Print to PDF (apeend to the end of an existing PDF)

Hi.

I need to print the same sheet about 600 times (with different values) to
ONE PDF.
Im thinking of printing the sheet and append the result to an existing PDF.

Is this possible? How can i do this?

Thanks a lot SpeeD

you could use primo pdf, but i'm not sure you could do it without interacting
with the program,

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"SpeeD" <SpeeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I need to print the same sheet about 600 times (with different values) to
> ONE PDF.
> Im thinking of printing the sheet and append the result to an existing PDF.
>
> Is this possible? How can i do this?
>
> Thanks a lot SpeeD

0
Gary
1/13/2010 9:10:41 PM
Hi Gary

I use Acrobat distiller...

SpeeD

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

> you could use primo pdf, but i'm not sure you could do it without interacting
> with the program,
>
> --
>

> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003
>

> "SpeeD" <SpeeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I need to print the same sheet about 600 times (with different values) to
> > ONE PDF.
> > Im thinking of printing the sheet and append the result to an existing PDF.
> >
> > Is this possible? How can i do this?
> >
> > Thanks a lot SpeeD
>
> .

If the data on your sheet is roughly "page size", meaning it all fits nicely
on one PDF page, then here is the first thought that popped into my head.  It
will require some VBA to make it work.

For each of the 600 or so different values you will have to use, plug the
value into your main sheet.  Copy the results to a second sheet, starting at
row 1.  Then with the next value plugged in, copy the results from the main
sheet directly below the first results on the second sheet.  Continue doing
this until you exhaust your loop (600 times).  I'm guessing this will all fit
on one sheet, even in Excel 2003, because 600 * 80 (lines on one page?) =
48,000 rows required.

Once you have all 600 sets of data on a single sheet, you can set the
horizontal page breaks (again using VBA) to separate the sets of data into
individual pages.  Once that's done, you can print just that sheet to a PDF
file, and you'll magically have your 600 pages of data!  Then you just delete
that temporary sheet if you no longer need it.  You could also add a table of
contents, title page, etc, at the beginning of the temporary sheet if desired.

"The VBA coding is left to the student as an exercise"

HTH,

Eric

"SpeeD" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I need to print the same sheet about 600 times (with different values) to
> ONE PDF.
> Im thinking of printing the sheet and append the result to an existing PDF.
>
> Is this possible? How can i do this?
>
> Thanks a lot SpeeD
Eric.

It´s not an orthodox solution but it will surely work... but to be honest i
would prefer to print 1 by 1 and append it to the end of the PDF...

Thank´s a lot Eric!!

Speed

"EricG" wrote:

> If the data on your sheet is roughly "page size", meaning it all fits nicely
> on one PDF page, then here is the first thought that popped into my head.  It
> will require some VBA to make it work.
>
> For each of the 600 or so different values you will have to use, plug the
> value into your main sheet.  Copy the results to a second sheet, starting at
> row 1.  Then with the next value plugged in, copy the results from the main
> sheet directly below the first results on the second sheet.  Continue doing
> this until you exhaust your loop (600 times).  I'm guessing this will all fit
> on one sheet, even in Excel 2003, because 600 * 80 (lines on one page?) =
> 48,000 rows required.
>
> Once you have all 600 sets of data on a single sheet, you can set the
> horizontal page breaks (again using VBA) to separate the sets of data into
> individual pages.  Once that's done, you can print just that sheet to a PDF
> file, and you'll magically have your 600 pages of data!  Then you just delete
> that temporary sheet if you no longer need it.  You could also add a table of
> contents, title page, etc, at the beginning of the temporary sheet if desired.
>
> "The VBA coding is left to the student as an exercise"
>
> HTH,
>
> Eric
>
> "SpeeD" wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I need to print the same sheet about 600 times (with different values) to
> > ONE PDF.
> > Im thinking of printing the sheet and append the result to an existing PDF.
> >
> > Is this possible? How can i do this?
> >
> > Thanks a lot SpeeD

Publisher 2003 catalog printing
I need helpful advice! Our plant nursery has created a catalog for desktop publishing using Publisher 2003 and the creating of it went wonderfully. However, when I try to print the catalog (in booklet form)I only have text on 1 side of the page when I fold it. Can someone tell me how to get it to print on both sides of the page? The computer is only 30 days old and came w/ this software, but Microsoft wants $35.00 to answer my simple question! Thanks, Joanie Dunbar Jopanie, I must do my newsletter different than anyone else and the funny thing is I get what I want at the printer....

System error
I am trying to print a 12-page booklet (double-sided) in Publisher. I get an error message stating a System error. I have restarted computer but still get error message each time. Have you looked at the support documents for your printer model on the manufacturer's web site? Is your printer driver current? How to download and install the latest printer driver from your printer manufacturer's Web site http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_print_introduction/en-us What exactly is the wording of the error? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Trouble Printing" <Tr...

Outlook is trying to send messages that don't exist
Outlook 2003 says "sending messages 1 of 6" but there is nothing in my Outbox. I ran "scanpst", which fixed several errors, but did not fix this problem. I created a new messge and hit "send". The new message is just sitting in the Outbox. It looks like Outlook is trying to send the non-existent messages first, so the new message is stuck waiting. Related info: I have three e-mail accounts in Outlook 2003. Two of the accounts send/receive fine, and the problem account receives fine. I believe the problem started when one e-mail provider had some serv...

