Pull info from access to excel userfom and edit an existing record

Hi All,

I have created a system which consists of a Userform in excell and database
in Access. Rite now I have the following features in the form:

- Users can insert data into the database through the userform by clicking a
button "Enter"

I want to add two more features:

1. I want users to pull info from the database into userform fields
    Eg: if user enters "User ID: " fields like "Name" "Phone" "Fax" should
be pulled from access into respective userform fields.

2. Once the user pulls these data from access, the user should be able to
update their details and on clicking "Enter" button that particular users
data should be updated in access.
   Eg: If ueer enters "E111009" in the "User ID:" field the details pulled
from access are" "Name: Tom" ; "Phone: 123 456 7890" ; "Fax: 122 333 4444"

so once user updated his "Fax" to "999 999 9999" and clicks "Enter" I want
the new fax number to update the users record. I dont want to enter a new
enter in access once anything change. I want to identify the same row and
update that particular row if there is any edit made to the record.

Hope I made it clear,

Thanks in Advance

something like this
With rs
  .Fields("Name") = Me.Textbox1.value
  .Fields("Fax") = Me.Textbox2.value
  .Update
End With

"sam" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have created a system which consists of a Userform in excell and database
> in Access. Rite now I have the following features in the form:
>
> - Users can insert data into the database through the userform by clicking a
> button "Enter"
>
> I want to add two more features:
>
> 1. I want users to pull info from the database into userform fields
>     Eg: if user enters "User ID: " fields like "Name" "Phone" "Fax" should
> be pulled from access into respective userform fields.
>
> 2. Once the user pulls these data from access, the user should be able to
> update their details and on clicking "Enter" button that particular users
> data should be updated in access.
>    Eg: If ueer enters "E111009" in the "User ID:" field the details pulled
> from access are" "Name: Tom" ; "Phone: 123 456 7890" ; "Fax: 122 333 4444"
>
> so once user updated his "Fax" to "999 999 9999" and clicks "Enter" I want
> the new fax number to update the users record. I dont want to enter a new
> enter in access once anything change. I want to identify the same row and
> update that particular row if there is any edit made to the record.
>
> Hope I made it clear,
>
> Thanks in Advance

cannot edit entry
I have downloaded statements from my bank for over a year now and never had any problems. Now I am getting entries that download and then cannot be edited. I cannot remove them, nothing. It does not happen all the time. Any ideas? Would this be relevant? http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 or http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su...

Excel VBA
I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets and 2 of them are letters. I would like to autofill data into the letters by using the userform. I have been able to code it using 1 worksheet. Is it possible to use same userform for the different worksheets? Thank you! Very simple, but you need to be more specific if you want some aid. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "djshides" <djshides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51B36917-FC0E-4567-B7D7-4B37E8A365B1@microsoft.com... > I have a workbook t...

Immediate revocation of Exchange Access
I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and exchange for security purposes. Any suggestions? tomweho@hotmail.com ..357 magnum ?? under ad user and computers you can dsable most of exchange features. under exchange advanced, you can remove read and full control to this mailbox to self user. i guess this is it hth Pedro Leite ------------------------------------------ "Exchange Groups" <tomweho@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:ui%23NQXWkGHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and e...

Autofilters i Excel 2007
Hi, I recently upgraded to Excel 2007. Do anyone know if there is a way to get the old autofilter back? I really miss the the fast and easy old one. There must be some kind of setting that disables the Pivot-ish autofilter that is default in Excel 2007, right? Thanks in advance In 2007 Autofilter is on the "Data" ribbon. It is just named "Filter". "Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C21AB5B-A159-4366-8350-354DF18ED523@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I recently upgraded to Excel 2007. Do anyone know if there is a way to g...

OWA access #12
Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has passed. UserB was able to log onto UserA mailbox via OWA. We do not have the "change password" facility available in OWA. How was UserB able to do this? thanks ShuggyB "free.teranews.com" <hgaryblackSPAMFRITTER@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovig4FhwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. > > UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has > passed. ...

Excel CSV files
Why when I open up an existing CSv file does it lose all its formatting. Why, when some cells are formatted as text do thay convert to general when the file is opened If you open a .csv file in Notepad you will see that it has no format. As it's name implies, it is Values, Seperated by Commas. Chris Wrote: > Why when I open up an existing CSv file does it lose all its formatting. > Why, > when some cells are formatted as text do thay convert to general when > the > file is opened -- Bryan Hessey ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

accessing crm via RWW or terminal service ?
Hi , Can anyone pls give me some help on using CRM 3.0 via terminal server or remote web workplace. This way we dont need to worry about VPN's and give outlook or webaccess within the terminal/RWW itself.. any feedback ? thanks Thanks Larry. Very helpful. "Larry Lentz [CRM MVP]" <LarryLentzCRMMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE62280-4345-4405-8C1A-DE41ABD7772A@microsoft.com... > Accessing CRM via RWW and Terminal Services/RDP is no problem. If you can > log > into your workstation via RWW or RDP, you can certainly access CRM if you ...

How to convert an Excel file to CSV File
IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. Any other options/ways we can do this. Thanks, Damu "Damu"... > IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I > used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. hi Damu, Worksforme, what did it do instead for you. If you view it in Excel it is going to look like nothing changed. View the created .csv file with Notepad such as right click on the file from Explorer (File Manager) and View with No...

How many entries can Excel handle!?
I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be when entries get tossed out? You are no where near the limit. Check out the help file article "Excel limits and specifications". There must be something else going on. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Rebecca Sage" <RebeccaSage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4241294E-484E-4A8A-9304-0E0C45E643A3@microsoft.com... >I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to ...

