Problem with Vlookup

Maybe there is a restriction on the number of cells I can search I
don't know..

=VLOOKUP(A53078,$G$2:$H$84,1,FALSE) returns a result of #N/A

when I copy that same formula to an entry for like the first 1000
entries it returns a result, but beyond it seems to not be working..
Is there a limit??  Is there a problem with my formula?

The lookup Table lives from G2:H84 and its sorted AtoZ  I want to
return the result to this particular cell from column one in my
table..  It should be checking Value in A53078 against my table..

ideas?

0
srosetti

On Nov 16, 10:55=A0am, srosetti <thromb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe there is a restriction on the number of cells I can search I
> don't know..
>
> =3DVLOOKUP(A53078,$G$2:$H$84,1,FALSE) returns a result of #N/A
>
> when I copy that same formula to an entry for like the first 1000
> entries it returns a result, but beyond it seems to not be working..
> Is there a limit?? =A0Is there a problem with my formula?
>
> The lookup Table lives from G2:H84 and its sorted AtoZ =A0I want to
> return the result to this particular cell from column one in my
> table.. =A0It should be checking Value in A53078 against my table..
>
> ideas?

correction.  It will return a value up to 3,300 entries, but after
that.. #N/A
0
srosetti
11/16/2009 6:09:23 PM
Turns out Vlookup can't handle quotes for my check cell. It turns out
the first 3300 entries dont have those quotes.  Now to get rid of
them.. ideas?  I might have a formula already.. but I'm all ears if
you have a suggestion.
0
srosetti

Printing problem #5
Recently upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2002 and now will not print any existing files from 2000. Running Win98SE. This also happened when I upgraded powerpoint from 2000 to 2002. Message comes up an error has occurred in your program-close/ignore and then illegal operation appears. Have you tried updating your printer driver? Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Don" <dprice@remc11.k12.mi.us> wrote in message news:u8m7vZ...

Forum Navigation Funtionality Problems
I am having great difficulty navigating the Excel forum. For example when I clicked on the forum link to "Excel general questions" IE returns the error that the page cannot be found. I have found that if I first click on an Outlook forum and gain access to it, and then click on "Excel general questions" I will gain access immediately. After posting a question to the "Excel general questions" forum, and receiving an email response, the link in the email to the thread took me to an error message that the page was not found. I then navigated manually to the f...

Problem with custom format
Should be simple solution but I can't figure it out. I want a user to b able to enter a 16 digit number in a cell and have the cell display a follows. 1234-1234-1234-1234 I applied this custom format to the cell ####-####-####-#### When the number is entered as 1234123412341234. The cell display 1234-1234-1234-1230. The last digit is changed from a 4 to a zero What's going on?? It doesn't matter what sequence of 16 digit number you enter, the last digit is always changed to a zero. By the way th entry doesn't have to be treated as numeric it could be text also. Any help wou...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

Outlook XP problems
I have four email addresses that I manage with outlook. Today I realized I was receiving email from only two of the accounts. No matter what I do, I can't get the accounts to receive mail. I've deleted and re-created them in outlook but no go. I've uninstalled outlook and reinstalled it. I can't even get these accounts to "move up" or become default on the "email accounts" page. When I "test" the settings, everything comes out okay but the test mail never arrives. I am able to access the sent test mail on web mail and in OE without any pr...

Disclaimer problem
After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a MAPI client won't get the message attached. Is there a fix for this other than using a 3rd party software. Thanks in advance. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After 2 days of trying to get an disclaimer to work using >the VB method only to find out that it doesn't work using >outlook but works using MAC's so anything comming from a >MAPI client w...

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

Public folders changes problem
Hi On Exchange 2007 I created public folder named "IT" and inside a calendar called "IT calnedar" that is used for all events in our IT department. It's strange when our secretary adds events into this calendar and mark them with different colors (categories) these changes (the right color for each event) are only shown in Outlook 2003 or OWA, but in Outlook 2007 all colors are mixed up. We all have Outlook 2007 in IT department, so we all see wrong colors, but when I try to log-on through OWA or with a test machine that has Outlook 2003 installed everything is O...

Problem inserting a node with a namespace
This is so silly I must be doing something wrong! I need to insert (using VB.NET) a new node in a DOM; node has a namespace. I first create, under programme, basic structure, starting thus: <rdf:RDF xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:prism="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/basic/" xmlns:pcv="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/pcv/"> Then I attempt to add a node with rdf namespace prefix. My call in skeleton is: CreateElement("rdf", "subje...

Font dialog Sample Window problem
Am using a CFontDialog derived class (CInwinFontDlg) to allow user to select new font/size etc. But for some reason cannot get the text in Sample window to either show or change when font attribute selected. The following is how my font dlg is constructed. CInwinFontDlg dlg(&lf, CF_SCREENFONTS| CF_INITTOLOGFONTSTRUCT| CF_FIXEDPITCHONLY| CF_SHOWHELP | CF_ENABLETEMPLATE); Does one have to control the look and appearance or does the Common Windows' font dialog do this with the which CF flag? -- Kevin Kohler INWIN Development Manager Response Technology, Inc. Kevin, How you constru...