VB and Printing
Hi.... Is there a way to use VB in Excel or Word to print a document but set some of the printer settings to other than what the printer was last set to? Rob The Excel PrintOut method has a parameter for naming the printer to be used. Check it out in Help. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Jim, I don't have a problem with selecting the printer BUT, when someone else has used and varied the printer settings, such as colour, quality, etc., and later, I select the VB print button to print a specific workbook I created, it prints using the last settings of the printer instead of how I want ...

Print even or odd pages ONLY
I have a 200 page publication that I have created in Mspub2003 and need to be able to print first only even pages, then odd pages on the back side of the first print. I can do this in Word but can't find the option in Pub. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Ken Like I said before, it's very tempting to compare Word and Publisher but you can't depend on those two programs having the same features. I will assume that you have some sort of .pdf creating software on your system. (Most of us who use Publisher do. If you don't, you should.) Adobe Reader will allow you ...

How do I add months to an existing calendar?
I have an existing calendar from August 2004 through September 2005. I want to preserve the formatting and I have discovered the only way to do this is to add dates to the existing calendar. But I can't find anywhere how I am supposed to add months to my existing calendar. Did you create the calendar from a wizard? When you open the calendar does the calendar options task bar appear? If it does you should be able to change the date range. If this isn't the case, add some pages to the end of your calendar, copy and paste... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Printing without showing PrintDialog
I posted this question in Comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, before I found THIS newsgroup, sorry for crossposting. My application works with a data logging hardware. Every few minutes the user pushes a button to start a measure cycle. Once the cycle is complete, I want the results to print. I use the following code which works fine. However, what code do I need to print WITHOUT showing the PrintDialog? In other words, I want to avoid that the user has to click OK in the PrintDialog. All I want is that a page is printed to the default printer without user action. BOOL CMyPrinter::CreateDef...

"Error Accessing SQL Data" when printing invoices
When our users go to Inquiry-->Sales-->Sales Documents and select an invoice to print, then try to print it, we get a "Error Accessing SQL Data" error. If I log the SQL, it fails on the following statement: SELECT T448.SOPNUMBE, T448.SOPTYPE, T448.DOCDATE, T448.ShipToName, T448.CUSTNMBR, T448.CSTPONBR, T448.SLPRSNID, T448.SHIPMTHD, T448.PYMTRMID, T448.ReqShipDate, T448.MSTRNUMB, T448.ADDRESS1, T448.ADDRESS2, T448.CUSTNAME, T448.CURRNIDX, T448.DOCAMNT, T448.ORDOCAMT, T448.FRTAMNT, T448.ORFRTAMT, T448.MISCAMNT, T448.ORMISCAMT, T448.SUBTOTAL, T448.ORSUBTOT, T448.TAXAMNT, T448.OR...

Allow existing items lookup when creating a Kit with New Item Wiza
Currently when using the New Item Wizard to create a kit, you can key in the kit compoents which are then created as items using the Kit's ItemLookupCode as a prefix. The user should be able to attach existing items to a kit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Excel
When I copy a sheet to the end of a workbook, it changes all of the data on the existing sheets. Any idea if this bug has been worked out in recent updates or versions of Excel? On 5/27/04 9:15 AM, in article 444257df.0405270515.3c3bccf7@posting.google.com, "Andrew" <adewing@princeton.edu> wrote: > When I copy a sheet to the end of a workbook, it changes all of the > data on the existing sheets. Any idea if this bug has been worked out > in recent updates or versions of Excel? Can you explain in more detail what is happening. This is not a bug or problem that I am ...

Gridlines not lined up when printed
I am printing to a network printer. When I preview my document, everything looks great. When I print, the gridlines are not lined up. The farther down the page I go, the worse the lines are. Any ideas? ...

MRP ReGen End Date
GP v80+sp3, we have noticed that MRP does not plan out until the end date of the ReGen but almost one month shorter - looks like a programming fault at this stage but this is very early detection. Im tryin a few things and will get back when i have some solid info...... Has anyone seen a similar issue? thx Theo :) We're on 8.0 sp3 as well. Our dates seem short as well, though only by a week. Our last regen ran through 11/25/06. If I look at daily buckets in the MRP View or MRP Item Inquiry it says that 11/19 is the end of the date range. -- Jim@TurboChef "Theo S" wr...

Having Word Print Blanks
I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can have the answers to questions show up on the screen but be blank when I print them out. Is there anyway I can make word leave things blank only when I print them? Have the background of your document black, and make the text white, then don't let it print the background. "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE79E8DD-FCD8-435E-8E2A-EC77E4F56416@microsoft.com... :I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can : have the answers to que...

when printing publisher closes
I used to use Publisher all the time. But, now when I try to print, the moment I change printers, publisher closes completely. I can't seem to print anything. I am not sure as to what to do irina wrote: > I used to use Publisher all the time. But, now when I try to print, > the moment I change printers, publisher closes completely. I can't > seem to print anything. I am not sure as to what to do =================================== Might be a good idea to check the MSOffice site for updates: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/FX101321101033.aspx (click "O...

