Pivot Table not pulling all fields or data

Hi All........

Without getting too verbose, I have a 900 row by 26 column database I am
applying a Pivot Table to.  The code seems to run fine, but it is not
returning some of the fields, and of course the related data.  I have tried
reformatting the entire columns I am pulling from but no joy......however,
when I reformat an errant cell from General to TEXT, that row comes
in........and/or, if I change the value in one of the missing cells, it will
bring that row in.  The code runs fine, and was mostly derived by recording
a macro in XL2k, but the data cannot be trusted because it is imcomplete.
Any ideas would be appreciated

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

0
clr

MSysObjects Name field
I was looking at the data in an offline copy of a replica we have been having problems with and looked in the table MSysObjects. Some of the records had something like below in the Name field of several records: ~sq_cfdlgCompanies~sq_cCompanyTypeID What is this and is it normal? On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:16:06 -0600, "David C" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: >I was looking at the data in an offline copy of a replica we have been >having problems with and looked in the table MSysObjects. Some of the >records had something like below in the Name field of sever...

Speeding up a table update
**newb alert** I have a rather basic form, 14 input fields, and about 20 fields total that are used to add items to a table. I inherited this beasty from an old schooler, and have really no idea where to start speeding this form up. It takes on average, 1min47sec to update 1 item. I was poking around in the code for the add button, which does the actual updating to the table. Its got a bunch of dim's at the beginning of the function obviously, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to move these... '[Add part] button Dim rs As Recordset Dim rs1 As Rec...

Sorting Data by date problem
Dear All, I have a bit of a problem sorting data but I feel it should be simple, but I cannot find a way to do it :-) What i want to achieve is to sort rows of data by date but insert blank rows into the data at various points. These points would be if the data is more than 15 days old and more than 5 days old. Therefore it would look like this Dates over 15 Days (list of dates in order of more than 15 days ago but not less than 5 days ago) Dates over 5 Days (list of dates over 5 days old) Dates OK (Dates up to 5 days old) Some of the dates used are Future dates and would be in the bo...

Strange Display Issue
I have encountered an Excel file where the table has been resized to about 1/4 of the size of the main Excel window. See here for a screencap: http://drop.io/5uv2svl/asset/strange-excel-display-jpg I have looked at all the settings in Excel and can't figure out how to make the table go back to full screen. This appears in both Excel 2003 and 2007. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line ...

Data into worksheet thru hyperterminal
I would like to gather data using measuring tools such as micrometers that are connected to a MUX box. The MUX box is using COM2 to communicate to a SPC software package. I have used a keyboard wedge and that works with one measuring tool at a time but I would like to use two different tools. I would like to know if there is some way to get Hyperterminal to "talk" to Excel to transfer data without having to save to text then importing. ...

use of "from" field
I just noticed that the new message form in Outlook allows you to specify what address the message is coming from -- and when you press the button marked "from..." it opens up the address book, allowing you to pick any address in your address book. My possibly dumb question is, what is the purpose of this feature? I can't imagine that it would fool an internet listserv into allowing me to post on a list to which I am not subscribed. I suppose if I am using somebody else's computer, I might want to send a message this way so that, for example, people wouldn't think they ...

Timeline: where it will match up data automatically
I'm trying to create a timeline for a screenplay I'm writing. I found a nifty little template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010162661033.aspx But what I don't like is that I have to manually enter and move around the events, and enter the years manually, etc.. I need to set up 3 different timelines: 1. for 1 year, where each line on the timeline is a month 2. for 12 years, where each line is a year 3. a 60 year period, where every 2 lines is a decade, ie. from 1930's to 1990's I want to make a chart where I enter the date and the event, then excel...

Moving the Exchange data and log files.
I got the paper that tells how to move the Exchange data and log files. The directory I created is D:\Exchsrvr\MDBdata. The paper says to set up a number of permissions for System, Administration and other users. However, no mention is made of the Everyone user. I decided to remove that user, but the security wizard complained that I would break inheritance rules for that folder and all progeny. So, I decided to just set Deny on all the capabilities. The security wizard than said that no user could access the folder as the Everyone deny is applied first, so I backed out of...

referencing in tables
hi i have a sheet that contains a column with dates from jan to dec which i have also formated as a table. i have a sheet also formatted as tables representing the 12 months, but in this 2nd sheet the mothns are sprated by 3 merged rows and i want to get the dates enterd in the date sheets to refelect in the second sheet. it does happen when i use =and select the the sheet tab. all i want know is how can i get it so that when there is no date it will not show a zero zero but N/A or nothing If you use this custom format it will show blank when the value is zero: General;-General;...

Subject and Conversation fields different
I'm curious to know how the Conversation field is filled in outlook. The reason I ask is that not always, but some times, the subject line does not match the conversation field in new emails that I receive. Any explanation? ...

Nameing scattered data in chart (dot's)
I consider myself as a fairly competent excel user, but I seriuosly got stucked on this on!! Im duing a simple scattered chart with prices up along Y-axis and miles along the X-axis ... But I would like each scattered dot to be named after "my coloum N" which is car1, car2, car3 ...etc (Meaning .. If I have 30 Cars...where is car no. 1 in the chart and where is car no. 30) ?? The only luck I had so fare was either to show the X, Y- value or chart name!!! Hope someone can assist me if it is possible.. Thanks in advance NielsChr Hi, Simplest way is to use ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Move data from one colum to another
I have over 900 contacts which includes contact data containing two columns of data, first name and last name, and wish to do the following: move the last name to the first name column with a space between the first and last name and then rename the column to be named contact. Suggestions? Thanks very much Lewis Shanks Lewis Assume first name in Column A and last name in Column B In C2(assumes A1 and B1 are titles) enter =A2 & " " & B2 Double-click on the fill handle at bottom right corner of C2 to replicate down column C. When happy with results, copy Column C ...