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Realteck 5.1 (6 channel) sound problem
Hi, I have finally got round to connecting all my speakers up to my fairly new PC. I have a Soundblaster desktop 5.1 speaker system and my new mobo, aa ASrock N68PV-GS, has 3 rear connectors for the onboard Realtek ALC662 system. I connect up my 3 cables, Front Green to Green on the mobo, middle black/blue and the centre/bass pink/orange to the mic in. The Realteck control panel objects to this mic connection. No matter what I try I get everything via the two front speakers. All is set up to 5.1 in the control panel, I have checked all my cables are well seated and in good ...

problem retreiving mail from exchange
One user here has suddenly stopped retriving incoming mail from exchange. Mail received just sits there till he sends something out. Then the received emails show up in the inbox. This just started with no apparent cause. Normally as mail comes in it automatically appears in the inbox. Does anyone know why this has stopped? ...

Problems adjusting to XP
I'm a moderately experienced user with two complaints: 1) I accidentally set the 'recently used file list' to zero, and I meant one. In the Options or wherever it is, now, the box is grayed out and I can't get it re-set to 1. Halp!! 2) 97% of my work is with mini-databases which I prefer to have in Excel, and the new Excel keeps reminding me and scolding me for having text labels which appear to be numbers [duh!!] And it scolds me when I sort. How can I tell Excel to stop treating me like an idjit? -- Regards, P D Sterling www.pdsterling.us 1) No Idea 2) Tools>...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

License Problem
I have networked two macs and purchased and installed two copies of Office:Mac (2004). I now find that my second mac is reading the license info off the first one and not allowing me access on the second one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on the second mac at least a dozen times, then discovered Microsoft's instructions "Error message when you try to start an Office 2004 for Mac program: "Microsoft Office 2004 is already in use". So I followed those instructions at least a dozen times to remove the Office 2004 for Mac licensing information and it has not...

Problem with code that inspects thread context and dumps stack trace
Hi! Some years ago, I had to debug a Java application that had a deadlock problem. It wasn't so hard, because I've been told about a JVM command (now, I don't even remember how to activate it!) that dumps the status of all threads in an app, including "what they are waiting for" (locks). Now I'm in the "real" world of C++, Win32 applications and MFC (no virtual machines around!). We have many multithreaded applications: what if some bug causes a dedlock, e.g. in a test scenario? We must inspect it, and I'd like to have a tool to simplify my life. Does s...

OWA problem #34
when i click reply all from a message and sent it will show: The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.Please try the following: If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. Open the {IP} home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Back button to try another link. HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services Technical Information (for support personnel) More information: Microsoft Support ****************then i click...

Help! Auto formatting problems
I've created a file in Excel. My database is in Access. Whenever I change data in my worksheet, in Excel, it changes the column width of my A column. Do I need to deselect something? Why does this automatically change? Please help! I'm not sure how Access fits into this, but I've seen xl "help" with numeric entries--it'll expand the columnwidth to make sure you can see the digits. If you don't like this, one way to tell excel to stop it is to manually adjust the columnwidth. Excel won't "help" again until you autofit that column width. If...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 server...problems!
Hello all. I have this problem that I'm facing with the rename of a Win2003 and Exchange 2003 server which is a member of a Win2000 AD.After I renamed the server I have the problem with the Exchange System Attendant service which doesn't start.I started the RPC locator service then tried to start the System Attendant service again but with no luck. I've checked out the Domain Controller for DNS resolution and group membership and everything is ok. I run dcdiag and everything is ok again. I'm looking in the posts and on the net in general but I can't find anything that will ...

Problems restoring back-up file
I am configuring a new PC at home and was restoring my Money 2005 back-up file onto the new machine. When I try to restore, I get the message, "Money cannot locate '<location of your Money data file>' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or your disk drive is write protected." I cannot see any problem with disk space or write-protection. I did copy the back-up file to hard disk [from a flash drive]. Also, I opened the sample.mny file, backed it up, and restored that back-up successfully. Both my old PC and the new PC are running XP SP2 and th...

Problems updating MS Money software
Everytime I start my MS Money I get a message saying that a new software version is available. I accept the message and see the download to complete. At that point I get a: We were not able to complete the update. Make sure that you're still connected to the Internet and have at least 100 MB space in your hard drive' Obviously I meet this 2 conditions and I was even able to see where Money is putting all these new files. I just don't know what happens right at the end when it tries to start the update. Any help is really appreciated, MV -- MV ...

SMTP Mail Problems to Neon / Memo
Hi, we have the following Mail configuration. Internet - Mailsweeper - Exchange Organisation Now we configured an SMTP connector to an additional company with Memo / Neon Server. The target of the connector was the Neon SMTP Gateway server. The other company is includest in our LAN / WAN, firewall port 25 is open. The SMTP domain of the additional domain is routed over Mail sweeper into Exchange and via SMTP connector to the company. The SMTP connector is set in global settings to character Set 8859-1. We send Mail from Exchange to Neon / Memo and vice versa without problems. We sen...

Problems posting Ecel sheet
I had an excel sheet I was trying to post here, I can not seem to get it to post. (I can get a text file attachment vrigin or compressed to post, but not the excel spread sheet...virgin or compressed) Any suggestions? Hi PLEASE don't attach files to this newsgroup. Most people won't even open it. Try to explain your question in PLAIN text -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peter Long" <home@yourhouse.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:tuf2o0la5r1vrie435g8bifmhi98m78aqs@4ax.com... > I had an excel sheet I was trying to post here, I can not seem to get >...