Converting Multiple Worksheet in One PDF file
I have an Excel Workbook consisting of multiple sheets. Can I convert all those sheets in one shot using Adobe Acrobat? If not, is there any freeware/shareware available to do it for me? thanks, carl Carl I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets. Adobe has trouble with multiple sheets. From what I hear, AA saves a separate file for each sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On ...

can't print outlook 2000 message
I have outlook 2000 When I print a message I get the error: an error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore an save your work in a new file... and then the outlook is closed. what can I do print a message from outlook? I've seen this problem when printing an HTML message and trying to print to a different printer than the default printer. As long as I print to the default it works. Plain Text and RTF emails, I can print to any printer. Other option, Uninstall printer and reinstall it. "amc2" <amc2@013.net.il> wrote in message news:8b4b01...

Limited Page Printing problem; Blue Dashed Line Delineating End Of Document ?
Hello, Have been using Excel 97 for some time now, but have never run across this before. Still consider myself a new user, though. In the middle of my workbook, about 1/2 way down, Excel now has a dashed blue line inserted. I cannot print anything below the line, as it is apparently taking the line as delineating the end of my workbook, I guess. How do I get rid of this line, or indicator, and get back to being able to print "everything", please ? BTW: how did it get there in the first place ? E.g., what might I have done inadvertently, just so I can learn ? Thanks, Bob ...

Color and BW Printing
I work for a volunteer baseball league (NPO) and we're printing 5,000 programs for a few upcoming tournaments. We have a printer in house that can do it and is on lease... the only problem is the printer is completely annoying and reads almost all pages as color. Our program is both black and white (38) pages, with 5 color ads and the rest BW, however when we print it set as "Automatic" under our print settings (which are different from printer to printer obviously), it counts it as 38 color pages... which costs $.06 apeice as opposed to $.01 apeice. We're an NPO, we can'...

How do I convert a .pdf file into microsoft publisher?
I am wanting to use publisher to update regulations at my work. The regulations are in a .pdf file. Is there any way to convert this file so I can use publisher? Thanks. If you use ScanSoft's PDF Converter you can convert it but I've had results ranging from fair to pure crap (that's the technical term for not usable). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jjwann99" <jjwann99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A67C1234-C068-4EE4-905A-B8D3A64D08ED@microsoft.com... >I am wanting to use publisher to update regulations at my work. The...

Excel printing problem
When I try to print 1 copy of my Excel spreadsheet, 2500 copies prin instead. This does not happen in Word. The File Print function let me select 1 copy, but when I hit OK to print, it begins a countdown, e now printing 1 of 2500. I have restarted my computer and my printer. I have not run diagnostics on the printer bc this problem only occur when printing an Excel file. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does this happen when you print this particular workbook only or is it for all excel files? What add-ins are checked under tools>add-ins? -- Regards, ...

Print Server Properties
We are a Windows XP SP 3 invironment using a Windows Server Print Server. I have a User that is able to create a New Form using the "Create a New Form" box in the "Print Server Properties" Forms Tab from her system. She creates using the size she wants with the name she intends to use. When she then goes to the Printer (Does not mater which printer she uses), she is unable to see this newly created Form... Searching the Forums, it appears we are setting this up correctly but unable to see this form on her system.. I even tried to create a Local IP Printe...

Outlook 2000 print attachment name
Hi When printing an HTML message in Outlook 2000, the attachment name is not printed as it is with a Plain Text message. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the attachment name (or even just if there is an attachment or not!) to print?? Thanks in advance Paul Marshall paulm844 @ netscape .net ---- ...

Print Wide html reports using Excel
Hi We have very large html reports that gets printed on the client machine from our Windows based application hosted on a citrix server. Since the reports are very wide with lots of columns, we cannot print them directly from the browser and internally convert it to a excel file using Microsoft Excel Automation Library (COM) and then print the report. I have a couple of questions : 1. Is there a better way to create a excel document without using Microsoft Excel Com Library that takes html as input and generates a Native format Excel file format as output ? 2. We plan ...

print spooler
My printer spooler is not on to my network printer, how can I restart the printer spooler??? Try Admin tools>services>print spooler right click on it and select properties set to automatic Also make sure (RPC) Remote Proceedure Call is also runnung. Please note none of these tasks is going to help you with your Outlook problems so don't complain here about it. hth "Joe B" <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B34E4B22-78A3-4DD9-BE71-32D265E135FA@microsoft.com... > My printer spooler is not on to my network printer, how can...

PRINT XLS DATA VIA WORD
I am trying to print an index card form an XLS file. It only lets me select letter, labels, etc but not a custom layout. When selecting index card as paper source it still doesn't work. I have a list in Excel to merge into word to print. Simple process. Why is this not working? I've tried several ways. I was able before XP to print the xls file line with the grid lines. Now it just doesn't like this easy method. Any help out there will be appreciated. This is not brain surgery and I am definitely missins something. Try a Word newsgroup... There are several. Or an Excel...