Memo Fields In Access 2007
I want to insert a jpg file into a rich text memo field. The image file would be selected from a list box or from a popup form showing a lis of jpg's. Is this possible? The rich text box is not capable of displaying an image within it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "KevinHa" <KevinHa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4708B454-F763-42AB-B630-C87E94E2CD63@microsoft.com... >I want to insert a jpg file into a rich...

joining tables
I have to join 2 tables. I created a table with all the field names as place holder called "DUMMY TABLE", and I have another table with real values called "ABC table". Now I need to merge both the tables and should have only one column for each field. say for example date is present in both tables. I have to keep date from abc_val and ignore date from dummy table. i.e how can I overide the dummy fields I don't have any joining conditions for these tables SELECT temp.*, abc_val.* from dummy temp, abc_xl abc_val; -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ...

table relationships and subdatasheets
I'm very new with Access, so I appreciate your patience and help. I created a database with 4 tables in it and later found that I didn't need one, so I deleted it. Let's call that Table B. I'm left with Tables A, C, & D. (I had established a relationship between Table A & B before I deleted it.) Now, when I attempt to create a subdatasheet in Table A, I get a dialogue box that says "The table or query name 'Table B' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a table or query that doesn't exist." Well,...

Simulating A Full Outer Join in Access from 3 Tables
Hi, Hope someone can help me with this. I'm trying to simulate the results from full outer join in Access across 3 tables using a union query that someone recommended (or another method if it can be done): --TABLES-- BOE INDICES TECHNICALS The common field among them is a date field in the fisrt column but the tables differ in terms of both the number of rows (dates) they have and also the number of columns/fields. Hence I want to bring back all rows from all three tables even those that are unmatched by the date field, but I want to join by date field across the tables so where there ...

Data Access Pages
We've a Data access page application, where the Excel Spread sheet control is embedded in HTML. The application was developed through Front page and it uses Office web components 9.0.The application runs in IIS server. We're able to access the applicationfrom a client machine which has windows XP os and office 2000 installed. But the application doesn't displays the office web components when the client has windows xp and office 2003 installed. We use IE 6.0 version to access the application. Any help on this is highly appreciated. ...

averages in pivot table
I created a pivot table to show data over a 12 month time frame. I am trying to get the monthly average. However, it does not include months with null values in the average. For example the value for Feb is 60 and March is 60 and all other months are null for a total of 120 for the year. The monthly average for the whole year should be 10. However the pivot table will give an average of 60. How do I get the pivot table to include null values in the calculation of the average? You have to replace blanks/null with 0, that way you'll get 10.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &q...

find rows for unique data in 1 column and different data in other.
I have a spreadsheet that contains 1 column that contains cells that may contain the same information such as A2 and A4 and A6 all contain 4144638872 - in columns B-P there may be information that may be different for each 1234 cell: A2=4144638872 B2=278954 A4=4144638872 B4=195871 A6=4144638872 B6=238521 I want to return a result of unique rows based on only 1 phone # that exists in column A. I need the information in column B and other columns and I don't care which of the 3 remain in the result sheet. Basically I have a list of file#s with the same phone #s and I only want ...

Passing data between classes
Hi, This isn't really a MFC specific question but anyways... I'm trying to pass a global variable (m_hInst) of my main dialog class (CMyDialog) to another dialog but can't find the proper way to do it. When I call CMyDialog::m_hInst it tells me it's an illegal reference to non-static member. I understand that but how the hell am I supose to access this variable and have the value I have set within my main dialog class (CMyDialog) !? TIA, Max. How about providing method in your dialog to access the variable and pass your dialog pointer to the other dialog. Essentially you wi...

A Data file did not close properly the last time it was used
Everytime open Outlook 2007-client, i received below error message. i did PST scan and no problem with the PST file. Any suggestion instead uninstall the Outlook 2007. Outlook Error message: A Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being check for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress. Thanks This means you either did not shut down Outlook before shutting down your PC, something is keeping the outlook.exe running even though you closed Outlook or Outlook crashed while closing. For troubleshooting steps and de...

Duplicate records based on Multiple Fields
Hi Trying to write a query to find duplicate records in table using 2 fields field1 field2 field3 1111 abc Part abc <----- 2222 xyz Part xyz 3333 uvw Part uvw 1111 abc Part bbbb <----- Trying to find how many duplicates I have Of Field1 and Field2 combination being the same ie the 1st and 4th thanks Try this -- SELECT [1st_Table].Field1, [1st_Table].Field2, Count([1st_Table].Field1) AS CountOfField1 FROM 1st_Table GROUP BY [1st_Table].Field1, [1st_...

how do you edit a data access page
I created a custom Data Access Page. I then opened it by right clicking and selecting Web page preview. I can not edit any of the information. All tables conected have a primary key set. Any suggestions? ...

Converting Excel Data Input to csv format
I wish to create a Data Input Form. I would like to use Excel 2000 for = the form. The data is to be imported into Sage Line 50, an accounting = package and needs to be imported in a csv format. Tips and any useful links to online Help notes please. ~~~~ Gerry Can't you just save the file as a CSV file, using Excel's Save As option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:OqxS%23CAQEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... I wish to create a Data Inp...