I can't select cells on Excel using the touch pad, and neither the sheet not the workbook is protected

offline access to message rules with Exchange account
Is there any way to get access to the message rules when there is an Exchange account in the mix (in offline mode, synchronized)? I want to have offline access to the Exchange public folders, but I also want to be able to use client-side message rules for my other POP email accounts. (Outlook in online mode is too slow to get anything done in my case.) I tried setting my mail delivery to a local folder, but apparently this doesn't do the trick. This is Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Thanks for any help. ...

Excel XP: Page Setup Issue
How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious Thanks in advance Joe Mathis "Joe Mathis" <jmathis@designworkshop.com> wrote in message news:845FBE98-1D78-49BD-865A-6B3A397A41B9@microsoft.com... > How can I create different page setup options for each worksheet in a workbook? As I change the page setup within one worksheet it changes all of them. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? > >...

Missing "Edit Page" under "Site Actions"
I am using WSS3.0 with Project Server 2007. Both apps are patched with sp2 and Feb CU. On each of my pages, while logged in as the site administrator, the "Edit Page" option does not appear in the "Site Actions" drop down menu. The only option I have is Site Settings. I verified that I am listed as a site collection Admin, is there anywhere else i should look? ------=_NextPart_0001_7C71EB48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Edit page option will be disabled on any page when another user has checked-out that particular pa...

How to add patterns to excel tia sal2
Greets All I would like to make/add a pattern for a background cell in excel how can I make one and add it to the options in excel to choose from? Tia Excel has a limited color model and you can't add/subtract from what's offered; Try using the Insert menu > Picture command > from file to import a jpeg or gif image, then size it to the cell. HTH "temp@temp.com" wrote: > Greets All > > I would like to make/add a pattern for a background cell in excel how can I > make one and add it to the options in excel to choose from? > > Tia > ...

existing accounts not showing up on net worth reports
I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done this diferently? -- DR In microsoft.public.money, DR wrote: >I have existing accounts set up, Cd's, that i have transfered to new >accounts, cd's at another institution. the report for net worth over time >fails to show the original cd's after the transfer. How should I have done >this diferently? Forgetting for the moment how you...

picture graph in Excel 2007
I used to be able to create a picture graph in earlier versions of Excel and I'm having problems getting this done in 2007. I can create the pictogrraph without problem by: copying the picture pasting it on one bar of the graph formatting the data point choosing stack and scale with 1 unit. The problem is that when I save the spreadsheet and then reopen, the pictures are gone. They will stay if I just choose stack, but with stack and scale, there is a problem. I can't use just stack because the scale will be off depending on the size and shape of the picture. Anyone have a solution...

HOW TO: Make Excel think there have been no changes, without savin
Hi TWIMC How can I make Excel think that no changes have been made without saving the workbook. Something like in Access on a FORM where you can set Me.Dirty = False? TIA KM One way: ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True In article <D0EA4B60-1BB5-4B4B-BCD2-D9491D6B3D14@microsoft.com>, Kevin McCartney <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi TWIMC > > How can I make Excel think that no changes have been made without saving the > workbook. Something like in Access on a FORM where you can set Me.Dirty = > False? > > TIA > KM ...

Excel won't allow access to some rows!--- Very strange!!
I have a strange problem with one of my spreadshteets. I am not able to access or see any rows 1 to 31. It is as if the "hide" function is in effect. I have tried the "unhide" function, but no use. It is as if I am locked out of these rows! I don't have any "freeze" function active with respect to the unaccesible rows. Anyone here knows what is going on? thanks When you try and unhide select the whole sheet by clicking the border above and to the left of cell A1 and then try unhide rows and then also try row heightr standard. -- Hope this helps M...

Excel 2000-Accounting Underline for Custom or Style Format
I can build a style or custom format to get 125,345.22 to display as 125 and -125,345.22 to display as (125) in red, but when I do so, I lose the accounting underline. When I say "accounting underline," I mean the underline that underlines across the cell, not just under the numbers. Can anyone help get the accounting underline to work? Even if I go back and select Accounting Underline in Format / Cells, the full accounting underline doesn't happen. Thanks, Mike --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

how can i print cards on a single page and edit side two and make.
This isn't. Post your message in this bit, describe it in the top bit. That way, you see the entire message rather than just the start. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

i want excel to show the first tab upon opening, not the second
when i open my spreadsheet, it always opens with the second sheet prominent, rather than the first. how can i change this? Hi, You will need VB for that. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook' and paste the code below in on the right. For it to work you must enable macros on opening Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Sheets(2).Range("A1") End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "robs...

Help! Workspace creation failed and PS2007 still thinks it exists although I can't see it in PWA
I had a workstation creation fail on an "XYZ" project. When I try to re-publish using a different template (which I know works), it says the workspace already exists. Problem is I can't see it in the Project Workspaces area of PWA, nor from the Sites area of PWA, nor from the Project Workspaces area of the Server Settings page, nor from the Sites and Workspaces are of the Site Settings page (of PWA). I've got to figure out what about the newly provisioned template it doesn't like (I've since then changed to the previous version), but first I need to get r...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Remote access user should allow you to assign leads, accounts and.
CRM should provide the capability to assign records to non CRM users. IE - the company may have manufatcuring rep companies that resell their product but these companies and their sales reps would never work in CRM. They need the ability to assign teh records to them to manage and track sales and comissions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...