Problem with - sign in sheet name??

I have code that will get a range method failed error when trying to
execute the statement:
	x=range(s & i) where  s="Brazil-008.ord" and i is any value.  The
Brazil-008.ord tab (worksheet) does exist.  If I change the salur os s and
the name of the worksheet so that it does not contain the minus sign it
works great.

I have had used a worksheet named Brazil-008.ord in another set of macros
which happens to have the same statement and it works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  Thanks!
0
Bub

A sheet name cannot contain a minus sign.  I suspect in the other
workbook the minus sign was not part of a string name but was
interpreted as a real minus sign and you were perfrom a subtraction.

for example

A = 5
B = 3

A - B = 2

Which is not the same as the string

"A - B"

You code has double quotes around the variable s="Brazil-008.ord" which
makes it a string.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...

Another question regarding matching names and adding spaces
I have a new question that goes along with this. Is there a way to expand on the cell selection? Besides the names in Column B, I also have data in Columns C, D, E, & F that I need to keep with the names in Column B. Thanks Again! "Xt" wrote: > On Feb 13, 10:28 am, ILunacy <ILun...@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > I hope someone can help me out with this. Say I have column A filled with > > like 500 names, and column B filled with 300 of the same names. Is there a > > way or a formula to match the names in column B to the corre...

connection problems
a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a connection problem -- eummer2010 how does your problem/question pertain to windows update? terri wrote: > a popup saying internet explorer cannot diaplay webpage and it is a > connection problem Hello Terry, Would be nice if you could tell us more information, like what OS you're using, Service Pack, what other security software are you running, if any? etc. IE6 ? IE7 ? IE8 ? Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/...