
Hi All, I have a switchboard that enables users to add, edit, or view reports. My edit button runs a marco that opens my form but then also runs code Find(). This has worked for a few years but now a user receives the run-time error 2137 when they click that button. Any ideas on the fix or should the user upload another copy of their front end? It is running on Access 2003. Thanks. Is it one user or are there multiple users which get the error. Has a service pack been installed? Take a look here: http://www.allenbrowne.com/bug-Access2003SP3.html First start by co...

Where to find Product key in Windows.old folder?
I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the product key for my MS Ultimate Office 2007 I purchased from Digital River last year. I cannot get the product key from Digital River anymore. I know the key is saved somewhere in the windows.old folder, but i cannot determine where the files is located. please help. -- AZDiablo "undisclosed" wrote in message news:9792f4744e43417cc7b3bde5581351cd@nntp-gateway.com... > > I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the > product key for my MS Ultimate Offi...

RECEIVED & SENT Column Confusion
I see you can display the SENT column optionally in Outlook 2003. But strangely, the SENT column shows a time newer than the RECEIVED column. Like a message will say SENT 9:59 PM & RECEIVED 9:31 PM. What's up with that? Thanks, BTJustice one of the mail servers or computers has the wrong time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Macro to merge cells of the same colour/pattern index
Hi guys, I am hoping that some one here can help me, First off i have a very, very basic knowledge of excel and vba so please bear with me and i will try to describe what it is i am trying to do as best as possible. I have a worksheet that has a list of equipment down the left hand side and week numbers going across the top 1 to 52. The spreadsheet is essentially a plan of what equipment is being used by certain processes, represented by coloured or patterned formatted cells in the weeks they will be in use. Kind of like a gantt chart. Currently i have a spreadsheet were i...

VBA Macro: Word 2003 (FormFields)
Hi, I have a question on how to capture a hyperlink that is inserted behind a checked FormField (type Checkbox). The idea is to create some sort of index page with checkboxes, which will summarize a number of hyperlinks (which point towards several files on the company network). A button will print out all of the CHECKED checkboxes. I'm not able to achieve this. This is my code so far: Private Sub PrintButton_Click() For x = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count If ActiveDocument.FormFields(x).Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then If ActiveDocume...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...

Send/Receive #12
Get error message: "Operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! That usually means address book problems... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search...

Redeployment Wizard Can't Find Database
I have retored the CRM DB to the SQL Server and am able to access it via SSMS. When I run the redeployment wizard on the App server it give the message "Unable to retrieve a list of databases from the specified server" If I point the redployment wizard to our PROD or TEST servers it sees those databases. Mark; Sounds like a sql permission error - do you have the sysadmin role on the specified server? Also, make sure you have both the _MSCRM and the _METABASE databases restored, and that the prefix of the database names are identical. Dave Ireland "Mark" <Mar...

Macro in Excel 2000
During opening Excel file is displaying message about contains macro. Excel give two posibility: open with or without macro. After opening with macro, I can't see it in macros list (Tools/Macro/Macros). How I can check this macro and how I can delete it ?? Go to the VB IDE (Alt-F11) If the workbook has modules, select it, then remove it (File>Remove Module1). Say no to exporting. Then click on ThisWorkbook, and each Sheet listed to see if there is any code there, if so delete it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Marcin_71" <Marcin71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Receiving emails
When I go to my inbox, the only way I can retreive messages is by clicking on Tools, the send/receive, then send/receive all. Can I retreive messages without doing this? Having absolutely no information to go on, I would have to say, probably. Outlook version? Mail account type? Send/receive settings? Automatic polling interval set? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tamara ...

Help with vba autorunning macro?
Hello, How do I automate (write code in Access) to tell it to run a macro I had created in Access everyday at 6AM? I tried using Windows XP Task Scheduler, but it didn't work. Any help is appreciated. THanks What does "it didn't work" mean in the context of trying to use Task Scheduler? What command line did you try? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99EABB88-3DDA-...

Advanced Find and Reports 02-07-06
I am attempting to create a report using the Advanced Find option and am experiencing a problem. I have a number of nested topics configured under Subject, but I seem unable to report on items below the top level. For example, if I have the following: Cars Ford Subaru Volvo Is it possible to simply select Cars within the Subject field and have it recurse through the tree (ie. include all branches)? ...

user receives own message from DL
Greetings, I'm looking for a way to set a company wide policy so that if a user sends a email to a distribution list that he is a member of, he does not receive that email. Is there any way to do this other than Outlook rules? You are talking about changing the way Exchange works. If you can accomplish this via rules, then great, but you won't find anything server-based that will allow you to configure this - at least none that I am aware of. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.co...

Find an attribute starting with
Hi, I use this syntax to find all nodes with an attribute starting with a letter: "//*/[@AAAAAA[starts-with(.,'A')]" but it doesn't work... Why? Thanks in advance Bye BlackSun black_sun@email.it wrote: > I use this syntax to find all nodes with an attribute starting with a > letter: "//*/[@AAAAAA[starts-with(.,'A')]" > but it doesn't work... //*[@*[starts-with(., 'A')]] selects all element nodes that have an attribute (of any name) where the attribute value starts with the letter 'A'. Is that what you want? If not I th...

Cannot find News Button
I have recently installed Office 2003 with Outlook. I cannot access Newsgroups. I have tried to configure the GO menu as instructed but cannot locate a News Button in the configure box. Can anyone help please? thanks When I asked this question some time ago, they told me that Outlook Express 'is the newsreader' of Outlook... "Bryan1945" <Bryan1945@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E15251-552A-407B-8347-1BC198B97FF1@microsoft.com... >I have recently installed Office 2003 with Outlook. I cannot access > Newsgroups. I have tried to configure th...